What'd you do over the weekend?

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
As many of you know, my wife and I are both extremely fertile. Well, on Thursday, January 15th at 3:48 pm, my wife gave birth to our third child in the past four years.

gkLpzTH.jpg

Her name is Lola Beatrice. She's awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
As many of you know, my wife and I are both extremely fertile. Well, on Thursday, January 15th at 3:48 pm, my wife gave birth to our third child in the past four years.

Damn man, must be tough on your wife physically! Congrats and welcome to Lola!

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
Damn man, must be tough on your wife physically! Congrats and welcome to Lola!

Oh, it was. This was her hardest pregnancy by far. But she always handles it like a champ, even when I'm getting chewed out for no reason!

Also, thanks everyone!

Congrats John, to you and the family! She looks adorable.

And thanks A LOT everyone on the page before for thinking of me and my family, missed seeing them yesterday (sorry). Got back on SK yesterday, so I have some catching up (reading and listening) to do. I took an additional week off to spend some more time home and flew back this past Sunday. We're getting over the shock slowly and I guess diving into work and our regular lives/ schedules helps in a way. A month whizzed by so quick, it still feels like New Years just happened, I was unwell and watched 2001 A Space Odyssey to bring in the new year. I have some unresolved things I need to figure out from a 'closure' point of view. And I'm going to have to make some hard choices in the next few months to do something with my life. There's immense pressure financially and emotionally in addition to the part of settling down which's something expected of me to take care of soon as well. Also have to sort of choose whether I want to spend the rest of my life away from my mother and brother or move back, none of which is a straight answer but in my mind, I know what needs to be done. There's a practical choice and a selfish one (maybe that's not the right word for it). So, lets see how the next few months hold up!

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
And thanks A LOT everyone on the page before for thinking of me and my family, missed seeing them yesterday (sorry). Got back on SK yesterday, so I have some catching up (reading and listening) to do. I took an additional week off to spend some more time home and flew back this past Sunday. We're getting over the shock slowly and I guess diving into work and our regular lives/ schedules helps in a way. A month whizzed by so quick, it still feels like New Years just happened, I was unwell and watched 2001 A Space Odyssey to bring in the new year. I have some unresolved things I need to figure out from a 'closure' point of view. And I'm going to have to make some hard choices in the next few months to do something with my life. There's immense pressure financially and emotionally in addition to the part of settling down which's something expected of me to take care of soon as well. Also have to sort of choose whether I want to spend the rest of my life away from my mother and brother or move back, none of which is a straight answer but in my mind, I know what needs to be done. There's a practical choice and a selfish one (maybe that's not the right word for it). So, lets see how the next few months hold up!

We're here for you dude!

I've been following it for a bit. I doubt we will see much. I'm thinking that they are going to dance around for a few rounds, throw a few punches and May is going to win by Decision.

I was going to watch this at a mutual friends house, but not sure I'm gonna make it later. It seems the majority share the opinion (myself included) that money will win, but we hope he doesn't. Prob skip it and hope I'm wrong in the morning. Past their prime status a few years makes this feel like Chuck vs. Silva.

Will definitely watch it. I hope for a Pacquiao win, although like the others said i kinda fear that Mayweather will win this one by decision.

My Spurs get knocked out of the playoffs, and Mayweather proves once again that when it comes to fighting he's the physical embodiment of boredom. What a night.

Skeleton said:
My Spurs get knocked out of the playoffs, and Mayweather proves once again that when it comes to fighting he's the physical embodiment of boredom. What a night.

yea its a really sad night, both of my favs lost! :judo: I thought Pacman was hilarious at the end when he said he should have won the fight and that Mayweather kept on backing away. Mayweather is a brilliant boxer but he's still a douche who needs to complete highschool.

Feel for you Skeleton, that was a close game. The first fight was a lot more entertaining than the MayPac fight. What a disappointment but kinda expected from the way Mayweather fights. He's never been exciting to watch like Tyson.

IncantatioN said:
Feel for you Skeleton, that was a close game. The first fight was a lot more entertaining than the MayPac fight. What a disappointment but kinda expected from the way Mayweather fights. He's never been exciting to watch like Tyson.
Mayweather may be an asshole, but he must be one of the most talented people to ever walk in the ring.
Tyson is my favorite fighter. I liked him way more when he was working with Kevin Rooney together. He said in an interview that getting older had a serious effect on his style, he couldn't keep up with the speed + head movement he once had (not that all the parties really helped =) )

Can we start a Boxing thread? I didn't know that you guys enjoyed it.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Convention season is upon us. And you know what that means! Dar Klink, Gobs and I had our 4th (mostly) annual Skullknighters West Coast Convention™ !

