Project Horus

Hey, thought I'll do some shameless promotion :serpico: of the game I have been working on for a while now, and I'd love to share what I've been working on with you guys.

Project Horus

Project Horus is a 4 player coop third person game set in the future on planet Mars.
More in-depth details will be exposed gradually through the video logs.

Our team consists of 3 developers. mQe being the project lead as well as programmer/rigger/animator, while the rest (Birk and me) are currently providing placeholder models.
We've been developing the game on and off for 1½ year in our spare time. Over time the game has scaled down in size and complexity to a point where we now feel a final release can be achievable.

We have a couple of features developed and more are still under development.
Here are our first two vlog demonstrating some of the features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6g8fvfqdO0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msun_F6xzFg&feature=player_embedded

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap man, color me impressed! What struck me immediately in the video was the unique art direction you guys have chosen. It's obviously sort of sci fi but the landscape itself is barren and devoid of technology. That's not something you see very often, and I thought it was an inspired choice for the visuals. That's all enhanced by the subtle touch you've added to the perspective and radial blurring when you're moving the camera around. Really underlines the flat landscape.

I love co-op shooters, so I'll be excited to play this once it's in a playable form. :ubik:

Great thanks Fußball Superstar & Walter :guts:. I'm glad that you are liking it so far and especially the landscape, we definitely don't wanna cram it with too much technology as you said. There will eventually be added more "meat" to the surface of the planet later on but for now I won't spoil too much as we are still designing the "universe".

Walter said:
I love co-op shooters, so I'll be excited to play this once it's in a playable form. :ubik:

I'll make sure sk.net gets early playtesting when we get that far :ganishka:

Top Bottom