What my boss doesn't know...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
... is that every day I come to work wearing a jacket, my Nintendo DS is in one of the pockets.

What rebellious secrets do you guys keep from your bosses?

When I was in sales, I would ride to our client's parking lot and just sit in the work truck playing PSP. Finally got a use out of all those UMD movies I bought cheap too.

BTW! My work ethic isn't THAT bad, this is the result of being dicked over on my commission for half a year.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
My boss used to leave at 5pm which left me open to a lot of videogame playing. I used to only play when I'd work night shift, one week I put in 30 hours of Fire Emblem on GBA at work. I ended up having to reset most of the time so it was about 5 hours of progress, I hated that game! But yeah, if a lot of you guys remember when I used to work night shift I'd be up all night in the chat room with you. I miss the good old days. :sad:

Edit: Oh, and my boss didn't know I slept with 3 of the Mental Health Counselors.

I REALLY miss those days.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My boss doesn't know that I'm on here and the rest of the internet for most of the day. :SK:

Well...for the days that I don't have much work to do, anyway.

Walter said:
I've become a master of alt+tab. :rakshas:

I wish that were the case where I work, unfortunately being called away from your desk is all too frequent and the computers can be a bit sluggish to tab between programs

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I've become a master of alt+tab. :rakshas:

Holy shit...I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know about alt+tab. The other day I learned you could blind cc a person on an email, too. Ugh. :farnese:

I used to hide a gameboy sp some years ago at a touristy job I had. currently I work at game stop and at a lab, the game stop job I don't give a fuck about and just text all day while being friendly to people but avoid cleaning at all costs(other employees mess up the store and think im going to clean up the mess since I'm there 1 day a week, jokes on them) my school job I fudge my hours since it's qualitative not quantitative(I make stuff for bacteria to grow on and set up labs and make solutions and autoclave(sterilize) stuff, when it's done my boss doesnt care if I leave early)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
My boss knows I spend all day checking SK.net. :badbone:

Rhombaad said:
Holy shit...I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know about alt+tab. The other day I learned you could blind cc a person on an email, too. Ugh. :farnese:

Better late than never! :slan:

When I was working at the local photogallery, we had high-speed internet. On Wednesdays (or, really, ANY day that my boss didn't come in) I would sign on to Netflix and watch movies and tv shows for HOURS.

Even though I didn't bring home much, it was the best job I ever had.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I'm handing out flyers for this marketing company and I"m suppose to deliver 1600 for 4 hours. I just do about 1000 or when I reach my 4 hours of work. When I was back in the store about 3 months ago, I did my keychains there and played video games or check on SK.net when no customers were in the store.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
N64 and Gamecube in our supply storage where my friend and I beat each other up with Golden Eye and Super Smash brothers. That and during our technology collaborations, we break out the DS's and play Tecmo Bowl Kickoff!

That and scanning berserk on our huge fuji xerox machines! :carcus:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
My boss doesn't know that I put my psp in my pocket and spend half the time I'm out "bringing carts up" is spent sitting on one of the cart rack things listening to music. Yeah, I'm rebellious huh? :badbone:
Sadly my work has no internet access computers, they just have access to Lowe's own network. :sad:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
This reminds me of a fun story!

A few years ago, I spent the summer as a receptionist at my dad's work. I was parked in front of a computer for about 8 hours a day, so fiddling around on the internet was difficult to resist. :farnese: I felt really guilty about goofing off on the job, so I always cleared my history afterward; but one day, I discovered that a boy who worked the receptionist desk on my days off was spending his time working... uh. Something else. On Literotica, no less! I didn't feel quite so bad after that. :griffnotevil:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
...that my co-worker has a video of him screwing one of our sales reps. Can't wait for this guys review... And no I'm not joking.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
In our mostly unsupervised office, two coworkers and I spend a couple hours each day LANing Borderlands :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saephon said:
In our mostly unsupervised office, two coworkers and I spend a couple hours each day LANing Borderlands :guts:
Nice :ganishka:

That reminds me, at my old newspaper, when we were finished for the night, 4 of us would play Mario Kart on DS. Two of the guys didn't even have a DS before they saw me and a coworker playing, so they were convinced and bought one each.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
In the spirit of this thread...
The Shadow of the Colossus OST really makes bringing lines of carts up to their area feel like an epic battle. :ganishka:
I'd even argue that it helps me up my productivity. :troll:

Since I got an iPod Touch last October I've watched over twenty days on film, tv shows and anime at work :ganishka:

I've cleared my entire back log of old anime (I would have probably never had the time to watch monster otherwise) and am now finding it difficult to find new things to watch :sad:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Darklink286 said:
In the spirit of this thread...
The Shadow of the Colossus OST really makes bringing lines of carts up to their area feel like an epic battle. :ganishka:
I'd even argue that it helps me up my productivity. :troll:

Haha, I don't know how I missed this shit. I can totally relate. In my stop an shop days I would think the same thing. It was actually a pretty cool job. Your outside, fresh air, excercise and you get to listen to w/e you want and just daydream. Not so bad.

Top Bottom