This time was pretty special, because we had a chance to sit in on the Dark Horse manga panel, hosted by Dark Horse editor Carl Horn. During the panel, Carl went over the history of Dark Horse and the various successful/influential series that the company has published, as well as their upcoming releases for the next few years. I learned some cool stuff, since I'm not much of a comic buff. Here are some interesting tidbits which concerned Berserk:

• Like in a previous panel that's already been talked about, Carl announced Gigantomakhia's English release (as expected, he pronounced it "Giganto Maxia." Dammit, Carl, get it together, you can do this! :azan: )
  • While Berserk was brushed over pretty quickly in the initial presentation, a quick follow-up question to the Gigantomakhia announcement (yelled out by a guy in the corner) was, "So is it pretty much a sure thing that Miura isn't going to be working on Berserk anymore? :sad: "
  • Carl assured casual Berserk fans everywhere that the future of the series was not likely in danger, and that the release schedule was entirely dependent on Miura. Of course, that is if he's not too busy playing IDOLM@STER, HAW HAW HAWWW!!! I kid you not, he actually said this. It was at this point that Poor Link noticeably flinched, and Gobs nearly choked on his gum. Carl, what the hell? :judo: I believed in you, man!
  • Afterwards we followed Carl outside of the panel for the raffle. Link won some Katsuya Terada stationary. Score!
  • We used this opportunity to creepily crowd around Carl for Berserk-question grilling time. Gobs asked Carl if Dark Horse had any plans to release Berserk artbooks. Carl said that there are no plans, but that it would be a great opportunity to show off the great art from the series. That's more like it, Carl!
  • I think I had also asked about whether there were any plans to release Berserk in a deluxe format. He gave the expected answer ("no plans that I know of, but we're always working hard to give the fans what they want!"), but mentioned that he doesn't work on the series directly, and that Chris Warner is the guy who would know more.
  • I said "I know, he used to post on our forum. :void: "
  • Awkward pause. Maybe I'm too intimidating? Must've been my Skullknight.net shirt... Thanks Branded!
  • We went on to chat a little about the Berserk fan community. Carl said that Berserk fans appear to be a pretty mellow bunch. He also said that Berserk is even more intense than Game of Thrones.

I think it was shortly after that that we left him to talk to some other guys. While I know I seem like I'm busting his chops, Carl seemed like a genuine guy who wanted to connect with the fans. I understand that he's probably not the expert on what we were hoping to learn more about, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt...

Anyway, after that we all went crazy shopping, and snagged some sweet merch before my feet gave out and we had to go home. Great trip guys!

Skullknighter4thanniversary_zps3alqf0zq.png

(PS: the sunglasses were Link's, but they looked so cool on him that I decided to do some post-production and share the love. :slan: )

That's pretty darn cool, Grail! Your description of events had me cracking up! Especially when you were "creepily crowding" around Carl. :ganishka:

Grail said:
  • We went on to chat a little about the Berserk fan community. Carl said that Berserk fans appear to be a pretty mellow bunch.

• Hmm, well he's probably met a good many Berserk fans in his position, so he ought to know. That's interesting. :serpico:

That's awesome Grail and funny account of how it all went down. Good to see you guys hanging together! I miss those days we'd bump into one another in chat.

Grail said:
  • Carl assured casual Berserk fans everywhere that the future of the series was not likely in danger, and that the release schedule was entirely dependent on Miura. Of course, that is if he's not too busy playing IDOLM@STER, HAW HAW HAWWW!!! I kid you not, he actually said this. It was at this point that Poor Link noticeably flinched, and Gobs nearly choked on his gum. Carl, what the hell? :judo: I believed in you, man!

Ugh, what'll it take for people to stop saying shit like that?! :rickert:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
Convention season is upon us. And you know what that means! Dar Klink, Gobs and I had our 4th (mostly) annual Skullknighters West Coast Convention™ !

Nice to see you guys had a good time! You should have set Horn straight about Miura though. :azan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, Grail! Glad you guys were able to meet up again. I didn't know you had a SKnet T-shirt. We really should make something like that...

Grail said:
  • Carl assured casual Berserk fans everywhere that the future of the series was not likely in danger, and that the release schedule was entirely dependent on Miura. Of course, that is if he's not too busy playing IDOLM@STER, HAW HAW HAWWW!!!

Pandering to idiots with ignorant shit about the author of the work you publish? Utterly reprehensible.

• Afterwards we followed Carl outside of the panel for the raffle.

Alright! Now we're talking! Time for some righteous retribution! :rickert:

I think it was shortly after that that we left him to talk to some other guys. While I know I seem like I'm busting his chops, Carl seemed like a genuine guy who wanted to connect with the fans. I understand that he's probably not the expert on what we were hoping to learn more about, so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt...

:sad:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
JMP said:
That's pretty darn cool, Grail! Your description of events had me cracking up! Especially when you were "creepily crowding" around Carl. :ganishka:
Thank you. I take pride in the fact that I wasn't really exaggerating. :badbone:

IncantatioN said:
That's awesome Grail and funny account of how it all went down. Good to see you guys hanging together! I miss those days we'd bump into one another in chat.
Same! It's too bad that it would be so difficult for other folks from the forum to meet up at a convention like this, the three of us have a lot of fun each year.

Walter said:
Nice, Grail! Glad you guys were able to meet up again. I didn't know you had a SKnet T-shirt. We really should make something like that...
Yeah, Branded designed and printed mine, I wear it a lot! You can bet I would definitely put down some cash for an official model as well. :guts:

As for the "righteous retribution" thing, well, what can I say. I personally didn't attend to the panel with the intention of berating a near-middle-aged Dark Horse representative in front of a bunch of people, and I don't think it would have done a whole lot of good, anyway. He was (from what I saw) a nice guy who made a terribly unprofessional joke about a manga he knows next to nothing about. But yeah, you're probably right, we should have given him some shit. I think that we just wanted to avoid some unnecessary drama in the moment, which I do kinda regret. As consolation, if I see Carl again next year, I'll give him a good, hard purple nurple. :iva: See you all in the San Jose Chronicle!

Top Bottom