Skull Knight theory...

Namrok

I'm a man who's sick, but I've got class
This may have already come up...but what if Skull Knight is an apostle who was reborn into the flesh, took his own kingdom, and then got shafted by the remaining apostles after he had it? Perhaps the path Griffith is on currently. I do seem to remember something about an apostle being reborn into flesh every 1000 years, though I can't remember the source.

Or...I may be completely off. Your call.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Namrok said:
This may have already come up...but what if Skull Knight is an apostle who was reborn into the flesh, took his own kingdom, and then got shafted by the remaining apostles after he had it? Perhaps the path Griffith is on currently. I do seem to remember something about an apostle being reborn into flesh every 1000 years, though I can't remember the source.

Or...I may be completely off. Your call.
Not an apostle. A being of heavenly spheres (a God Hand, namely) can be incarnated into flesh once every 1000 years. As told by Skull Knight in volume 18.

Namrok said:
what if Skull Knight is an apostle who was reborn into the flesh

I wonder if _flesh_ is the right word... ^^;;

Namrok said:
Perhaps the path Griffith is on currently.

I think a parallel with Guts would be more appropriate (see "fellow sufferer" from ep. 203)

Namrok

I'm a man who's sick, but I've got class
Ok...revision of terms, because I was lazy in that first post.

Skull Knight became a member of the gods hand, was reborn into the flesh, took his own kingdom, then proceeded to get the shaft from the other members of the gods hand when he finally got it.

Something else that came to mind. Zodd was there for it all when it happened to Skull Knight. He may have even been in Gatsu's shoes at the time. That is how he was able to give Gatsu the prophecy about his "inescapable death" when Griffith's ambitions collapse. I mean...sure, just the presense of the Behellit could have been the cause, but perhaps there was some personal experience in there too.

Once again...because it's been a while...I don't remember my sources, but Idea...isn't its objective or goal or purpose or whatever to perpetuate violence? It seems to me that allowing Griffith to obtain his own unified country would kind of defeat this goal once its over and done with. I mean, yeah, plenty of violence in the process, but nothing once its over. WHAT IF Skull Knight did the same thing 1000 years prior, all was said and done, there was a lack of violence, so the remaining Gods Hand had to interfere and stir things up a little...or a lot.

Ok...feel free to pick this apart now.

Namrok said:
Skull Knight became a member of the gods hand, was reborn into the flesh, took his own kingdom, then proceeded to get the shaft from the other members of the gods hand when he finally got it.

That's only speculation, but yeah, let's try it.
(just my two cents, but as the story unfolds and new elements are given, I'm getting less and less convinced about the Skull Knight being a former God Hands...)

Namrok said:
Once again...because it's been a while...I don't remember my sources, but Idea...isn't its objective or goal or purpose or whatever to perpetuate violence?

The Idea came into existence because people needed reasons for pain, sadness, life and death.

Namrok said:
It seems to me that allowing Griffith to obtain his own unified country would kind of defeat this goal once its over and done with. I mean, yeah, plenty of violence in the process, but nothing once its over.

"Do as you will, Chosen One" (see episode 83 ^^)
Whatever Griffith may do, it should already have been planned by the Idea. I don't think that Griffith obtaining his own country is going against the will of the Idea. People would still need reasons.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a half-baked theory too. :p

SK received a red beherit when he was a kid, like Griffith. He conquered a huge empire by force and then became a tyrant just like Balzac in the DC game, because of fatigue. After a betrayal or something like that he was in despair and the God hand appeared, offering him to join them. Then he declined because of his iron will, his disgust with power and a ruler's responsabilities or maybe the fact he cared too much for what they asked him to sacrifice. So the God Hand put an end to his rule, destroyed his capital and he swore to get back at them.

As for Zodd, he could have been the leader of a tribe whose lands Gaiseric conquered, a noble fighter and whatnot, who sacrificed his honor to get a chance to beat his enemy. That's why he's a part of every war, training endlessly.

I really doubt Skullknight is/was a God hand. The brand on Guts doesn't react at all, as seen in vol 18. And if Skullknight was a God hand, the brand on Guts should react the same way it reacted to reborn Griffith, as shown in vol 22.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Miura himself say that Void was the first God Hand?

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
"Void is first god had" in japanese could mean "Void is the leader of godhand".
But that's straight out of my ass...

But I do like this theory becuase if true it means:
Zodd -> Skull Knight.
as Guts-> Griffith.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
What the godhand really is, according to Flora (see translation of chap.202) is a mystery apart the fact that they once were humans (and this don't tell us much):
Skully on the other hand is much less of mystery for Flora, but she don't tell. Anyway when he was saving Rickert from the sanil count and Roshinu, you see in a panell, that for a istant in their eyes a flash of recognition and they seem about to attack him, but they afterwards reconsider.
Roshinu even before departing send him this smiley :p . ;D
So apparently he is well known to every member of the evil kindom, he is feared, but they think that they could take him down ( so they don't consider him a god) . To me he was never a godhand- a sorcerer perharps or a emissary of some other power in the spiritual world: from what we have seen recently is safe to think that there are other powers in the spiritual world beside the godhand.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Then there is the issue of thorns on the his sword hilt. I didn't understand it before but now I believe I do. Guts like , everyone knows is expert swordman so he did take , istinctively the sword in his hand correctly, like it was to be done...and he emmbedded the thorn in his hand. The same thing that Skully also does when himself take the sword in hand. This could mean the he is punishing himself for something.He feels guilty for something he has done , and it was something terrible to torture himself so.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SK's hands look like steel gauntlets, so I wonder if those thorns can really hurt him...

In any case, the pairing of roses and bones remains very enigmatic & interesting to me to this day.

Top Bottom