Board games?

If anyone is interested, the expansion(s) to Zombicide will be going up on Kickstarter here shortly, most likely today as mentioned on Guillotine Games Facebook page.

They'll be having some early bird specials.

Link to the original Zombicide:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide?ref=users

Kickstarter is doing wonders for the Board Game scene right now. CMoN has raised a ton of money on previous projects:

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/coolminiornot/created

Recently played a Spartacus board game based on the TV series on Starz. Took a bit to know the rules but when you do, it's good fun scheming against other players and buy your way in/ out of a 1 on 1 fight in the arena at the end of each round. We were 4 players but there's an expansion that'll allow 6/7 I think. The player with the most 'influence' (12) wins. There are different ways to gain or lose influence like scheming with others to your mutual benefit but it could backfire with them ganging up on you if you're sort of winning by a bigger margin. Took about 2 and a half hours to finish starting from an influence of 5. I'd like to play the long format, starting from an influence of 1.

Just came across this thread (Deep Breath) ….

Settlers, Monopoly, Pandemic, Castle Panic, Munchkin, Space Hulk, Ticket to Ride, Small World, DnD Castle Ravenloft/Legend of Drzzt, Bang the dice game, Resistance Avalon, Love letter, One night Werewolf, Mascarade, Cyclades, Empires of the Void, Mice N Mystics, Cit of Remnants, Coup, Takenoko, Incan Gold, Earth Reborn, Zombicide, Carnivale Zombie, Zpocalypse, Smash up, Jamaica..(sucks in air)

These are just out of memory, my game room is really stacked. When I got back from overseas duty I slowly got into board games and it became a weekly thing with my family and then my friends. It was a really a good way to just spend time together with everyone and everyone loved the different games and types of games. Now I have 2 groups that meet up every week plus weekends with my nephews and niece. My Grandma is 84 and loves ticket to ride I never seen such a competition between her and my mom its hilarious. If anyone wants any recommendations or info I would be happy to share.

Since getting the Game of Thrones board game, my friends and I haven't gone back to Spartacus yet. We've been playing the second edition of the GOT game this year and it's pretty neat. The first few months we were actually playing it wrong like when do other plays play march/ raid orders or rules surrounding reconciling supplies. With the correct rules, it takes us about 2 hours to finish it. Playing with 4 players and above is fun.

Having played Pandemic twice now, it's a decent game with enough action and it's a bit different because it's the game against you or the players. So there's a bit of co-conspiring to try to beat the game. I find it a little boring because there's less of what you ideally want to do if everything is a group decision (ya know?).

Haven't played Monopoly since I was a teen and recently played + enjoyed it a lot. A friend was given the Stranger Things themed game and whatever you do, I recommend buying property at Steve's Pool. Every goddamn round a bunch of us would somehow land on that slot. Another hot target is buying any property that comes after Jail because anyone headed to Jail would hit those up again.

Scythe was a lot of fun to play because of it's depth. It's a bit of a slow burn in the beginning because you have to set the base for all your actions later on. Earning 'popularity' is key and the more you have, the more influence you have in the game. I like the strategic side of the game. Getting the rules right the first time was a bit of a task.

Top Bottom