Resident Evil 6

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
re6.jpg

Capcom released the first trailer today: http://youtu.be/BAQTv6la1DM

I like what I see, so far. Appears to be three separate stories. I won't say anymore until a few more people have a chance to see it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks pretty cool overall.

It seems it's trying to bring the S.T.A.R.S./Leon plots back together. Don't know who that (infected?) mercenary is though. Hunk? That'd be pretty cool. :guts: That being said I wonder where Jill and Sheva are (and my beloved ADA of course :carcus:). Also I couldn't help but laugh when Leon blurted out "Mister President!". Don't tell me that chick is Ashley, ugh.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Looks good so far.

Aazealh said:
Looks pretty cool overall.

It seems it's trying to bring the S.T.A.R.S./Leon plots back together. Don't know who that (infected?) mercenary is though. Hunk? That'd be pretty cool.
Agreed, however why am I worried that he also represents a potential cheesy side plot?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
Or maybe Alex Wesker? :slan:

Albert's son? :ganishka:

Nomad said:
Agreed, however why am I worried that he also represents a potential cheesy side plot?

Could be, but it didn't look too cheesy to me. I'm excited. =) I'm also downloading RE: Revelations' demo as we speak. :guts:

Oh, fuck me. :schierke: I'm a sucker for a new Resident Evil game. The game play looks a lot looser than RE:4 movement wise. Reminds me more of RE: DEAD AIM movement. So far, every main stream RE game Leon has been in has been gold and rejuvenating to the series. I'll be waiting to see!

My instant speculation has me wondering if the shaved Red head guy is Steve from RE:CV. I'm also wondering who the female who caused the outbreak is. Like maybe Ashley, whom was the presidents daughter. Ada who has always been claiming to be working for her own means. Oh! It could be altered Alexia again. J/K Note: I believe in Wesker Report I, Wesker claimed to recover the bodies of both Steve and Alexia.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
My instant speculation has me wondering if the shaved Red head guy is Steve from RE:CV.

Nah. However when I saw the giant mutated freak destroying everything in his path I instantly thought of Steve. But I never liked him. =/

Death May Die said:
I'm also wondering who the female who caused the outbreak is. Like maybe Ashley, whom was the presidents daughter.

It's what I thought as well. She's suitably whiny.

Death May Die said:
Note: I believe in Wesker Report I, Wesker claimed to recover the bodies of both Steve and Alexia.

We see him take Steve into the submarine, don't we? And yeah the report does mention him recovering Alexia.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
This would be awesome with more PARKOUR!

No seriously, it looks horrendous. RE:5 was the last nail in the coffin.

PARKOUR!

tumblr_lizgj7HtZi1qdvp4lo1_r1_500.gif

I forgot to praise zombies are in it! :ubik: However, it still gives me the feeling their trying to get best out of both Survival Horror and Modern Warfare worlds. Need a return to more horror aspects, especially after RE5. That maybe a lost cause at this point.

Death May Die said:
I forgot to praise zombies are in it! :ubik: However, it still gives me the feeling their trying to get best out of both Survival Horror and Modern Warfare worlds. Need a return to more horror aspects, especially after RE5. That maybe a lost cause at this point.

I feel the same way. 5 was definetly obnoxiously action oriented and light on the horror. I think its becoming harder and harder to make things scary these days though when everythings been done to death before. I miss the days of RE1 and 2 when you were actually.. ya know, exploring.

I was glad to see Leon and the zombies again, and for a brief moment, it looked like they were shifting back into horror mode... Then Chris showed up, ran through a crowd of people with an assault rifle, and got into a gunfight.

Why do you play with my heartstrings Capcom?

Miracles said:
I was glad to see Leon and the zombies again, and for a brief moment, it looked like they were shifting back into horror mode... Then Chris showed up, ran through a crowd of people with an assault rifle, and got into a gunfight.

Why do you play with my heartstrings Capcom?

I felt the exact same way about it. The first "half" looked fantastic. It looked like the game was returning to its horror roots. Not only do the graphics look amazing, but it looked like they were using them to create a truly scary atmosphere (for example, at ~0:57 when you see the shadows of zombies jumping around the wall of the tunnel). And then it quickly flew off into action land where people are having gunfights with soldiers, someone's having fisticuffs with a guy wearing clown face paint, and someone is jumping onto the top of an attack helicopter as it's going down.

I do like that they're bringing back the zombies though. I can't wait to see how they explain this outbreak. And the monsters look amazing (like the bandersnatch and whatever that "fat" zombie is called).

I just hope the game turns out to be one of the better ones in the series. I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4 (the two best games in the series, in my opinion). And Leon is my favorite character in the series. It'd break my heart (not really) if they ruined the character for me. But it seems like every other game in the series is the good one (2, 4, 6?) so it's time for Capcom to pay up, I guess.

No, his "brother" from the project Wesker... :ganishka:

Don't you just love how those fucks just jabbed that in there 3/4 through the game.

Spencer: "Oh Wesker you the best, all those other genetic clones sucked!"

Wesker: "Clones? I was manufactured!?"

Spencer: "Oh yes, didn't we mention that before? No? Well, surprise! You were manufactured! Now kill me, I'm the longest established mysterious character remaining in the game. There just isn't any room for that in the story anymore!"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Good Reverend Wyald said:
I just hope the game turns out to be one of the better ones in the series. I'm a huge fan of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4 (the two best games in the series, in my opinion). And Leon is my favorite character in the series. It'd break my heart (not really) if they ruined the character for me. But it seems like every other game in the series is the good one (2, 4, 6?) so it's time for Capcom to pay up, I guess.

