Possible Berserk World Map?

I was surfing around a Berserk tumblr today when I found something interesting. A member posted a bunch of pictures of Susumu Hirasawa and another guy hosting some sort of interview/promotion for the second Berserk movie. One of the pictures posted shows a pretty convincing looking map of what might be the world of Berserk. Does anyone have anything on this? I'll post the link, should be at the bottom of the page at the top left of the post.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/berserk?before=1340316058

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
No official map has ever been released. Unless you count Episode 305 :ganishka:

There are a variety of fan-made books about Berserk you can find on Amazon Japan. It's possible one of them contains an unofficial map. The problem is it's not authoritative, so it'd be making tons of guesses as to the relation of things.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JoeZeon said:
One of the pictures posted shows a pretty convincing looking map of what might be the world of Berserk. Does anyone have anything on this?

The world of Berserk, from what we're shown in episode 305, looks more like ours than this map does. Therefore I don't think it's convincing at all as far as representing the Berserk's world goes.

Aazealh said:
The world of Berserk, from what we're shown in episode 305, looks more like ours than this map does. Therefore I don't think it's convincing at all as far as representing the Berserk's world goes.

Yeah I got all hyped seeing the map and Hirasawa in the post, it was worth a try. But now that you've mentioned episode 305, I actually never noticed that you can kinda see what looks like Scandinavia from the air thanks Aazealh.

It's not much but this is as close to a map of the world of Berserk I can find.

tumblrlmh7zvgcps1qbm1xv.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:

Well thanks, but no one asked you for it. It's a fanciful effort not based on anything concrete, and therefore it has no value to us.

Aazealh said:
Well thanks, but no one asked you for it. It's a fanciful effort not based on anything concrete, and therefore it has no value to us.

I know nobody asked me for it, I just thought I'd provide something close to an accurate map anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
I know nobody asked me for it, I just thought I'd provide something close to an accurate map anyway.

It's not close to accurate at all. It's fan fiction that contradicts the manga.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:

Wow that map is a real piece of shit. So much for Midland being the "middle kingdom."

Also, Puck might want to get his Elf Sonar checked, because when they first set out from Godo's place to begin their journey to Skellig, they were closer than they've ever been. :ganishka:

Gotta agree with both Walter and Aazealh. This looks precisely like a fictional world map that was taken from some kind of Elric or Conan the Barbarian novels and just had Berserk placenames randomly photoshopped on it. :ganishka:
But yeah, aside from the fact that Midland is a landlocked nation and Kushan empire is a faraway Eastern country, there's next to nothing offered within the manga about the story's geographic locations of countries or specific events. I know that the Eclipse ceremony took place somewhere near the Midland's western borders, the Vritannis used to be a Kushan exclave prior to being conquered by the Holy See armies and that several Holy See's allied nations also share borders with the Kushan Empire to the East. But again, these (already meager) geographic hints are nowhere near the information required to create even a modestly accurate Berserk world map.

Bread Pak

I'm a llama!
Hi, ehm... if we see that the morphology of the world is like the real one (in an episode we see Europe, Great Britain, Arabian Peninsula and so on) why all the maps doesn't consider this?
Sorry for my bad english

Top Bottom