Prometheus

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Oburi said:
Wasn't Prometheus shot specifically for 3d and not converted after? I think if you guys saw the trailer in 3d you would want to watch the whole that way unless its a principle thing.

Yes, it was filmed entirely in 3D. No conversion necessary.

Source.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ryouma said:
You should have seen Hugo which is in my opinion, the best and surprisingly great 3D experience so far. But I'll also see Prom in a regular format.
I saw Hugo. I found it boring, and the 3D wasn't very special to me, even though I'd read rave reviews of it. :puck:

Oburi said:
Wasn't Prometheus shot specifically for 3d and not converted after? I think if you guys saw the trailer in 3d you would want to watch the whole that way unless its a principle thing.
I'm really just not interested in the technology. For a presumably suspenseful movie like this, I think I'd find it distracting.

So it's a matter of taste :void: When I went to see it, I wasn't interested at all.
But I was very pleased and surprised by the form and the content. I found a sincere hommage to Melies and the art of filmmaking. It's far from a masterpiece but also from a bad movie.

H

hellrasinbrasin

prometheusmovie_11512_1.jpg

prometheusmovie_11512_3.jpg

Walter said:
I'm really just not interested in the technology. For a presumably suspenseful movie like this, I think I'd find it distracting.

Amen. Hopefully the 3D in this case will be used intelligently (to add depth...not that you need to). I don't need to see alien tentacles floating in front of my face. :schierke:

Overall I find 3D tacky. I got an amazing deal on a plasma that happened to have 3D functionality. In almost two years of owning it, I've used 3D a total of 3 times. 2 of those times were to show my parents/friends what it looks like.

How many times can you watch Avatar? Answer: once.

If no movie was ever made in 3D again, I wouldn't so much as blink.

P.S. Though I was a big time offender a few pages ago in this very thread, I'm fucking tired of everywhere online posting scenes form the movie.

H

hellrasinbrasin

That's why I only posted the 2 pics that I did as the above images are scenes that were shown in the trailers but at a different angle.

============

51LX4TL2OgL._SS500_.jpg

Music Composed by Marc Streitenfeld

01.A Planet
02.Going In
03.Engineers
04.Life*
05.Weyland
06.Discovery
07.Not Human
08.Too Close
09.Try Harder
10.David
11.Hammerpede
12.We were right
13.Earth
14.Infected
15.Hyper Sleep
16.Small Beginnings
17.Hello Mommy
18.Friend From The Past
19.Dazed
20.Space Jockey
21.Collision
22.Debris
23.Planting the Seed
24.Invitation
25.Birth

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/tracks/B007TBCTRK/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I won't bother posting it because of how much shit has been released for the movie, but a recent TV spot shows the fucking big dude and just how the facehugger-esque thing does its, well, thing.

At this point, I'm just going to see the movie to put all of these pieces together. It's like I'm fucking watching 21 Grams or something.

Johnstantine said:
I won't bother posting it because of how much shit has been released for the movie, but a recent TV spot shows the fucking big dude and just how the facehugger-esque thing does its, well, thing.

During the Thunder game, right? I caught it too. My first thought after watching it was "I hope nobody on SK.net saw that." It was stuffed full of spoilers. They definitely don't want you to be surprised by anything in the film.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I'm done with anything related to this movie for the next few weeks. It's pretty close anyway so it won't be that hard.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
The Good Reverend Skeleton said:
During the Thunder game, right? I caught it too. My first thought after watching it was "I hope nobody on SK.net saw that." It was stuffed full of spoilers. They definitely don't want you to be surprised by anything in the film.

Yeah, they actually showed it downtown as well. So everyone go to see it on the fucking big screen with the sound blasting through the streets. I didn't really have a fucking option at that point.

H

hellrasinbrasin

I know what you guys are talking about that latest Tv spot. That thing was exploding with spoiler related content. I was like um Fox you know you weren't really showing much with the trailers but you'll show everything in the Tv Spots what's up with that.

NightCrawler said:
Fortunately, i've been avoiding that last trailer (and everything after it) like the plague.

Lucky man.

Booked my ticket - June 06, late Thursday night, first screening of the movie, IMAX 3D at the biggest IMAX screen in the city. Another thing that struck me was that RC shot the movie in 3D. I don't know how much of a difference the conversion to 2D would make.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
Lucky man.

