Blade Runner 2: Electric Sheep Boogaloo

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ridley Scott is partying like it's 1979!

http://io9.com/5832216/ridley-scott-to-direct-and-write-the-new-blade-runner-movie

The url says it all, but if you're not convinced here some additional sources:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ridley-scott-direct-new-blade-224937
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44193291/ns/today-entertainment/#.Tk2IYahuqSo

If you're still not convinced... well, neither am I, especially that this is a good idea. Let's see if it ever actually gets off the ground, let alone crashes.

I still remember this :troll:

I don't know if i actually want to see a sequel, probably not. I have to admit that i loved the first movie and i still got to read the books !!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Further proof that Scott has lost his sanity. It's been almost thirty years since the first film came out. Leave it be.

Rhombaad said:
Further proof that Scott has lost his sanity. It's been almost thirty years since the first film came out. Leave it be.

Let me ask, what's the excuse for the constant hollywood re-makes and yearly sequel/prequel superhero garbage that everyone eats up with a spoon then?

I would also like to add that I have doubts it will ever materialize anyway....but if it does, as long as they make it a vaguely connected story with completely different but equally interesting characters and don't re-cast the aged Harrison Ford in order for him to pass on the ropes to "the new kid" then it might stand a chance!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:
I would also like to add that I have doubts it will ever materialize anyway....but if it does, as long as they make it a vaguely connected story with completely different but equally interesting characters and don't re-cast the aged Harrison Ford in order for him to pass on the ropes to "the new kid" then it might stand a chance!

BLADE RUNNER 2 (2013)

FADE IN:
EXT. CITY STREETS - NIGHT

A young Jack Deckard finishes his meal in a small, shitty noodle shop called THE WELL in the back alleys of L.A. 2020. He's eyeing the remnants of his food, squints, and spots some movement in his bowl. Further inspection reveals it's a worm. He picks it out, then goes in for another bite.

PUSH IN ON DECKARD's FACE.

DECKARD:
Why did I even bother coming back to this place?

WIDE SHOT REVEAL. Someone approaches Deckard and slides into a seat next to him.

KANE:
Thought you'd be back here. You know it's going to be shitty every time. Why bother?

DECKARD:
I was just asking that myself. Nostalgia, I suppose. Can't stay away.

KANE:
Yeah. About that. We've got a live one. We need you, Deckard. We need your magic.

DECKARD:
Me? What are you talking about? You got the wrong guy.

KANE:
Thought you might be reluctant. But you don't understand. This time it's your father.

DECKARD:
Dad? What about him?

CUT TO: OVERHEAD. Kane places the gun and badge of Rick Deckard on the table.

KANE:
Let me tell you about your father.

CUT TO: WIDE SHOT. SLOW PAN RIGHT as pair exits the booth. A figure is visible in an alleyway, observing them. It is an aging man in a fedora, exquisitely dressed, with a thin mustache.

OLMOS 9000:
Target acquired..

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Skull Knight said:
Let me ask, what's the excuse for the constant hollywood re-makes and yearly sequel/prequel superhero garbage that everyone eats up with a spoon then?

There's no excuse for that garbage. Hollywood has run out of ideas, but the world is still populated by idiots who go to see that kind of stuff. It won't change until people stop giving these whores money. I made a pact with my girlfriend at the beginning of the week when I heard about this news that unless there's a movie out that we really, really want to see and that looks like it could be a 4 or 5 star film, we won't be going to the theater, or renting it on video. It's not going to make a difference with just us, but if enough people let their dollar/euro/yen/pound/etc. do the talking, then one day these companies might get it through their fucking heads that people are tired of watching garbage and shelling out over $10.00 (not including drinks and snacks, or 3D) for it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Rhombaad said:
There's no excuse for that garbage. Hollywood has run out of ideas, but the world is still populated by idiots who go to see that kind of stuff. It won't change until people stop giving these whores money. I made a pact with my girlfriend at the beginning of the week when I heard about this news that unless there's a movie out that we really, really want to see and that looks like it could be a 4 or 5 star film, we won't be going to the theater, or renting it on video. It's not going to make a difference with just us, but if enough people let their dollar/euro/yen/pound/etc. do the talking, then one day these companies might get it through their fucking heads that people are tired of watching garbage and shelling out over $10.00 (not including drinks and snacks, or 3D) for it.

Viva la Revolución! :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skull Knight said:

People are idiots.

Top Bottom