Tomb Raider

Since Square Enix bought Eidos I have been intrigued what they intended to do with the Tomb Raider series. I recently read a preview of the game and now I must say I have a lot of interest in it. Anyone else take notice?

It strikes me a looking border-line survival horror mood wise. Reminding me of parts from Resident Evil 4 & 5.

More so, they seemed to do away with the over-the-top sex appeal which Lara Croft is known for. I guess the biggest problem these guys face is making her and the game revelant again. They said they're doing away with the lock on combat system that the series is known for. I read being resourceful with what you can find is the big gameplay element. Your shipwrecked on a island of some cult-like tribe.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think this series has a lot to prove, in the wake of Uncharted 1-2 stepping up to fill the void left by Tomb Raider in recent years. And I don't have a lot of faith in Square-Enix right now so... We'll see!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking forward to it, and hoping it'll be good. To be honest the only game of the series I remember fondly is the original. The later titles either disappointed me or I didn't even play them, but I believe the series still has potential.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
This looks pretty cool. I like the art direction they're taking. Throw in some good puzzles and I'll bite.

REBOOT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktNgVmySQ5k

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Aazealh said:
I'm looking forward to it, and hoping it'll be good. To be honest the only game of the series I remember fondly is the original. The later titles either disappointed me or I didn't even play them, but I believe the series still has potential.

I remember playing the original non-stop on my Saturn on a summer i broke my arm crashing my bike into a car. What an amazing atmosphere that game had. Didn't care much for the sequels either.

Any one played the game? It has been getting a lot of praises and I am still deciding wether to buy it or not I want the opinion of someone played the classic games.

Top Bottom