Trying to remember the name of a manga.

So it's this manga about like an office worker who becomes a bum. He's living out of his car, and then he either gets a surgery or something happens but he starts seeing these weird alien/demon/parasitic organisms on people-- sort of similar to this manga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasyte

But in the one I'm trying to recall the things reflected the poeple's own psychological states kind of.

I remember there was this one story arc where there was this girl and she had this thing (it might have been an eyeball) near her heal because she was a cutter.

Prior to that the guy had a conversation with the girl that was the sort of basic philosophical thing about "who am I?"

He asks, "who are you?"

She gives her name and then he's like, "that's just the name your parents gave you etc ..."

This eventually leads to her saying she's nobody.

What else? Umm ... I also remember the guy masturbates into his hand when he's at work and he eats his semen. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Damn that sounds like a crazy manga. At first I was thinking Spiral, as it has really weird demon/parasites in the story, but I don't think it's the one you're thinking of.

Wow, now that I read about it, I'm also curious myself to know just what exactly was this manga.
In what style was the artwork of this manga that you've read drawn? Did it have that old school, "golden age of manga" 70s-80s look to it (think Golgo 13 through Fist of the North Star)? Or was it drawn in more contemporary manga style, like Gantz or FMA? And back when you read it, was it the original Japanese version or English translated one? If it was the former, you might have seen the name or the logo of the company that had published it. If you can remember what it was, this may help you find out the name of this manga.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Sprinter, you're thinking of Homunculus. I read the first few volumes a year or two ago, it's a great series!

Thanks for the replies.

Grail said:
Sprinter, you're thinking of Homunculus. I read the first few volumes a year or two ago, it's a great series!

Yes! Thanks so much-- lol, that's really funny because that was the word of the day from Dictionary.com in ma e-mail. Now, I wonder if I thought of it because of the e-mail or ... 0_o

‎1. An artificially made miniature person or creature, supposedly produced in a flask by an alchemist.
2. A fully formed, miniature human body believed, according to some medical theories of the 16th and 17th centuries, to be contained in the spermatozoon.
3. A diminutive human being.
4. The human fetus.

Oh yeah, Aphasia-- I am totally diggin' the Passon of Joan of Arc Avatar... makes me think of a pilot or the terminator or something.

Top Bottom