Why do apostles have human guards/soldiers working for them??

I've always wondered this. Most of the major of the apostles tend to have human guards/soldiers working for them. Wouldn't it make more sense to have apostle underlings serving them, since they would obviously be more stronger? Also, in the manga we're shown that apostles are bloodthirsty and have no respect for life, yet they don't seem to be very threatening to those working under them (unless it's Wyald, who was obviously crazy). Even Rochine turned her bodyguards into pseudo-apostles, rather than killing them outright once she turned into an apostle.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
The few apostles that were shown early on in the series, were trying to hide the fact that they were apostles. They also weren't as prevalent as they are now or even after the eclipse.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think they were rather ambivalent about revealing their true nature. The Snake Baron fluctuated between camouflaging and flaunting it. The Count was keeping it secret for Theresia's sake, but was otherwise brutal and sadistic. Wyald didn't hide that he was a monster, he just didn't reveal the extent of it. I think the common thread is that they wanted to enjoy the indulgences society had to offer like status, security, a hedonistic lifestyle, and terrorizing people the old fashioned way. To that end they still had to fit in somewhat, or else live like animals. It's not like human civilization doesn't appeal to Apostles, Ganishka was no less obsessed with his Empire and military power because he became an Apostle, so it goes for the others in their own way.

Slime_Beherit said:
They also weren't as prevalent as they are now or even after the eclipse.

Well, they were this prevalent before, we just didn't see them all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserkfan said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to have apostle underlings serving them, since they would obviously be more stronger?
I'm not quite sure I understand the fictional power structure you're proposing. Why would an apostle, a superhuman being, want to serve under another apostle, particularly in the manner that you're proposing? What would be the benefit? As super powered beings, they can already pretty much take what they want from humans. Anyway, from what we've seen of them, they seem like solitary creatures, unless there's an occultation ceremony nearby.

Also, in the manga we're shown that apostles are bloodthirsty and have no respect for life, yet they don't seem to be very threatening to those working under them (unless it's Wyald, who was obviously crazy). Even Rochine turned her bodyguards into pseudo-apostles, rather than killing them outright once she turned into an apostle.
Hahaha, apostles have good employment packages, you're saying? The Count infected Zondark with his essence and mutilated Vargas. Rochine is another example of a terrible boss. She essentially enslaved those guardians.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Griffith said:
I think they were rather ambivalent about revealing their true nature. I think the common thread is that they wanted to enjoy the indulgences society had to offer like status, security, a hedonistic lifestyle, and terrorizing people the old fashioned way.

That's what I would do if I was an apostle ... and I was evil.

Top Bottom