The Dark Knight Rises

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
Yeah, the movie's name is so ridiculous and contradicts the poster, almost prevents me from enjoying it.

It's a bad title on multiple levels, they should have gone with The Dark Knight Returns; only downside to that would be higher expectations/standards. On that note, I wonder if that title is even on the table, or being saved in case of an eventual adaptation? It's actually a perfect play for the producers to "continue the series" without Nolan, Bale, or the rest of the current team. Unless Nolan outright kills off Bate-Man at the end of his trilogy, just to be sure. Of course, that would only make the title so much more inappropriately bad.

Johnstantine said:

Aazealh said:
Someone should tell the guy "The Prestige" is the adaptation of a book and not some sort of Nolan masterplan.

Reminds me of a YouTube quote that had a tremendous amount of thumbs up.

"Andrea Bocelli really is a gift from God. He has never known the beauty of a sunrise, or seen any of God's creations, and yet his voice is this beautiful."

Something to that effect. But in reality, he lost his sight at the age of twelve.

Moral of the story: Know your facts before you preach!

A crappy cam version of the Prologue's leaked where you can see just about half the screen (I read). I'm not going to watch it and spoil my experience in less than 2 days! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *uses all his powah not to watch it*

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
IncantatioN said:
A crappy cam version of the Prologue's leaked where you can see just about half the screen (I read). I'm not going to watch it and spoil my experience in less than 2 days! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *uses all his powah not to watch it*

It's very disappointing.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
As a fan of comic book heroes, especially Batman (90's animated series takes the crown for best animated super hero show), I anticipate this film very much, ESPECIALLY because my favorite villain Bane will be in it.

I trust Nolan will potray Bane accurately, as I get quite annoyed of the generic muscle bound idiot archetype writers tend to give Bane, when in reality, he's a freaking genius. I am a little concerned of what the reception to the film may be considering, the Dark Knight was great, a modern classic, though overrated because of the press it got for Heath Ledger's death, when things like that happen for the first sequel, it just tends to get a certain reputation.

Kinda like with the original Star Wars trilogy, many consider Empire strikes back the best, but still enjoy Return of the Jedi, but with the generation of today, full of nitpicks over every last inch of anything, I wonder what the general reactions will be.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Truder said:
Maybe the movie will be better if Christian Bale dies before the movie is released. :troll:

Ha, Im not sure if this is your intention but to wish for the death of someone, is just really bad haha, just a joke Im sure.

Either way, Im sure the trillogy wont feel the same if it went like
Batman begins = *rough voice* IM BATMAN GURRGHHH
The Dark Knight = *rough voice* DON'T DO IT HARVEY GURRGGHHH
The Dark Knight Rises = *normal voice* Why, hello there Bane, you sure have alot of muscles, you shall make a worthy adversary :iva:

X

Xem

Truder said:
Maybe the movie will be better if Christian Bale dies before the movie is released. :troll:

Well he is done with Batman one way or the other, so whether you hated his portrayal or loved it - it is ova!

Btw they went back and actually made his batvoice rougher in editing, so that can't be fully blamed on him - that's Nolan too.

Lord Leith said:
I trust Nolan will potray Bane accurately,

He'll definitely be Nolanified, just think about the Joker and Two-Face, which is not necessarily a negative.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I won't bother linking the trailer because I'm sure it will be removed but from what i saw it didn't look bad but it did have a few action scenes that were completely unrealistic. I can already tell that this movie will require massive suspension of disbelief, more than TDK. There was one scene where a football player is running for a touchdown and the whole field is blowing up behind him and guys are flying around and dying but he just keeps on running (dosn't hear it/feel it) until he finally runs into the end zone and turns around to see ... oh shit. Its comical.

Actually the more footage I see the less excited I get. I should stop.

NightCrawler said:
It's very disappointing.
No waiii :magni:. I hope not >_>'

I read about Bane's voice being 'goofy' ... I'd imagine a muffled voice through the mask, hope it doesn't sound like Darth Vader. Is Bane's character supposed to have a specific accent?

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
IncantatioN said:
No waiii :magni:. I hope not >_>'

I read about Bane's voice being 'goofy' ... I'd imagine a muffled voice through the mask, hope it doesn't sound like Darth Vader. Is Bane's character supposed to have a specific accent?

The only voice I can remember for Bane in any adaption was his Animated series voice, appearence in Arkham Asylum, and in Arkham City. The Animated series voice was pretty much like a luchador lol

Animated series voice = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptMispBdFA
Arkham games voice = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BEyQzeen3g

X

Xem

I just watched the leaked prologue and it was relatively unrecognizable as a Batman clip to me except for the last few seconds of montage footage. It didn't feel very Nolan-y to me either.