Booked my ticket - June 06, late Thursday night, first screening of the movie, IMAX 3D at the biggest IMAX screen in the city. Another thing that struck me was that RC shot the movie in 3D. I don't know how much of a difference the conversion to 2D would make.

It might actually look nice. It's easy to downgrade to a different format. Upgrading? Well, I imagine you've seen the results...

I wonder how a movie shot in IMAX fares when it's converted to 2D. My only guess is converting any format to something else will have more cons than pros.

aksaC

Sex'n Swordplay
I am crushing so hard on this movie! :casca: The more I read, the more I want to see it! The question really is IMAX or no IMAX? :???:

H

hellrasinbrasin

aksaC said:
I am crushing so hard on this movie! :casca: The more I read, the more I want to see it! The question really is IMAX or no IMAX? :???:

If you really want a comparison viewing for Prometheus AksaC I suggest seeing the film in standard format before seeing it in IMAX.

Prometheus-International-Poster.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Even the poster spoils the movie! :ganishka:

If their marketing department handled Star Wars it would be the Death Star exploding on the poster. :guts:

H

hellrasinbrasin

Griffith said:
Even the poster spoils the movie! :ganishka:

If their marketing department handled Star Wars it would be the Death Star exploding on the poster. :guts:

Which is why the marketing for Prometheus has been confusing The promotional packets have been smart
in not giving away to much but just enough to get you interested. But as the launch date is around the
corner the Launch Trailer and recent TV Spot have detonated the gate on the spoiler barn. The above poster
isn't so much a spoiler as it represents material from the trailers that have been released.

Griffith

hellrasinbrasin said:
The above poster isn't so much a spoiler as it represents material from the trailers that have been released.

What, it's not a spoiler because they spoiled it already? That spoiler was sooo last trailer? :iva:

In any case, I'm impressed by their ability to distill their spoilerific advertising it into a single image.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I actually really like that poster. Makes it seem like more campy old school sci-fi flick. Like a Mass Effect cover or something. But idk, nobody has seen the movie so nobody can really say how much is being spoiled can they. Best to just play it safe and not watch anything new though.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
I wonder how a movie shot in IMAX fares when it's converted to 2D. My only guess is converting any format to something else will have more cons than pros.

It would probably be about the same as seeing the parts of the Dark Knight that were shot in IMAX -- barely noticeable. Actually, it made it look a lot better. That is, of course, if you're talking about the regular IMAX camera. The 3D IMAX camera probably looks just as good, if not better.

Griffith

Oburi said:
I actually really like that poster. Makes it seem like more campy old school sci-fi flick. Like a Mass Effect cover or something. But idk, nobody has seen the movie so nobody can really say how much is being spoiled can they. Best to just play it safe and not watch anything new though.

Uh huh, and probably best to not to issue mealy mouthed apologizes, however lightly (can't fool me :azan:), for all this preview content we shouldn't have to avoid. BTW, here's the Prometheus team's take on another classic poster:

empire.jpg

WHOA! I GOTTA SEE THAT! :isidro:

Modern advertising at its finest. NO SPOILERS HERE! Seriously, because of Episodes I, II, and III. People just wouldn't have known it wasn't a spoiler at the time. We have to think 4th dimensionally about the spoiler time continuum. Maybe Ridley Scott is going to make another prequel that reveals everything this movie will reveal chronologically before this film reveals it, so nothing they show now can really be spoilers! Who is to say? :???:

Me. It's fucking spoilers. =)

H

hellrasinbrasin

Griffith said:
Uh huh, and probably best to not to issue mealy mouthed apologizes, however lightly (can't fool me :azan:), for all this preview content we shouldn't have to avoid. BTW, here's the Prometheus team's take on another classic poster:

empire.jpg

WHOA! I GOTTA SEE THAT! :isidro:

Modern advertising at its finest. NO SPOILERS HERE! Seriously, because of Episodes I, II, and III. People just wouldn't have known it wasn't a spoiler at the time. We have to think 4th dimensionally about the spoiler time continuum. Maybe Ridley Scott is going to make another prequel that reveals everything this movie will reveal chronologically before this film reveals it, so nothing they show now can really be spoilers! Who is to say? :???:

Me. It's fucking spoilers. =)

Griffith "How Many Times have I told you that The Emperor does NOT want Lord Vader left unsupervised at the Cantina. Don't you realize every time you leave your post Vader is knocking up another one of Jabba's dancers."

lol

~~~~~~~~

But back on topic.

Whose bought the soundtrack I know I did and I have been enjoying it.

Top Bottom