Sammoniac's Eclipse

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Here is my Microsoft Paint drawing of the eclipse I did at work (sacrificing customer service). I did this without any models, so please don't try to recognize any apostles, because those don't exist :ganishka:
I certainly had to arm myself with Miura's patience, since drawing with a cheap mouse on a cheap software with a shitty monitor was quite a pain in the ass. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with the result.

eclipsexi.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really like it. My hat is off to you! I particularly dig the greyscale and hand-drawn effect. Even though the drawing comes across as sketchy because of the mouse, this is an advanced take on the Eclipse. The angle of this shot shows off three distinct levels of perspective. A very nice touch.

The only critique I have are that I think you sort of sold yourself short by making some elements of it comical, like the faces in the sky and the hand being a little crude. Wheras everything in the southern hemisphere looks fantastic and meticulous, the upper region looks a little more rushed.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, I really like this! Paint or no Paint, it's clear that you put a lot of effort into drawing this. There are so many little things going on, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of just sitting and staring. I'm especially fond of some of the apostle designs you included. That triceratops-ish one on the right is my favorite so far. :guts:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Thanks guys! It took me sevral hours to draw it, I didn't count though.

Walter said:
The only critique I have are that I think you sort of sold yourself short by making some elements of it comical, like the faces in the sky and the hand being a little crude. Wheras everything in the southern hemisphere looks fantastic and meticulous, the upper region looks a little more rushed.

I totally agree, I didn't spend as much time on the upper part as the lower part. I might fix this someday, although the sky, as cartoony as it is, took me a lot of time to do hehe.

SrCraneo said:
Wow... that's fascinating. It's really great, do you have moar? :troll:

I have more Paint drawings, but they aren't related to Berserk. I might do more, we never know. I'm planning on doing something more serious eventually, by hand.

Wow, it's really good! I think the cartoon look makes it even more unique, and it's still an awesome paint work. The apostle designs are also very cool :ubik:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
I always wondered if Guts will stab Femto at some point, and I felt like trying to portray how it could look like :badbone: Here's something I did the last 3 nights. Having the Idea of Evil in the background is just for the cool factor, because I doubt it could ever be possible that they fight right next to it in the Abyss :ganishka: The drawing's not perfect, but I'm pretty satisfied ! Also, I didn't have much time on my hands in the previous weeks, so my volume one recolor is dragging. I just felt like doing a little something different for now.

BerserkComplete13copy.jpg

Not too bad, Sammoniac. Especially the colors and light are pretty well drawn. However I don't think that either Guts' or Femto's facial expressions are appropriate for the action that's taking place. Guts looks as if he'd just woke up with a hangover, while Femto remains completely stoic and expressionless even as he's just been impaled with a Dragon Slayer. But other than that, good job :guts:

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Rodrigo said:
Not too bad, Sammoniac. Especially the colors and light are pretty well drawn. However I don't think that either Guts' or Femto's facial expressions are appropriate for the action that's taking place. Guts looks as if he'd just woke up with a hangover, while Femto remains completely stoic and expressionless even as he's just been impaled with a Dragon Slayer. But other than that, good job :guts:

I agree that the expressions may seem kind of inappropriate :ganishka: But I sort of wanted it to be that way. I didn't want to portray Guts killing Femto. I just thought that shoving the sword up Femto's guts (forgive the pun) won't be the way to kill him. Guts may have to use something else to do the job. That's why I portrayed the Dragon Slayer going through Femto's body as if it was no big deal for him. And guts is like 'Damn! What can I do against this guy?!'. Next, I plan on doing a massive drawing with all the main characters together.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Neat illustration Sam! I like how you captured a lot of detail in the background and in Guts's armor (which I've always had trouble with, personally). Gotta agree with Rodrigo about the expressions, but otherwise I think it came out nicely. Looking forward to the big group picture!

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Grail said:
Neat illustration Sam! I like how you captured a lot of detail in the background and in Guts's armor (which I've always had trouble with, personally). Gotta agree with Rodrigo about the expressions, but otherwise I think it came out nicely. Looking forward to the big group picture!

Thanks a lot for the comments :serpico:
Recently, I thought that putting some color on my old microsoft paint drawing would look cool.

The black and white version :

Eclipse_zps14d854d8.jpg

and the new colored version :

EclipseColor_zps02358c00.jpg

Hope you guys like it.. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Nice revisitation you've made here, Sam! I like the shading that you added, and the varying colors of the apostles really brings out each of the individual designs while still being consistent. :guts: One thing I would suggest would be to darken the floor of the foreground slightly so that it doesn't seem so far removed from the background, and maybe adjusting the lineart for the legs of the horses up in front. Otherwise, looking great!

Top Bottom