Bane's voice is pretty awkward. It's very nasal and the British (?) accent is pretty thick making it hard to understand and then completely unintelligible toward the end imo. He also sorta sounds like he's randomly going up a few notes while he's talking so it's almost comical.

The whole thing was pretty confusing as a choice for advertising, I don't get why they thought that this footage would be a good introduction for Bane or the movie personally.

Let's hope for a better trailer. :puck:

Griffith

I saw it because I don't care so it's not going to affect my enjoyment of the film, and while the substance of it wasn't anything special, what I really appreciate from everyone is all the worthless audio visual analysis of the super shit quality cam-recorded leak. I mean, I watched it, but I still wouldn't say I've seen it, so there's really no point in talking about it from a technical standpoint.

Anyway, it looks like a spectacular stunt from a typical action movie except it has Bane in the middle of it, which is what a lot of the action of the previous two movies was like (including the proverbial Joker bank heist), so I'm not sure what people we're expecting that they'd be so disappointed. I mean, were they supposed to deal with something crucial to the film, that would be as compelling as actually watching it, in a five minute preview? That would be kind of insane, but I guess people really thought it was going to be Bane breaking Batman's back after TDK or something. Then again, some people still think Two-Face is alive.

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not expecting too much from this movie, except to hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Deci said:
He'll definitely be Nolanified
Deci said:
It didn't feel very Nolan-y to me either.

Please stop.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Griffith said:
I saw it because I don't care so it's not going to affect my enjoyment of the film, and while the substance of it wasn't anything special, what I really appreciate from everyone is all the worthless audio visual analysis of the super shit quality cam-recorded leak. I mean, I watched it, but I still wouldn't say I've seen it, so there's really no point in talking about it from a technical standpoint.

Anyway, it looks like a spectacular stunt from a typical action movie except it has Bane in the middle of it, which is what a lot of the action of the previous two movies was like (including the proverbial Joker bank heist), so I'm not sure what people we're expecting that they'd be so disappointed. I mean, were they supposed to deal with something crucial to the film, that would be as compelling as actually watching it, in a five minute preview? That would be kind of insane, but I guess people really thought it was going to be Bane breaking Batman's back after TDK or something. Then again, some people still think Two-Face is alive.

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not expecting too much from this movie, except to hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

It's as if, you were reading my mind as you posted this message, I can't say it better myself, agreed 100 percent. :badbone:

Griffith

Not to worry guys, here's the real prologue featuring Bruce Wayne's return to the East to confront Ra's al Ghul's goons:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/christian-bale-escapes-chinese-police-in-epic-car-chase-on-cnn/

Last night I went for the midnight first show screening for MI: Ghost Protocol (IMAX) which was also going to show the prologue for The Dark Knight Rises. A friend and I got there 40 minutes early and thought we were good on time but it was ridiculous. Best seat we got - 2nd row from the front >_<. Lincoln center's IMAX is pretty daunting from that spot, at least we got center seats. It started off with the prologue and there's a lot of action in those 5/6 minutes, some scenes look real good. Bane's voice is low volume'd and I could only make out some stuff he said. I don't want to say more to spoil it but I will say that his voice isn't very clear because of the circumstances of the scene. There were about 2/ 3 instances where I couldn't help but smile thinking "CCCOOOOOOLLL". But, the one thing I hate happened - people clapped and cheered.

EDIT: The more I think of it, I couldn't hear a lot of the dialog + this other time the bass was over-overbearingly distorted to my ears because I was probably that close to the screen. But, Bane's voice is far from being comedic or goofy :schierke:.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I thought the prologue was great, but
I was confused by Bane's voice. Is he supposed to be German? I couldn't quite make it out. All that came to mind though was Simon Gruber from Die Hard 3. I was just waiting for him to say "Failure to comply will result in a penalty."
Other than that, I thought the prologue was great and got me pumped for the coming movie. Bane is going to be an awesome villain.

It sounded like a Russian accent to me but I could be completely off. Regardless, people are complaining they couldn't hear him as if it were a bad thing but they fail to realize that if you're in a plane with windows shattered or exposed at the back like it was in those scenes, you're not going to hear a lot unless people are shouting and he's got his mask on, so it's also perfect/ real for that environment.
Top marks from me.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
It sounded like a Russian accent to me but I could be completely off. Regardless, people are complaining they couldn't hear him as if it were a bad thing but they fail to realize that if you're in a plane with windows shattered or exposed at the back like it was in those scenes, you're not going to hear a lot unless people are shouting and he's got his mask on, so it's also perfect/ real for that environment.
Top marks from me.

Yeah, but you need to make the voice a little bit more accessible for the audience. I understand that it was a more realist approach, but come on. The only time I understood him was when he first spoke. After that I felt like an old person yelling "HEH?". Oh, and when it goes through the flashes of the movie I couldn't tell if when Bane was holding Batman's mask...was that blood? Or just saturation from the falling snow?

Top Bottom