Administrator
Staff member
Teaser poster revealed today:

dkrteaser1.jpg

The sky is falling, Bats.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Batception?
Looks like Ra's al Ghul is going to get his wish for Gotham after all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Saw the teaser at Harry Potter last night, couldn't really understand what Gordon was saying
"We were in this together, and then you were gone. Now there's evil rising. The batman must come back."
"What if he doesn't exist anymore?"
"He must... He must..."

Griffith

It was actually better than expected. Granted, I only expected something akin to a moving version of the poster, which we got, but the shot of Batman backing away from Bane hit the spot.

BTW, about the hospital scene, didn't the Dark Knight already "rise" in the last movie? He's already come into his own, shouldn't he just be Batman for a while? I hope that means he was but something truly cataclysmic happens he has to come back from, because I've already watched the guy discover himself twice. That's going to make or break the movie, imo.

Note: Warner Bros. has been going around getting every leaked trailer taken down. So this may not last long.

Fuck you, Warner Bros. :daiba:

Griffith said:
BTW, about the hospital scene, didn't the Dark Knight already "rise" in the last movie? He's already come into his own, shouldn't he just be Batman for a while? I hope that means he was but something truly cataclysmic happens he has to come back from, because I've already watched the guy discover himself twice. That's going to make or break the movie, imo.

Since Bane is in the movie, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that the movie perhaps will include Batman's adiction to Venom. Coming back from his addiction is perhaps what the "rises" in the title mean.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
m said:
Since Bane is in the movie, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that the movie perhaps will include Batman's adiction to Venom. Coming back from his addiction is perhaps what the "rises" in the title mean.

Either that or Bane will break Batman like he did in the comics and instead of choosing a temporary replacement, he might just give up entirely. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see. Like Griff said, he really doesn't need to "discover himself" again. I have faith that Nolan will come up with something more interesting than that.

Rhombaad said:
Either that or Bane will break Batman like he did in the comics and instead of choosing a temporary replacement, he might just give up entirely. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see.

I really hope this is not what the movie is about. For it to work (at least for me) Bane would have to break Batman's back very early in the movie, otherwise his recovery would feel rushed or miraculous (not that it wasn't :iva:) and I personally wouldn't really like that. Like you I have faith that Nolan will deliver, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I think recovering from his addiction would work better, but that's just me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:

I think the back breaking plot is more likely. Not sure the Venom addiction would work well for the film, as readers won't even know what Venom is in the first place. If it's introduced with Bane they can get it quickly enough: a super drug that makes Bane inhumanly strong. But to go beyond than that... I don't know if they'll take the risk.

Rhombaad said:
Either that or Bane will break Batman like he did in the comics and instead of choosing a temporary replacement, he might just give up entirely. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see. Like Griff said, he really doesn't need to "discover himself" again.

Agreed on all that, but I think they will indeed have Batman give up after being soundly defeated and then "rise" again.

Griffith

Re: The Dark Knight

I agree it would be difficult to introduce venom, but something about Batman on drugs seems like it would appeal to Nolan. :guts:

They could actually combine it all effectively by reverse-engineering those stories; introduce venom through Bane, have him completely trash Bats, an out of commission Bruce Wayne naturally starts studying venom, which leads to him to secretly use it in his recovery and beyond, completely losing himself in the process. With all the scandal in sports, I think mainstream audiences are not only ready for, but demand, Batman on PEDs! =) There's a lot of interesting places they could go with that too, even the venom-fueled accidental death of a criminal. Of course, then Batman has to "rise" from rock bottom, clean up his act, and beat Bane; redeeming both himself and humanity as natural human ability triumphs over steroids! There hasn't been a better such comeback story since Rocky IV.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course it's going to be about Baleman's struggle with his plateauing nobility, until he somehow finally reaches even greater heights of piety. :schierke:

X

Xem

Maybe Bane breaks Batman and that's the end of the movie. That'd be realistic enough for me. :troll:

I think Bats is gonna recover with the help of Ra's Al Ghul (Lazarus Pit anyone?), no idea how Catwoman fits in there, maybe she tries to fill his shoes while he's gone? There's also the somewhat strong possibility Bane is working in the League of Shadows... or Catwoman is... or they both are. :slan:

Either way I hope Nolan wraps up this Batman's story so no one can try to expand on his universe. Not sure how he'd do that though...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith said:
Oh, who am I kidding? Of course it's going to be about Baleman's struggle with his plateauing nobility, until he somehow finally reaches even greater heights of piety. :schierke:

While commuting this morning I suddenly had this thought that beyond being broken by Bane, Batman would have to face his fear of him. There must have been something else to it then though, because it didn't seem as lame as it does now.

