Spoiler vs Value

Spoiler vs Value

• Total voters

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Alright, apologies in advance if my writing here is confusing, since I had to write this over again since my computer rebooted on me while I was writing it :puck:

Anyways...Here's a question for all of you, its not a realistic one or meant to be taken seriously, more of a "What if" scenario.

Lets say someone who knew the rest of the story of Berserk all the way to the end of the series was to allow you to know the remaining plot, it would be by the word of mouth, but unfortunately no imagery or in depth subtext would be given, just all of the main stuff.

Would you accept despite the spoilers, or would you rather keep the surprise, and enjoy the story through the great quality of the illustrations and text? One answer may let you know the story immediately while the other is still the regular long waits we have between volumes.

I guess this ends up being a question if the quality is what you have priority for, or if what you have interest in, is just the story itself, regardless of how its told.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I can't imagine that anyone here would want to hear major spoilers on a series they've followed for years. But I do know some people who'd rather go into something without a lot of suspense over the ultimate outcome. For me, it's enough that Miura said the series wouldn't have a pessimistic"totally desperate" ending.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Honestly, if someone knew and they were standing right in front of me, I would say, "Fine, tell me." It would be hard not to.

But, I'm perfectly happy just sitting here, waiting.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I'll just stick to the current format. I wouldn't want to get the story ,and not be complimented by the great drawings Miura puts his effort for us to see.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I've been following this series since I was 14, so no spoilers plz.
Ditto on that. While I can't say that I wouldn't be tempted, a verbal explanation could never compare to watching the story unfold as it was meant to be experienced. :griffnotevil:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Grail said:
Ditto on that. While I can't say that I wouldn't be tempted, a verbal explanation could never compare to watching the story unfold as it was meant to be experienced. :griffnotevil:

That's like how I feel about things I don't care about (Gears of War 2 & 3), but wanted to know what happens.

Spoilers are tempting. But there is a difference between a spoiler for the next episode 2 days before release, and the entirety of the story laid out before you.
So no, I'd not want to know.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I've been following this series since I was 14, so no spoilers plz.
Seeing this comment i am wondering , how many years have you guys been reading Berserk ? I am guessing over 10.
I wouldn't want to hear the spoilers. It's Miura we are talking about, he sure has some great plots for the story, can't really wait to see the way he is going tell it. Seriously though, whenever i see one of the Admins posting about a new episode i feel like it's my birthday :)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Joe Chip said:
Seeing this comment i am wondering , how many years have you guys been reading Berserk ? I am guessing over 10.
I was 20 when I started.

Joe Chip said:
Seriously though, whenever i see one of the Admins posting about a new chapter i feel like it's my birthday :)
Once again it's "episode" not chapter.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Johnstantine said:
I would take the spoilers if Miura died, and only if (when) he dies (and it's not complete).

That brings up an interesting point, though I don't like the topic of Miura's death, ( I have faith in him, and Japanese life expectency is great ), but good point non the less, I'm sure I would settle with the spoilers too if Berserk was never to be completed.

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Johnstantine said:
I'd do the same for any series.

Dune being THE prime example.

Aye, same for me with Shenmue, 10 or so years, and no sequel to the cliffhanger in Shenmue 2, so I would settle with spoilers to it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I would rather wait as the story slowly unfolds over the next decade or two, episode by episode, than know anything about the upcoming plot or the ending.

Walter said:
For me, it's enough that Miura said the series wouldn't have a pessimistic"totally desperate" ending.

Really? I didn't know about this, where was this said, or discussed? I am really interested now :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RyoGTO said:
Really? I didn't know about this, where was this said, or discussed? I am really interested now :p
It was from one of the Miura interviews that's never been posted here. I believe it was Olivier Hague that first brought it to our attention. Possibly in the Berserk Illustrations File? I can't remember...

Update: I found Olivier's post, and I'm actually misquoting him. Olivier said: "He said it wouldn't be totally desperate." So, not "not pessimistic." There's a difference in wording there. My bad.

There are many interviews that we've never had a full translation of, and rely on others to repeat the information here.

I would want to read the story as told by Miura. Well actually, I would want the time machine so that I could purchase all the future volumes of Berserk and read them right now. Then I would buy the complete and faithful anime adaptation series of Berserk rendered in Blizzard style CG along with the deluxe jumbo sized Berserk volumes with interviews by Miura before I took the time to play the award winning, internationally released Berserk RPG trilogy. If, however, the story could never be completed, I would settle for an accurate summary.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I would rather know right away. Waiting for the books to come out is all fine and dandy but dead men/women read no Berserk :troll:. I could die a little easier knowing that I know the whole plot of Berserk. :ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I would rather know right away. Waiting for the books to come out is all fine and dandy but dead men/women read no Berserk :troll:. I could die a little easier knowing that I know the whole plot of Berserk. :ganishka:

As long as I remain in good health, I want no spoilers. If I'm suddenly told I have 6 months left to live, then please tell me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
As long as I remain in good health, I want no spoilers. If I'm suddenly told I have 6 months left to live, then please tell me.
If that's the case you should visit Japan yourself, hire a translator locally, then knock on Miura's door and tell him your story. Maybe you'd get a personal explanation? :daiba:

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Groovy Metal Fist said:
I would want to read the story as told by Miura. Well actually, I would want the time machine so that I could purchase all the future volumes of Berserk and read them right now. Then I would buy the complete and faithful anime adaptation series of Berserk rendered in Blizzard style CG along with the deluxe jumbo sized Berserk volumes with interviews by Miura before I took the time to play the award winning, internationally released Berserk RPG trilogy. If, however, the story could never be completed, I would settle for an accurate summary.

The idea of an RPG trilogy for Berserk just gave me hope I should never have in the first place. :troll:

Top Bottom