ART OF WAR: "Repaint Contest"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
AOW said:
Dear Customers,

This time, we are holding a repaint contest, an event joined with our sales campaign.

If you are enjoying repainting ART OF WAR products, please send us your creative works by pictures. We would like to see any free contents, such as a simple and handwritten design, or an advanced garage kit that you assembled and colored by yourself.

Besides, we welcome all contents regardless of product size; even a small product (like Beherit) can be your source. Through how customers enjoy AOW products, we can gain some useful ideas for developing future products. We will also be glad if you start to repaint our products because of this project. We prepare presents for every participant. Please join this event!

1. Participation Prize (every participant)

Every participant, who sends us your creative work by pictures, can get 1,000 yen off when you purchase ART OF WAR items on the site. (You can also use this prize for next sales campaign.)

2. Special Prize (10 winners)

10 lucky winners, whose repaint ideas are great, will get a color figure (the resident of Qliphoth) as a special present.

3. Grand Prize (1 winner)

For the best repaint work, we will select one winner, and the grand prize will be BERSERK-commemoration statue of the 20th anniversary.

Attention:

(1) AOW may send repaint pictures by mail or announce repaint pictures on the official website anonymously. Moreover, any repaint ideas may be applied for developing future products.

(2) Please attach files no bigger than 500KB.

(3) Prize will be sent with next order together if possible.

Application Period: from 7th April until 21st April 18:00pm (Japanese time)

How to Apply: Please send your repaint works by attached pictures to assist@art-of-war.co.jp. And please write down your name and contact information when you send repaint pictures to us. (If there is no contact information, it is possible that we cannot send you the present.)

We will announce the Special Prize and the Grand Prize in the end of April.

Please feel free to access http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/index.php for more details.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR

Make me proud guys, I want at least 5 winners to be from here, including the winner of the grand prize. :SK:

Can Derek and I send in stuff that our painters did for us. :p

Pretty nice prizes $10 for just entering and the grand prize is a $1000 statue.

Last day to submit, folks. I just submitted pics of my SK on horse repaint. For those that haven't seen it before:

frontclose.jpg

More pics at: http://www.berserkstatues.com/kits/other/completed/skhorseaowrepaint.html

I'm still bummed out I couldn't send in my current project. Looks like it'll be on hold until May!

Sent in my standing SK.

http://dragonstoothminiatures.net/?p=814

The green in the cape isn't quiet as prevalent as in the pics. Flash brought it out to much.

With all the paint layering Rick did I feel like I have a good chance.

Maiku said:
Won the repaint Qliphoth. Pretty cool.

Ditto. I'm curious to see the other paint ups. And I'm curious to see who nabbed 1st! AOW said they will send us pictures of all the winners later in the week...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Ditto. I'm curious to see the other paint ups. And I'm curious to see who nabbed 1st! AOW said they will send us pictures of all the winners later in the week...

Damn, with you guys only snatching 2nd place, we have to consider the dreadful possibility that the winner might not hail from here. :judo:

Aazealh said:
Damn, with you guys only snatching 2nd place, we have to consider the dreadful possibility that the winner might not hail from here. :judo:

Sorry Aaz, we tried! :farnese: I'm guessing the winner could be this guy: http://berserk.xxxxxxxx.jp/

.... or Skink, the guy who did these:

Although you know, I'm not sure what AOW was looking for. Cuz no doubt Skink's work is phenomenal, but they are essentially the same color schemes as AOW's original. I wonder if they were looking for something COMPLETELY different...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Sorry Aaz, we tried! :farnese:

Bah, it doesn't matter, we know who the best are regardless of what they say! :puck:

DirectDK said:
I'm guessing the winner could be this guy: http://berserk.xxxxxxxx.jp/

.... or Skink, the guy who did these

Yeah, those two would be my guess as well.

Aazealh said:
Bah, it doesn't matter, we know who the best are regardless of what they say! :puck:

Hehe, well even though I didn't win, I just got this DONE!

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=4256.msg185912#msg185912

This is the one I wanted to send to AOW but it wasn't finished in time. Although, it probably wouldn't have won either, since it's more like a mod job, than a repaint.

Interesting.

I just got an email from AOW with the pics of the other winners. However, there were only 3 winners. Me, Maiku, and a 3rd person (who coincidently also repainted SK... the SK on Horse that I did as well).

First of all, ART OF WAR appreciated that there were a lot of participants who attended our Repaint Contest, which was held during 7th April to 21st April 2010. We received many great and creative repaint pictures from not only Japanese participants, but also overseas loyal customers.

<Special Prize / 3 winners>

After careful discussions, we selected 3 great participants who will receive a color figure (the resident of Qliphoth) as the Special Prize.

In addition, every participant, who sent us repaint pictures, will get 1,000 Yen off when purchasing ART OF WAR items on the site next time.

All staff of ART OF WAR enjoyed these repaint projects very much. These great ideas will be our valuable resources when we develop future products

<Next Repaint Contest : October, 2010>

ART OF WAR will hold the Repaint Contest twice a year in the future. If you enjoy repainting AOW statues, please take pictures for your creative works. We would like to see any free contents, such as a simple and handwritten design. Next time, we will also prepare presents for every participant. Please join this interesting event; we are looking forward to see your repaint project on October!!

If you have any other concerns, or you want to share you ideas with us after you see these repaint works, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Yours sincerely,

ART OF WAR

So ummm... they originally said 10 special prize winners, but only ended up being 3. Does that mean most of them were bad, or not that many people submitted? And what about the Grand Prize winner? We don't get to see the paint up that earned the 20th anniversary statue? Or maybe they chose not to give one?

I mean, I'm not ungrateful of them, by any means, but it's just made me very curious. Why would they show me the picture of one of the other Special Prize winner, but not the Grand Prize winner? Was it because the 3 of us did SK repaints so they grouped us together??

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
So ummm... they originally said 10 special prize winners, but only ended up being 3. Does that mean most of them were bad, or not that many people submitted? And what about the Grand Prize winner? We don't get to see the paint up that earned the 20th anniversary statue? Or maybe they chose not to give one?

I mean, I'm not ungrateful of them, by any means, but it's just made me very curious. Why would they show me the picture of one of the other Special Prize winner, but not the Grand Prize winner? Was it because the 3 of us did SK repaints so they grouped us together??

Yeah, it's weird. Sounds to me like they went back on their word and decided to cancel the Grand Prize. I don't see why they wouldn't announce it otherwise. And that also makes me wonder how many people actually submitted something...

Top Bottom