What'd you do over the weekend?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I went to visit MY GIRLFRIEND and ended up running around doing various things, even "DJing" (playing the music), at a scholarship dance event she put on at UCLA with real dancers. That same night got my drink on and played and won two games of tournament style Texas Hold'em Poker with some friends, one game in dramatic fashion by getting called all in with pocket aces (seriously =). Beat Mega Man 10 the next day, went back to see the girl Saturday night, did nothing but stay in Sunday, complete with pizza, beer, and a movie later; a winning weekend to that point, until I got some very sad news about a friend. This morning I got home just in time to get my car in for repairs so I can do it again.

How about you all?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
グリフィス said:
I went to visit MY GIRLFRIEND and ended up running around doing various things, even "DJing" (playing the music), at a scholarship dance event she put on at UCLA with real dancers.
Whoa, DEEJAY! That's serious dude. What'd you spin for that crew?

Me and MY WIFE went to a dinner party where we brought a portion of the ingredients, and other friends brought the rest, for what became a Mexican smorgasbord. Then we got drunk on wonderful margaritas and played a horrible board game (Catch Phrase) that ended up being hilarious and embarrassing for all involved.

That was Saturday afternoon and night. On Sunday I went for a run (I run every weekend) and spent the rest of the time playing Infinite Space on DS between doing chores and shopping with MY WIFE.

Saturday:

Spent the weekend with my g/f in the city. Saw my good friend's older sister, got sushi, went to a place called Rice to Riches. We then scored free tickets to see a little play called 666. Which was FUCKING INSANELY FUNNY. Best of all, it was free. After the play we drank more and took the LIRR back to Queens.

Here's a very tame bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSyHhkwDzow
And a not so tame bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvKsi88PdA&feature=related
The play consisted of alot Demon Penis toward the end. Hilarious shit though. :troll:

Sunday:

Got Iced Coffee in the mornin' then watched Donnie Darko. (It's been a while since I last saw it and noticed that fuckin' Seth Rogen was in it.) Then ate Rice Cake and went home to do some school work.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Saturday- woke up around 3pm since I work nights and get home until 8am. Then I watched some golf at Augusta, which continue with some soccer at my friend's place and some God of war III. Went to work at 11:30pm

Sunday- watch more golf,got my psp slim star wars edition, which I bought when I sold my other one. Went running. Watch Dante's Inferno movie which I borrowed from a friend. Read Vagabond 293, and finally went to bed.

-Went on a date. :carcus:
-Cleaned house.
-Played Pool
-Watched a 2 hour heated verbal fight between friends, without saying a word.
-Spent too much money...AGAIN! :puck:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Went to MY GIRLFRIEND's place for a birthday party for her sister. I arranged for a hookah and I was totally rad. Saturday, I took her out to dinner and we went back to my place and we watcher her favorite movie since it's been 4 months of dating. Ect. Sunday Dropped her off and worked on my presentation for this week.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I arranged for a hookah and I was totally rad.
For a second I thought you were saying something else with a funny accent... :puck:
Well... I worked, I watched anime, browsed the internet, played some games, and slept. Oh the fulfilling life of a shut-in~ :troll:

X

Xem

Oburi said:
I.. shit... I can't remember...

Oburi wins!

Mine wasn't special. I fended off the booze monster better than usual, continued my fairly strict diet and exercise routine, and watched The Blind Side. I think I've accidentally been doing what I've heard people call "growing up" recently. We'll see though, I expect to snap out of it soon.

I killed Prince Charming. Prince Charming is DEAD. I crushed his bones, broke his castle, and ate his horse. Dragon wins. FOREVER.

turkitage

ターク
Walter said:
Me and MY WIFE went to a dinner party where we brought a portion of the ingredients, and other friends brought the rest, for what became a Mexican smorgasbord. Then we got drunk on wonderful margaritas and played a horrible board game (Catch Phrase) that ended up being hilarious and embarrassing for all involved.

That sounds like corny but fun, always nice to hang out with a group of friends and do things like that.

Death May Die said:
-Went on a date. :carcus:

Ooooo how did that go??? First date?? how'd ya meet her?? sorry.. i'm just curious and figured I can enjoy someone else going on a date instead of myself :judo:

Oburi said:
I.. shit... I can't remember...

hah, I thought you learned your lesson from your birthday party????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.. as for me I went to lunch with my EX-GIRLFRIEND (are we doing this because of that one guy i saw on vagabond forums always posting comments talking about "my girlfriend and me.."? which i laughed so freakin hard when one of you guys compiled a list of a lot/all of the times the said person stated that in a huge block of text... funny stuff) which I hadn't scene her in 5 years, and it wasn't even weird or awkward! phew!! I was praying for that.... now... she's already wanting to teach me how to cook and watch anime.. but i can't tell if it's as a friend or not.... which is making this all so harder.. if i should even go that route. Oh well, time will tell, eh?

also... don't call me weird...well whatever... but when people say "i hung out with friends" or "i like hanging out with friends" for like a weekend thing or whatever... what does that really mean? I know people do miscellaneous things, but what could friends offer that's enjoyable to do over and over? I guess it's based on age, if your teen/college kids you just try to get laid/drink/party/video games etc? What if all that is boring? then.. what do you do?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
also... don't call me weird...well whatever... but when people say "i hung out with friends" or "i like hanging out with friends" for like a weekend thing or whatever... what does that really mean? I know people do miscellaneous things, but what could friends offer that's enjoyable to do over and over? I guess it's based on age, if your teen/college kids you just try to get laid/drink/party/video games etc? What if all that is boring? then.. what do you do?

