Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
NICE! Well... as long as there's no corny quotes, we good. GO DANCE WITH THE ANGELS MISTER!

Haha, well I can't say the trailer isn't corny in its own way, with the classic Russian villain and his shark-themed plane. "MARKOV!" :ganishka:

Still, should be better than the golden king and whatnot. Anyway, what interests me is more the technical aspect of things, like terrain damage (missile hitting the building) and so on. I also hope we'll get new planes and armaments.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
Haha, well I can't say the trailer isn't corny in its own way, with the classic Russian villain and his shark-themed plane. "MARKOV!" :ganishka:

Still, should be better than the golden king and whatnot. Anyway, what interests me is more the technical aspect of things, like terrain damage (missile hitting the building) and so on. I also hope we'll get new planes and armaments.

Aaahhh yes, the Markov :schnoz:. The game mechanics looks interesting, but I at least expect to deal the "nemesis squadron" that most Ace Combat have. That's where HAWX didn't add and somehow, the gameplay just wasn't interesting IMO.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
Aaahhh yes, the Markov :schnoz:.

Akúla! :chomp:

Nomad said:
The game mechanics looks interesting, but I at least expect to deal the "nemesis squadron" that most Ace Combat have. That's where HAWX didn't add and somehow, the gameplay just wasn't interesting IMO.

Well clearly colonel Markov is supposed to be your rival, with the way the pilot says it and the fact you get shot down (early on I presume). As for HAWX, I only played the demo as you know, but yeah the gameplay didn't click for me. I hope this new Ace Combat will retain the better aspects of the simulation genre while adding fun and adrenaline to the game.

I'm also not especially happy to have the game take place in the real world as opposed to a fictional one; it limits possibilities for story development a lot. I hope they'll do something decent with it.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
I'm also not especially happy to have the game take place in the real world as opposed to a fictional one; it limits possibilities for story development a lot. I hope they'll do something decent with it.

I assume you are referring at the super duper space age aircraft, AIRcraft carriers and satelites that shoot lasers and all that no? Or are you meaning more towards world politics?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
I assume you are referring at the super duper space age aircraft, AIRcraft carriers and satelites that shoot lasers and all that no? Or are you meaning more towards world politics?

I meant the world politics. The Sci-Fi stuff didn't bother me though, made for some interesting missions. If it's gone they'll have to be pretty imaginative to compensate for it.

Top Bottom