Should my Band Record Berserk Songs?

Hey I'm in a band and we just got done our first session using high-quality equipment. The only song we have up right now is a cover of Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots. I'm still working on the mixes so leave any feedback on what could be improved (in the first track as the rest are of crappy home recording quality). We should have the originals up by the end of this month.

Have a listen to the first track on the page, and using that as a reference, let us know if you would like to hear us cover "Tell Me Why" by the Penpals? http://www.myspace.com/13lakes

So feel free to leave feedback on the first track, and whether or not you would like us to record some Berserk.

http://www.myspace.com/13lakes

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to hear Tell Me Why played by a guitarist whose hand isn't broken actually, so why not. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Beings_Mythos said:
Seriously? Is there a story behind that one?
Sure, I can tell you the whole story.

Once upon a time, there was a little boy whose dream it was to be a rock star. He wanted to play the guitar soooo badly that he practiced and played every waking hour of every day, and looooong into the night. He played and shredded so hard that he flunked out of elementary school. When he got older, he flunked out of middle school. And in high school, he was expelled for shredding in class.

The only problem was, he sounded like shit.

After years of therapy and psychoanalytic observations, the boy's parents were told that their would-be guitarist son suffered from a crippling rare syndrome called Psychoshredding Carpal Dysplasia, commonly known as "sucking ass at playing the guitar." The boy was dumbstruck when he found out about his condition, but he never stopped shredding. And one day, he got his big break.

There was a band recording a new album in Japan. The boy had wandered in the studio, looking for a new guitar pick because he'd shredded the last one down until it gave him fiberglass splinters. Bloody, but determined, the boy found a pick and began shredding, right next to the door where the band was recording their new hit single. Unfortunately for the band, the lead guitarist had dropped his microphone just outside the entrance to the studio, and the recording engineer only picked up the sound of the guitar played by the boy who was just fucking awful, my god.

The band was unaware of this at the time, and continued recording throughout the day. The engineer thought the hellish noise emitting from the lead guitarist's audio feed was some kind of hip fad he was simply ignorant of, and went on his merry way.

By the time the single was pressed on millions of CDs, the damage had been done. The band was flabbergasted, but couldn't explain what had happened, and so resigned themselves to their fate. But what had happened to their REAL lead guitar track on their big single? And why, god WHY was this horrible, inverse orgasm-inducing music already licensed to become the intro for a new anime being produced? The world may never know...

The end.

turkitage

ターク
Walter said:
a crippling rare syndrome called Psychoshredding Carpal Dysplasia, commonly known as "sucking ass at playing the guitar."

haha!! awesome syndrome.... or tragic.

Me grimlock loves stories!!!

I demand a weekly story time.

I just want you to know that " Psychoshredding Carpal Dysplasia" is going to find it's way into some of my conversations from now on.

"Yes, I do suffer from PCD. How could you tell?"
-C.C. Deville

One thing that i've pondered once in a while is a music project with an album for each arc of Berserk. Maybe with a compilation of musicians like Ayreon does. I'm pretty sure one of the guys from Arch Enemy was wearing a Femto shirt on one of the photos in the album sleeve for Doomsday Machine. Maybe he would want in . . .

Top Bottom