Leon's still as much of a cheeseball as he's ever been to me (not that I don't love the guy, but I wish they didn't make him into this)... I'm more excited about Revelations if only because it stars Jill. :iva: Also I think you're quite unfair here. Resident Evil 1 & 3 are both awesome. To me the original "classic" series is RE 1, 2 and 3, and the unexpected rebirth is RE4. All other games in the series are inferior to those main ones.

No, his "brother" from the project Wesker... :ganishka:

Actually I believe it's his creator, the scientist who developed the project and named it after himself. The only successful subject from the Wesker project was Albert.

Death May Die said:
Don't you just love how those fucks just jabbed that in there 3/4 through the game.

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. I still blame CV for all of this. They should never have retconned his death in the first place. Sure, it was cool at first to see him as some sort of super villain, but it got ugly fast.

NightCrawler

RE3 is not in the same category as CV. It was too easy, stale, and had no atmosphere at all. I finished it in my second play, and nowadays have almost no recollection of the game. The only good thing about it was Jill (always prefer to play the girls in RE). For me it's all about 1, 2 and CV. If they kept the same aesthetic and gameplay of CV i'd still play RE. But 4 bored me to no end, i didn't felt any fear, or challenge. Played 5 at a friends house for a couple of hours and quit on the series right there. RE was about cinematic horror ambience, cheese and zombies. 3rd person perspective and a big emphasis on action ruined everything in the series.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
RE3 is not in the same category as CV. It was too easy, stale, and had no atmosphere at all. I finished it in my second play, and nowadays have almost no recollection of the game. The only good thing about it was Jill (always prefer to play the girls in RE). For me it's all about 1, 2 and CV.

You know we'll never agree on this. :slan:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea no way man. Resident Evil 3 is actually my favorite, or at least the one I have the fondest memories of. And how can you say it didn't have atmosphere? It felt the same the same as the second one to me. Unfortunately, I never finished Code Veronica, which is a huge regret I have. But it didn't engage me like the others when I was a kid. I was into the post apocalyptic setting I guess.

But this trailer looks decent. Is it a ps3 exclusive?

Oburi said:
Yea no way man. Resident Evil 3 is actually my favorite, or at least the one I have the fondest memories of. And how can you say it didn't have atmosphere? It felt the same the same as the second one to me. Unfortunately, I never finished Code Veronica, which is a huge regret I have. But it didn't engage me like the others when I was a kid. I was into the post apocalyptic setting I guess.

The first three episodes were the best in my opinion. I really miss the post-apocalyptic atmosphere of Resident Evil 2 & 3.

Oburi said:
But this trailer looks decent. Is it a ps3 exclusive?

One complaint about the trailer, I think that it shows too much things but well, that's Capcom so it's not surprising...
No, the game will also be released on Xbox 360.

NightCrawler

I just didn't felt that 3 was a complete game. It was more like RE2 with Jill. Still, i prefer it to 4 and 5 by far.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
NightCrawler said:
I just didn't felt that 3 was a complete game. It was more like RE2 with Jill.

That's precisely why I like the vibe in that game though. It felt like a gritty little side-story as opposed to CV's epic soap opera that went into Metal Gear Solid territory. I am still a CV proponent, and it's an interesting example of how the gameplay could have evolved more like the old games, but if it comes down to CV or RE4, I'd take 4 every day of the week. I'm not talking gameplay either, but everything else, and I feel like you're letting your own principles on the gameplay bias how you feel about the rest of the game, because CV is literally ridiculous compared to RE4 when it comes to environments, atmosphere, etc.

In case you think I'm just into the new gameplay, as far as RE5 goes, I completely agree with you and more. It was like everything bad about the series rolled into one. :ganishka:

Update: Just watched the RE6 trailer. Loved the first part (oooh, Leon! :casca:) but the rest looked like kind of a mess of "cool" stuff thrown together, and I'm inclined to believe that's probably representative of the game itself.

Considering that and all of the above on what makes a good RE game, I'm happy to be getting Revelations on the 3DS instead.

Where the fuck did this come from?! It looks awesome. Raccoon City all over again? Sign me up. Many things look promising in this trailer. Resident Evil 5 was, as everyone has said, too action oriented. Perhaps this will be a rejuvenation for the series. + Leon and Chris?! Nice. This was a nice treat as I doubt many of us were expecting RE 6 anytime soon or a whopping 3 minute trailer that's very impressive!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
After RE5, I would have liked a Leon&Jill or a Jill & Claire combo this time around. I"M stilll going to play it to see how good is it.

UPDATE: I beat the game yesterday my grade is 8/10. The game is good, not perfect but better than RE5 in my opinion. I liked the new set of monsters and designs of the environment. As Walter pointed out in the podcast, way too many QTEs. Vehicle chases were too much, I only liked the Jake motorcycle escape. The campaigns on their own were good, only when you had to do the same thing again on another campaign as they interacted with the other characters, that got old fast. I didn't like the cover and shoot option, didn't use it that much, melee attacks were useful, and so was your partner this time. Online play was also decent and it didn't lag at all. I liked Leon',Ada's,Jake's and Chri's campaigns in that order. If you are a resident evil fan, you have to play it.

Top Bottom