Berserk Saga Project News

According to the film's website, the limited "premium edition" tickets, which the fans can use to claim that God Hand poster, will be going on sale in Japan tomorrow. Also, as they've already previously mentioned it before, the tickets for the second film, "The Battle for Doldrey" will go on sale on March 12 of next year.

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=292

It's interesting to note how majority of the more recent updates have been all about the merchandising and promos, and not at all about the movie itself. Not exactly a good sign, is it? :schierke:

Don't see anything wrong with promoting the movie. Apart from the behelit or poster, there doesn't seem to be a merchandising push. But that's just me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
It's interesting to note how majority of the more recent updates have been all about the merchandising and promos, and not at all about the movie itself. Not exactly a good sign, is it? :schierke:
Not interesting at all, really. It's to be expected. The site is the direct marketing arm of the project. They probably feel they've released more than enough information about the first movie at this point, so it's time to push the release date hype.

Although we've already known from the trailers that he's gonna be appearing in the movie, Vazuso and his seiyuu have just been announced as the most recent addition to the cast yet.

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=299

news12091.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
Although we've already known from the trailers that he's gonna be appearing in the movie, Vazuso and his seiyuu have just been announced as the most recent addition to the cast yet.

http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=299

news12091.jpg
The guy looks like he fits the part pretty well :ganishka: But it's probably spelled Bazuso -- could be a phonetic pun on "Buzz Saw."

Walter said:
The guy looks like he fits the part pretty well :ganishka: But it's probably spelled Bazuso -- could be a phonetic pun on "Buzz Saw."

Yeah, with his gruff and bombastic looks, he should naturally have a voice of similar quality to go along with it :serpico:
Though I wish they had posted an audio or video clip of him reading from that script in-character.

As for the name itself, I always assumed it to be of pseudo-Latin or Italian sort, like "Vazus", "Basusso" or "Vazuso." I've never thought of a buzz-saw pun, not the least because neither his axe weapon or even his armor have anything circular or serrated about them :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gotta say though ... we get to see Bazuso's voice actor, but still no word on Gambino. This doesn't bode well. :azan:

Walter said:
Gotta say though ... we get to see Bazuso's voice actor, but still no word on Gambino. This doesn't bode well. :azan:

Yeah, it now looks increasingly like that the movie is gonna skip over Guts' childhood altogether, and is instead gonna open with the scene from page 86 in volume 4 :sad:
Though I'm still holding hope that this isn't gonna be the case. Besides Gambino there's also whole slew of other characters that help drive the plot in the Golden Age arc such as Foss, Shisu and Adonis, who haven't been announced either.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Señor Caudillo said:
Besides Gambino there's also whole slew of other characters that help drive the plot in the Golden Age arc such as Foss, Shisu and Adonis, who haven't been announced either.

If Gambino isn't going to be in the film, Shizu won't be, either. As for Foss, I wouldn't worry too much. He's integral to the section of the story these films seem to be focusing on, so he'll show up at some point or another. As for Adonis, we've seen an out-of-focus shot of him lying dead behind Guts' calloused hand in the latest trailer.

well they might not put his childhood in the movie now, but maybe we'll see a glimpse of Gambino and the rest in the scene with Guts And Casca after the waterfall scene.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
As for the name itself, I always assumed it to be of pseudo-Latin or Italian sort, like "Vazus", "Basusso" or "Vazuso."

For now, putting your assumptions aside, it's "Bazûso", with the 'u' being a long vowel.

Gobolatula said:
Bazuso isn't rotund enough.

Agreed.

jackalj said:
well they might not put his childhood in the movie now, but maybe we'll see a glimpse of Gambino and the rest in the scene with Guts And Casca after the waterfall scene.

That would not be any consolation. Not featuring Guts' childhood like it is in the manga is akin to what the US distributor did to Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in America when it first came out. It would be a travesty.

Gobolatula said:
What is this radio thing? I'm confused.

It's an Internet radio promo campaign. I think they will be having the voice actors reading the lines from the script, "in-character", to give the fans a taste of how the characters they'll be playing in the film will sound like.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Señor Caudillo said:
It's an Internet radio promo campaign. I think they will be having the voice actors reading the lines from the script, "in-character", to give the fans a taste of how the characters they'll be playing in the film will sound like.
Yeah, and it sounds pretty terrible so far. 7 minutes in... :femto:

Walter said:
Yeah, and it sounds pretty terrible so far. 7 minutes in... :femto:

Hahaha!! Well, since they are doing those voices while at ease and at their own leisure, with no director breathing on the back of their heads and barking out orders at them to put more authenticity, feeling and emotion into their acting and otherwise lit a fire under their asses, it's no wonder why those voice actors sound so miserably (and hilariously) inadequate. What else did you expect, dude? :ganishka:
Hopefully, that Toshiyuki Kubooka guy did put his seiyuu to serious work during the actual voice recording sessions for the film, and none of the characters in the film will be coming out sounding like this rubbish on the radio.

Jesus

あきらめていない ガッツ "Avatar by Gillia"
I noticed the leaked berserk photos show casca with long hair and that brown outfit, I'm pretty sure that's the same look from the SEGA Dreamcast game after the eclipse, that makes me think they will make the other Arcs into anime aswell also one of the berserk trailers show the re-incarnated griffith on the hill of swords fighting the black swordsman am i the only one who noticed :???: i hope not.. can't wait for the anime trilogy :judo:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Jesus said:
I noticed the leaked berserk photos show casca with long hair and that brown outfit, I'm pretty sure that's the same look from the SEGA Dreamcast game after the eclipse, also one of the berserk trailers show the re-incarnated griffith on the hill of swords fighting the black swordsman am i the only one who noticed :???: i hope not..
Those are all things we are all well aware of and have discussed already (you should at least skim through the thread before commenting).

Jesus said:
that makes me think they will make the other Arcs into anime aswell can't wait for the anime trilogy :judo:
It has been confirmed that they intend to animate the entire series.

Also, Welcome to SkullKnight.net! :SK:

Jesus

あきらめていない ガッツ "Avatar by Gillia"
Truder said:
Those are all things we are all well aware of and have discussed already (you should at least skim through the thread before commenting).
It has been confirmed that they intend to animate the entire series.

Also, Welcome to SkullKnight.net! :SK:

sorry I'm a newbie and didn't read the posts except the Admin post :judo:
thanks for the welcome :guts:

Top Bottom