New Sailor Moon Animation in 2013

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013
The idol group Momoiro Clover Z, publisher Kodansha, and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Momoiro Clover Z made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Well, this is going to make Grail freakin' happy. Is Japan in nostalgia mode right now? New Kenshin, JoJo, Hunter x Hunter, Saint Seiya, Berserk( :puck: ), FF7 PC rerelease, and now we get this.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Bekul said:
Nostalgia, or creative bankruptcy? Your choice.

Why not both? Nostalgia is often abused as a means to profit in video games and anime. If you look at the average anime fan, this is the kind of thing they're begging for anyway. People still ask for a FFVII remake. :schierke:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Saephon said:
Why not both? Nostalgia is often abused as a means to profit in video games and anime.
In a lot more than just those. In any case, I can't speak for Sailor Moon, but JoJo, Kenshin, HxH, and Berserk all had incomplete or lackluster adaptations in the past, so there's a lot of room for something great and new to come out of their new projects. Of course we saw how that went with Berserk... :mozgus:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Gobolatula said:
I'm glad this isn't Sailor Moon Kai. I'm really looking forward to this one.
What I'm wondering is how close they'll be sticking to the manga, though. The pace is a lot faster than the anime's, so I curious to know if they'll stay close to the source material or introduce some new filler, if they're planning on reanimating the entire thing.

Dar Klink said:
Well, this is going to make Grail freakin' happy.
:guts: How did you know?!

Top Bottom