The Skeleton Knight is the incarnated remains of Gasaeric's once human body

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Believe it or not I actually got this idea from the "Is guts immortal?" and "What if Guts cut his brand off..." threads...

Let's say Gasaeric is Skully (Stay with me here...). Now Let's get a little more daring and say Gasaeric was branded and escaped being sacrificed (This has been alluded to, and theorized to death...). That accepted (And those who don't can stop reading) it can be assumed that Gasaeric has been living in the Interstice (you know that crazy realm between the Mortal and Astral realms, that Guts and Caska like to hang out in) for about 1000 years now. The known affects of living in the Interstice are vaguely outlined already in other theories (so I won't go into it here) however, I propose that the inhabitants are endowed with a spiritual immortality and their bodies remain mortal. So basically Gasaeric's essence has continued to strive forward for the past 1000 years but during that time his flesh decomposed (or was torn off), leaving only a skeleton behind, which we now know as The Skeleton Knight. A fate which Guts and Caska will someday face should they survive, unable to break the branding.

It seems obvious if you think about it, but I could be off...
Let me know what ya think...

P.S. You can post as many pictures as you want, but I don't see hinges.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Your theory isnt that radical. It's my own right now, except for the remains part... Dude, there are very obvious hinges on his armor. The two most obvious are on his temples, and the belts on the spikes near his upper thighs. There are several other "hinges" that make it very apparent that he is a walking suit of armor.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
So it isn't that radical, but it's important to establish a solid foundation. :p

Anyways, Maybe those "hinges" you see are just bolts to hold his old skeleton together. And maybe his remains were enchanted, and that is the magical armor you see today....

Besides if it was just armor, what would be in the armor?
An elf pulling on little levers like a mech pilot from Robocross.
Oh exactly, that's why Puck feels an elf presence! ::)

Seriously though, I think it's Gasaeric's skeleton still, even if it has been modifed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Drachenfels said:
Huh? I thought he was an elf, like Guts and Griff? ???
elf.jpg

Im convinced.

Top Bottom