Berserk related gifts

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Since Christmas is nearby, what best Berserk gift have you ever given or received? Was there anything you made yourself, or tracked down to buy?

A friend of mine this holiday season, just bought me 16 volumes, he's got alot of money of course, and I'm just amazed, I will get him a gift back of course but the gift is unrelated.

I've bought two volumes for a local friend during a convention once, and I'm currently making a Beherit necklace for one of my relatives. *note the top gold part for the rope has been finished and I've improved the look just a tad bit, but I haven't taken a photo of it yet, so this is a bit of a beta picture*

http://oi40.tinypic.com/zna79t.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/dm2w49.jpg

Anyhow, let's hear about some Berserk gifts, :iva: if you haven't gotten any, or never got the chance to get any for anyone, then speak about any gifts you would love to get one day.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I've bought friends and family Berserk lots of times. It's something I really don't mind buying over and over, no matter how little money I have. At one point I got my girlfriend a subscription to Young Animal. I plan on renewing it once Berserk's return is announced. I also buy her her own copy of every volume that comes out, as they come out, Japanese and English. I have on multiple occasions given away huge chunks of my collection to various people and almost immediately built it back up again. If you ever want to own Berserk, just be my close friend or family and you'll probably end up getting it for free during Christmas or your birthday.

I'm fucking insane about this series. I feel as if it's something everybody should read. And again, if I could buy a copy of every volume for everyone in the world, I would do it twice.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Didn't know where else to put this so since it was a gift ...

I don't have a more clear image at this time but my dad made this for me for my birthday (minus the Guts figure obviously). It's made of wood and a pretty good size as you can see. It's like I have a giant Berserk idol in my room :guts:

turkitage

ターク
Pretty crafty dad. Has he actually read any of the manga or watched the anime? Or just knows you really like it and sculpted that?

Oburi

All praise Grail
He knows I really like it and he enjoys drawing and making things. I know he really digs the style and creature designs of Berserk so he often asks me for some material when he's in mood to do something. He may have read a few the books I lent him though. Either way its pretty cool that he can at least appriciate Berserk for many reasons because he knows it means a lot to me.

Oburi, that is absolutely fantastic! Your dad must be very cool, and very talented!

As for me, when I first started to read the manga, my husband bought me several volumes for Christmas and then a few more on the following Valentines Day. I loved the fact that most of my female friends received chocolate and flowers...and I got three volumes of one of the bloodiest, manliest manga of all time! My husband knows me so well :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fan-made shirt, using primarily art from the anime. But I'm that Femto comes from Volume 12.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My girlfriend bought me the beherit iPhone headphones port cover for my birthday last Monday.

140.jpg

Pocket lint often gets into the port, which can interfere with my headphones' playback, so it's both useful and cool looking. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grovel said:
First post for ages!

It was Fathers Day on Sunday and my 13 year old daughter made me a card ....

'Sup man. That card is very impressive... She's getting more talented as time goes by!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, that's great Grovel! This is the same daughter who made the bookmark for Miura? I have a feeling that she's going to grow up to be a very talented artist. :ubik:

Thanks from both myself and Leah for your great comments

Grail said:
This is the same daughter who made the bookmark for Miura?

Yes! (and although this is the wrong thread, wanted to mention your fathers day comic was awesome - bought a tear to my eye)

Top Bottom