Time travel in Berserk?

Does time travel exist in the Berserk world?

If so...is it possible that TSK is someone we already know in the future?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Salibu said:

I doubt it very much. We know Skullknight is able to move through the layers thus distorting "time-space" (very not sure about that part and was not able to formulate it better than that). I don't think it has anything to do with time travel at all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Salibu said:

The notion has not been introduced at this point.

Salibu said:

Not really.

jackson_hurley said:
We know Skullknight is able to move through the layers thus distorting "time-space" (very not sure about that part and was not able to formulate it better than that).

The Skull Knight can move through different parts of the world by somehow cutting through them, but there's no evidence of a distortion of spacetime, a concept that hasn't been mentioned in Berserk so far.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
The Skull Knight can move through different parts of the world by somehow cutting through them, but there's no evidence of a distortion of spacetime, a concept that hasn't been mentioned in Berserk so far.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thank you for clarifying.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Well, Griff (the Admin, not the character) traveled to the future and came back with some pretty revealing information, as far as the Skull Knight is concerned. :troll:

Fun fact: For Berserk to reach volume 62 by the year 2020, Miura would have to produce at an approximate rate of 3 volumes a year, including this one.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Groovy Metal Fist said:
Fun fact: For Berserk to reach volume 62 by the year 2020, Miura would have to produce at an approximate rate of 3 volumes a year, including this one.

Yikes. Well, that's not going to happen. He'd have to seriously cut down on the quality of the series, and none of us want that.

But if he can cut through parts of the world...one would wonder if someone like him or Void can cut through time itself.

What I am getting at is...everyone seems so deadset on TSK being Gaiseric but could he be someone else from the future...like...Guts?

I know it seems insane, but it just seems like if hey can cut through current time, that maybe they can cut through time itself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's not that it's insane, it's that there is just utterly no precedent for anything time travel related in the series.

Salibu said:
could he be someone else from the future...like...Guts?
No. There is a mountain of proof against this concept.

Salibu said:
if hey can cut through current time
That is not what the Skull Knight does. He cuts through the layers of the world. Not time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Salibu said:
But if he can cut through parts of the world...one would wonder if someone like him or Void can cut through time itself.

Why? Also, please explain to me how the concept of slashing through "time" is supposed to work.

Salibu said:
What I am getting at is...everyone seems so deadset on TSK being Gaiseric

It's pretty clear that he is Gaiseric. And it's impossible that he would be Guts.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Thanks for the call back, Rhombaad! :ganishka:

Some scary stuff, like using the year 2018 (closer than we think) or that the God Hand will be defeated by volume 38! I guess at a certain point I won't be able to claim, "I ALWAYS expected the series to last this long." =)

Anyway, if it hasn't been said, there already is proof of Time Travel in Berserk... Guts and friends have been traveling into the future for years! :troll:

Kidding aside, as mentioned there's serious time-space potential with the Beherit Blade, and from a certain point of view, Griffith did (meta)physically time travel years from one ceremony to another. There have been more roundabout methods of time travel in science fiction than that. :griffnotevil:

Ultimately though, in the spirit of the question and time travel stories in general, obviously not.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
from a certain point of view, Griffith did (meta)physically time travel years from one ceremony to another.

I wouldn't call that time travel. Would be a misnomer.

Top Bottom