Game of Thrones TV [spoilers]

Feeblecursedone said:
True. I prefer when they kill off characters to advance plot or develop characters instead of just not needing them anymore. With that said,
Ramsey's death was freaking brutal.I guess you reap what you sow with the dogs eh?

Ramsey deserved way worse..but still found it a satisfying end for him.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Kaldr said:
Ramsey deserved way worse..but still found it a satisfying end for him.

I was really, really hoping
Sansa would take a page out of her father's book, and as the rightful ruler of Winterfell, execute Ramsey by the sword herself. I kept screaming at the tv, "Give her a sword!" The dogs felt like a copout to me. I wasn't particularly satisfied.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I was satisfied by it. But what I was way more happy to see was
fucking Drogon in action.

Though
the appearance of Asha and Theon was a bit out of the blue even though we knew they were coming to Meereen.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
Drogon was awesome, and so was the Tyrion joke scene. I cant believe they actually gave no weapon to Wun Wun, he couldhave easily cleared that shield wall with a warhammer or a simple wooden club. Height of stupidity when a key unit goes to war with fists.

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
I was actually expecting
Ramsay to get stabbed or killed with a sword if he lost, but I was pleasantly surprised with the doggies. I personally was very PLEASED and thought it fitting end for someone like him. See, for him, physical pain is pleasure to him, so when the dogs were eating him, it was more like he was screaming at the loss of control. Whatever the case, I didn't mind that ending at all. Others weapons wouldn't have fazed him much.

As for
Wun Wun
:judo:
I think he was the opposite of Hodor, he was meant to BREAK a door, not hold it. Still, I didn't want him to die.
:judo:

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
XionHorsey said:
See, for him, physical pain is pleasure to him, so when the dogs were eating him, it was more like he was screaming at the loss of control.

Ah, yes, that's actually a really good point. I like that interpretation.

Was there anyone else wondering why Rickon ran in a straight line?? I'd imagine hitting a zigzagging target would be worlds more difficult.

Feeblecursedone

"This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
I was so calling it he would get hit by that last arrow and he was. Its so predictable it wasnt even funny.

jackson_hurley

Kaldr said:
Was there anyone else wondering why Rickon ran in a straight line?? I'd imagine hitting a zigzagging target would be worlds more difficult.

Yeah me and my girldfriend thought about that too. But to be honest I never cared about that character.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Kaldr said:

Yep.
Before he even started running, I said he better have sporadic movement or he'll be done in no time.

Feeblecursedone said:
I was so calling it he would get hit by that last arrow and he was. Its so predictable it wasnt even funny.

It wasn't even tense (maybe it wasn't supposed to be?). Rickon's been out of the show for so long and the focus of the North is so focused on Sansa that there was no way I thought he would live. Not to mention all the heavy handed "foreshadowing" in the war council the night before. It was like watching two trains barreling towards each other.

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
Kaldr said:

He was panicking. In that state, it's hard to think clearly and Ramsay was an excellent shot anyway. As for Rickon himself, it's easy to not care because he got so little development.

jackson_hurley

XionHorsey said:
He was panicking. In that state, it's hard to think clearly and Ramsay was an excellent shot anyway. As for Rickon himself, it's easy to not care because he got so little development.

I'm more interested about what's gonna happen to him in the books. It looks way more interesting where he is now. Can't wait for the next book.

That episode was a logical mess, Sansa waits until the last moment to show up with a larger army to change the tide of battle, (a rare occurrence in fantasy battles) instead of telling Jon about the Vale army beforehand, they could have used their numerical advantage to barter for Rickons life instead of letting hundreds of people including the King in the North die.

Seeing Sansa turn into a sadist was disturbing, maybe this is a darker chapter in Sansa's arc and she will become more ruthless like Arya from now on, or more likely they are satisfying fans raging revenge boners for Ramsay. revenge killing, especially Ramsay's brutal and ironic death is meant to be disgusting, not gratifying.

jackson_hurley

Wenliinvictus said:
That episode was a logical mess, Sansa waits until the last moment to show up with a larger army to change the tide of battle, (a rare occurrence in fantasy battles) instead of telling Jon about the Vale army beforehand, they could have used their numerical advantage to barter for Rickons life instead of letting hundreds of people including the King in the North die.