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
While commuting this morning I suddenly had this thought that beyond being broken by Bane, Batman would have to face his fear of him. There must have been something else to it then though, because it didn't seem as lame as it does now.

You mean as lame as this? :daiba:

Griffith

Deci said:
I think Bats is gonna recover with the help of Ra's Al Ghul (Lazarus Pit anyone?), no idea how Catwoman fits in there, maybe she tries to fill his shoes while he's gone?

I like this idea... well, I should say I like it better than any other reason for her to be in the movie, other than so it can be too long and keep Nolan's streak of bad Batman love interests going.

Deci said:
There's also the somewhat strong possibility Bane is working in the League of Shadows... or Catwoman is... or they both are. :slan:

Ever since word got out that Ra's al Ghul is back I've kind of taken it for granted that Bane is his designated Batman stopper. I actually didn't consider the alternative until now.

Deci said:
Either way I hope Nolan wraps up this Batman's story so no one can try to expand on his universe. Not sure how he'd do that though...

You already answered your own question...

Deci said:
Maybe Bane breaks Batman and that's the end of the movie. That'd be realistic enough for me. :troll:

:guts:

I like my idea for this better though, Nolan should have adapted The Dark Knight Returns and said, "I'm out."

Aazealh said:
Deci said:
You mean as lame as this? :daiba:

Or this? You're probably right on the money, Aaz.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-projector/tom-hardy-bane-scary-bald-dark-knight-rises-123201546.html

New photos of Bane, Batman fighting him, and unintentional Bale face comedy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-projector/tom-hardy-bane-scary-bald-dark-knight-rises-123201546.html

New photos of Bane, Batman fighting him, and unintentional Bale face comedy.

THAT's Bane?! Couldn't they have at least found someone taller or something? :schierke:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
THAT's Bane?! Couldn't they have at least found someone taller or something? :schierke:

Well, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that's supposed to be him "unpumped."

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I have total faith in Tom Hardy, he's a great actor.

On the other hand, that batsuit still looks godawful.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Tom-Hardy-Fartzilla.jpg

Griffith

Yeah, that double post was TOTALLY worth it. :griffnotevil:

Anyway, more shots of Bats and Bane = more fun:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-batman-vs-bane-fight-scene-revealed

NightCrawler said:
On the other hand, that batsuit still looks godawful.

Possible new and, in my opinion, improved batsuit (possible because it's hard to say if it's really different, but I like it in this shot better anyway):

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-batsuit-teaser

Codename: Solid Bat.

NightCrawler

Griffith said:
Yeah, that double post was TOTALLY worth it. :griffnotevil:

Anyway, more shots of Bats and Bane = more fun:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-batman-vs-bane-fight-scene-revealed

Possible new and, in my opinion, improved batsuit:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-batsuit-teaser

Codename: Solid Bat.

I don't like it. Too many unecessary lines.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2735/original/Getty%20Images%20Entertainment.jpeg?1312166109

As for the footage, i like the fact that the camera is far and i bet they're using some wide angle lens to cover all that mayhem, so i hope to see a decent Nolan fight scene for once.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Can this thread please not turn into a repository for every shit-quality footage and picture leak that surfaces on the net?

NightCrawler

Walter said:
Can this thread please not turn into a repository for every shit-quality footage and picture leak that surfaces on the net?

Ok boss, but i think the footage Griff posted was quite interesting to watch.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Ok boss, but i think the footage Griff posted was quite interesting to watch.
Would you like a hand-cam grab of the final fight too? Along with insightful audience comments like: "Oh, he just got hit."

Top Bottom