Prometheus

Goddamn Griffith, that was hilarious!

hellrasinbrasin, the soundtrack's decent but I spun it only once. I'll hold off on listening to it again till after I've watched the film - that way I can appreciate what tune's played when/ etc.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Walter said:
Hey, I bet the ship
explodes
at some point in the movie. :griffnotevil:

Why Walter what ever could have given you that idea...

aksaC

Sex'n Swordplay
hellrasinbrasin said:
If you really want a comparison viewing for Prometheus AksaC I suggest seeing the film in standard format before seeing it in IMAX.

Prometheus-International-Poster.jpg

I might have to though honestly it might be hard to convince my companions to see it in standard format first.

As for spoilers, yeah I'm glad I saw ESB prior to the interwebs and prequels. :schierke:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Got to see an advance screening last night in IMAX.

All I can really say is that, despite the shitload of spoilers given by the trailers...they really spoil very little about the movie. Fantastic flick, guys. Very well worth seeing.

Johnstantine said:
Got to see an advance screening last night in IMAX.

All I can really say is that, despite the shitload of spoilers given by the trailers...they really spoil very little about the movie. Fantastic flick, guys. Very well worth seeing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it live up to the hype/hysteria and or your expectations??

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
frankencowx said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it live up to the hype/hysteria and or your expectations??

I really enjoyed it. It definitely paves the way for a second one.

*EDIT* I went ahead and removed the spoilers because I know this is a big movie for a lot of people. From here on out, I will only discuss them if you PM me.

Understood! Thanks man! I'll be watching this next week Thursday night.

I'm the kind of guy who GETS scared so one last question (so I can go mentally prepared) - are there shock scare scenes or it's suspense/ thriller scare?

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
IncantatioN said:
Understood! Thanks man! I'll be watching this next week Thursday night.

I'm the kind of guy who GETS scared so one last question (so I can go mentally prepared) - are there shock scare scenes or it's suspense/ thriller scare?

That's all relative to the viewer, so I'm not sure how you view them. But, to answer as best as I can, yes. A lot of them, actually.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Must ... avoid.... spoilers...

Can one of the admins ban me from this thread? Save me from myself.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Btw, i did not hate it, far from it! Go see it! I was just venting because of one particular person in the making of this movie that made me feel he was responsible for the LOSTiness of the plot.

Ridley Scott still has it! It is arguably the best sci-fi movie since Blade Runner. It might start a new franchise. Just get that one person i mentioned out of such possibility.

The movie is opening strong in Europe, just behind The Avengers, and so far has good reviews, with 86% on rottentomatoes.

P.S- My man-crush, Fassbender, steals it.

H

hellrasinbrasin

I liked it as a separate film property within the Alien Universe. I look forward to seeing what Prometheus 2 will one day look like and what it brings to the table. If we're lucky history will repeat itself and Cameron will direct the sequel.

Going to see MiB III in an hour,then after that straight to Prometeus,hope it will live up to expectations

hellrasinbrasin said:
I liked it as a separate film property within the Alien Universe. I look forward to seeing what Prometheus 2 will one day look like and what it brings to the table. If we're lucky history will repeat itself and Cameron will direct the sequel.

I don't think Cameron should direct anything anymore, especially not Prometheus 2.

H

hellrasinbrasin

frankencowx said:
I don't think Cameron should direct anything anymore, especially not Prometheus 2.

You have a point there Frankencowx.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
hellrasinbrasin said:

As much as I loved Aliens, I don't want him touching this franchise. He's become a one-trick pony as far as I'm concerned.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Hey Johnstantine, would you say it's worth seeing this movie in IMAX 3D?

NightCrawler said:
Btw, i did not hate it, far from it! Go see it! I was just venting because of one particular person in the making of this movie that made me feel he was responsible for the LOSTiness of the plot.

This ones for you NightCrawler

Anybody coming to the film in search of HR Giger’s sleek monsters is, however, destined to suffer severe disappointment. What we have, instead, is a meandering story featuring endless half-formed diversions and groan-worthy plot twists. The script is co-written by Damon Lindelof, co-creator of Lost, and Prometheus shares that show’s habit of asking really interesting questions and then delivering really uninteresting answers.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2012/0601/1224317046686.html

Top Bottom