Berserk Saga Project News

Aazealh said:
mbr_vol1.jpg
mbr_vol2.jpg
On the cover - Miura's drawing for Guts versus the movie Guts ... for all to see :carcus:.

Anyone going to pick up these special volumes?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You know what I really like to see on the cover of my manga re-releases? Tons of text and advertisements. :azan:

Also note that the top corner now calls Berserk the "NO. 1 DARK FANTASY" instead of just the "number one fantasy comic," like they always have in the past.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackalj said:
those new covers are for the Young Animal magazine? or something completely else?

They're the covers of the first two MBR volumes released specifically for the movie. See my original post about it:

Aazealh said:
Six "MyBestRemix" volumes will be released in quick succession, starting on January 24 for the first two and ending on February 21 for the sixth one.

Those volumes will be slightly bigger than the standard ones (A5 format instead of B6), but of lower quality and will be sold like magazines (so they won't be available in libraries like the standard volumes are). Basically the same deal than for the 12 MBR that were released a few years ago to recap volumes 1 to 26.

Aazealh said:
They're the covers of the first two MBR volumes released specifically for the movie. See my original post about it:

Those volumes will be slightly bigger than the standard ones (A5 format instead of B6), but of lower quality and will be sold like magazines (so they won't be available in libraries like the standard volumes are). Basically the same deal than for the 12 MBR that were released a few years ago to recap volumes 1 to 26.

Ok, I didn't know what MBR were.

Edi

Sorry for my bad English...
My Best Remix and Young Animal Remix...
What is the difference? Is there any?

Edit:
Aazealh said:
Basically the same deal than for the 12 MBR that were released a few years ago to recap volumes 1 to 26.
OK, now I understand. :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
but of lower quality
Is there any comparison?

http://akiba-souken.com/special/2011/berserk/index.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Edi said:
My Best Remix and Young Animal Remix...
What is the difference? Is there any?

I don't think so; I guess they just renamed MBR to YAR.

Edi said:
Is there any comparison?

Sorry, don't count on me to take side-by-side pictures. MBRs are closer to Young Animal issues as far as paper quality goes and they don't have dust jackets. Overall if you treat them with care they age well though.

Jesus

あきらめていない ガッツ "Avatar by Gillia"
RaffoBaffo said:
http://www.berserkfilm.com/caststaff/cast.html

All the Japanese seiyus are so beautiful specially Haruka Tomatsu wish i had a Japanese girlfriend it would be the best thing ever :ubik:

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Well I have to say, they are a very good-looking cast for the most part. I'm surprised at how many of them even look like good matches for their characters.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Jesus said:
All the Japanese seiyus are so beautiful specially Haruka Tomatsu wish i had a Japanese girlfriend it would be the best thing ever :ubik:
Welp. We still haven't heard anything about an international release yet. I'm really hoping there isn't too long a delay between the Japanese release and when we get it here. Hopefully the JP Blu-Ray isn't too expensive.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Welp. We still haven't heard anything about an international release yet. I'm really hoping there isn't too long a delay between the Japanese release and when we get it here. Hopefully the JP Blu-Ray isn't too expensive.
We've heard enough that it's nearly a foregone conclusion that it's coming to countries outside of Japan. What we're missing is a release date.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Jesus said:

I sense an asian fetish :slan: not that I don't agree with you or anything haha.

Jesus

あきらめていない ガッツ "Avatar by Gillia"
Gobolatula said:

i'm not gonna wait for a US release even if the movie doesn't have subtitles i'll watch it online because i love berserk

Lord Leith said:
I sense an asian fetish :slan: not that I don't agree with you or anything haha.

you're wrong i don't have an asian fetish for a few reasons i can't tell you here ./////////.
i'm just saying having a foreign girlfriend would be fun and interesting :serpico:

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Jesus said:
i'm not gonna wait for a US release even if the movie doesn't have subtitles i'll watch it online because i love berserk
I hope you also intend to support the movies whenever they comes overseas. :femto:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus said:

If you really love Berserk you'll buy the Japanese Blu-Ray, like Gobolatula said.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
perros said:
To what extent is Miura's involvement in Saga project?

I'm not the best one to answer as I'm sure some members know more, but from what I know or believe, Kentaro Miura is checking in to make sure the project is going well which would make sense for slower volume releases. I might be wrong but that's the only info I heard.

Jesus said:

you're wrong i don't have an asian fetish for a few reasons i can't tell you here ./////////.
i'm just saying having a foreign girlfriend would be fun and interesting :serpico:

lol yeah, just a joke, yeah I do agree, it would be interesting though.

Top Bottom