Seeing Sansa turn into a sadist was disturbing, maybe this is a darker chapter in Sansa's arc and she will become more ruthless like Arya from now on, or more likely they are satisfying fans raging revenge boners for Ramsay. revenge killing, especially Ramsay's brutal and ironic death is meant to be disgusting, not gratifying.

I think Sansa did not want to use the Vale when she clearly knows whats gonna be ask in return. Though she did try to get the army of the Blackfish in Riverun, which fails. So clearly she had to resolve asking Littlefinger for support.

As for the "saddist" part of her, nothing surprises me there, with all that she's been through since the beginning.

And lastly Tv-Wise only, the fight would not have been filled with tension if the Vale was there from the start. It was very not surprising to see them get there at the end. I've called it since she got married to Bolton. (Not here cause I never talk about that show here except today)

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
Sansa spent quite awhile being outright terrified of Ramsay and powerless. I don't blame her from wresting control away from him and taking pleasure in his death. Mercy does not work on people like Ramsay.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Kaldr said:

I know right. Didn't he see Apocolypto?

Wenliinvictus said:

I beg to differ, you forgot that it's Littlefinger we're talking about here. Not only did Sansa not receive a word from him that he's coming, but also there's the trust thing that even if he said he's coming it would be dangerous for her to give her word to Jon based on Littlefinger's.
Not to mention there's no scenario in which Ramsay lets Rickon willingly stay alive, Rickon is the rightful heir of winterfell and poses a greater threat to Ramsay than Jon himself.

Now I'm not a sadist myself, but if I had a rule in how to kill that freak I wouldn't even kill him so fast like that. To me physical pain is NOTHING compared to mental pain.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Kaldr said:

He must’ve gone to the Prometheus school of running away from things.

In my opinion it was in general a good episode, but
everything was too obvious:
1. We knew Rickon was going to die, even Sansa said it during the day before the battle
2. The Gandalf moment pls
3. Wun wun+ 1 vs 1 John vs Ramsey

I think the drama was ok and the battle scenes quite good, but one of the things that I've always liked about the show were the unexpected situations that take place in the last episodes and this one was quite predictable, I'm somehow disappointed

jackson_hurley

Well to be honest, the show is starting to be predictable over all and I blame the fact that they got up with the book, even though they still have cues from Martin at some level... Everything moves fast and is ... well predictable. Some parts are surprising but so far I was not blown away by the "surprises"we got.

I agree, adapting the book into a series is easier for D&D than creating new content . This season has shown that D&D did a nice job in previous seasons but it is always hard to match the expectations for the new book with the few info George gave them.

jackson_hurley

luizao said:
I agree, adapting the book into a series is easier for D&D than creating new content . This season has shown that D&D did a nice job in previous seasons but it is always hard to match the expectations for the new book with the few info George gave them.

Which is very understandable. If I was the writer I would not necessarily want to reveal the end of my saga on tv before the story is finish. So this is pretty much why they can change stuff. Of course I'm well aware that some plot of the season is gonna be in the next book. What I know for sure is that it's not gonna boring or super rushed. Hopefully we won't get the bullshit segment of the door holding...

jackson_hurley

luizao said:
I think that is one of the few ones confirmed by George :ganishka:

Confirmed is not exactly how I interpreted it. He said that a fan came up with that explanation for Hodor and he said he's close enough. Meaning in my opinion that Hodor could have hold a door in the past like the stable door from preventing a horse or whatever from getting out and then getting hit by said horse and then fucking him up. It's mention in the book that it was an accident involving a horse out of control (or something in the likes).

Anyways the visions in the Tv series makes no sense vs the visions in the book. That's why I'm sure we're gonna get (if we get any) a better explanation for that. But personally I don't care at all if we know the truth of not in the next book.

People have this tendency to extrapolate a simple answer. :serpico:

Sorry, it was an answer from D&D about the origin of Hodor's name, when George explained them where do it come from. Of course it might be different in the future book but maybe its similar to the TV series.

Top Bottom