When me and my friends hang out we just stare at each other without speaking for hours on end. That's how we do it anyway, not sure about others.

P.S. My friends are the corpses of the small animals I torture to death while looking at SK.net activity logs.

Turkitage said:

Most of the time with my friends we'll play games, watch tv (I used to have people over weekly for 24), go out and do something (Go hiking, movie, concert, etc.), or often we just sit and chew the fat for hours on end. That's probably what I do more often than not. It can be great wasting hours spewing off about 'the good old days' or philosophy, politics etc.

Other people go out to bars, I know some people who get together and jam with musical instruments, some people love to go shopping together, some people knit etc.

Life is usually better when you're not alone, but hey, some people are loners. I've got no problem with that as long as they don't end up doing crazy antisocial things such as mowing down a group of people in the mall because they're lonely and blame the world etc. :sad:

Ooooo how did that go??? First date?? how'd ya meet her?? sorry.. i'm just curious and figured I can enjoy someone else going on a date instead of myself judo

Yes, first date went very nice. I met her through the internet interesting enough. But its such a small world, shes a friend of several of my local friends. So, we're blending very smoothly. But shes a vegetarian, and so I have to do a little more consideration where we eat. I tried Tofu for the first time...its was...meh.

deamonsonfire said:
The OP in this thread is fucking hilarious :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

Yes, Yes. But I treat her better than the rest. :carcus:

I spent a lot of time in front of MY COMPUTER, if you know what I mean.......... :sad:

Work, chill, sleep, work some more. Class. A little gaming, a little art.

Good enough for me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
infinite-space-box-artwork.jpg

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
On Saturday, I watched the first season of Battlestar Galactica.

On Sunday, my office flooded due to this stupid storm. Spent the entire morning pulling things out from about 3 inches of water. Lost some of my paintings, drawings and a few volumes of Berserk that I had read from the night before.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Johnstantine said:
On Sunday, my office flooded due to this stupid storm. Spent the entire morning pulling things out from about 3 inches of water. Lost some of my paintings, drawings and a few volumes of Berserk that I had read from the night before.
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've ended up with a few drawings ruined by the elements over the years, it's miserable. That's when I got into the habit of putting everything in a folder or a binder and keeping it in a corner somewhere.

Anyway, as for my weekend, I was sick. :judo: However, I still managed to pull myself off the couch for an afternoon and went to see How to Train Your Dragon with the Gobmeister. Between us, we downed a veggie pizza and listened to a good portion of Hirasawa's Aurora album. Not too bad, if I say so myself! :guts:

I did try to bring my blowup doll with Slan69's face taped onto it with us for the outing, but it wouldn't fit into the back of Gobs's car. :sad:

Grail said:
I did try to bring my blowup doll with Slan69's face taped onto it with us for the outing, but it wouldn't fit into the back of Gobs's car. :sad:

Damn I really wanted to watch How to Train Your Dragon. Maybe you should have taped it on Gobs face. :iva:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Whoa, DEEJAY! That's serious dude. What'd you spin for that crew?
deamonsonfire said:
The OP in this thread is fucking hilarious :ubik: :ubik: :ubik:

To follow up on that hilarious weekend, the music was mostly cultural dance music, there was Thai (x3), Indian, Folklorico (x3), Salsa, and a modern lyrical dance. We hand an AV guy on hand, but his job was just to make sure the sound, lighting, and video was working, not to coordinate and play the music for the dances. The responsibility kind of fell to me because I seemed the most familiar with the equipment and what needed to be done, organizing the music etc, so that kept me busy for a few hours anyway (I ended up having to switch between some decade old mac laptop and an ipod for the jams, neither of which I'm familiar with how to use). So yeah, not really DJing haha, but I was just supposed to be a guest when I arrived. At the end there was a free dance for the hall and as others took over playlist duties everything was played from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Leftover Crack. :ganishka:

And to follow up on poker later that night, here's the recipe for an unstoppable card juggernaut: started out with a 24 oz MAMBA JOOSE (9.9% alcohol w00t), moved up to some Blue Moons with orange slices, Heineken (still moving up), and a Bud Lime I could barely finish before some water and and sleep time). A mixed bag to be sure, but the price was right. Oh, and how could I forget to mention this, walking to poker, I found a loose Barry Manilow vinyl in the street, so when I stopped at the liquor store to grab that JOOSE for a quick buzz injection, I hold up the record and quip to the proprietor, "I can't believe someone threw Barry Manilow in the street!" After a beat of him looking quizzical, he laughs, either cause he got it, or because he was humoring me. =)

As for this weekend, a sportier affair, played some hoops and had a big family dinner yesterday, and today had some batting practice; nothing like letting 'em fly at the park. Also enjoyed me some playoff basketball.

Top Bottom