Weatherby's Berserk Comic Emporium - [56k safe][comics][old man wieners]

Grail

Feel the funk blast
It's nice to get a peek into your artistic process, Weatherby. Who knew! Do you drink a lot of coffee? :???:

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Oh, hello. It's been a while hasn't it. Like, a few years or something. That's embarrassing. Remember when I said I'd draw one of these for every volume? HA HA HA HA

Uh, anyway, I should explain. Drawing these isn't really the hard thing, I kind of scribble them out because they're just short little goofs. The hard thing is coming up with jokes, and I hit a wall HARD when I got to the Lost Children arc. I don't even know how I'm supposed to make light of that shit, it's profoundly bleak. I struggled to come up with anything and eventually chose to put these on the back burner for a bit until an idea struck me.

At the same time, I finally found the energy to pursue a project I had been wanting to tackle for some time. When I finished this project, I was understandably burnt out, and had no desire to continue drawing for quite some time. In the interim, I began building model kits like some kind of nerdlinger. Eventually, I started to find the motivation to draw again, began a new project, and then realized I had dropped a pretty major commitment to you all. Oopsie doodle doo. Oopsie doodle dumpskie whumpskies!

So I started reading Berserk again with the intention of making more of these. I planned to get 10 in the can before I showed my ugly mug around these parts to begin posting them, but it's been a while and I think I've only come up with like, seven. I still want to complete one for every chapter but, as I said, I'm not going to try to force anything. So here's two comics, and more are on their way soon:

http://i.imgur.com/FzYVInk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IbNtEUe.jpg

Big thanks to whoever reposted one of these on Reddit today. Seeing that is what prompted me to go ahead and start scanning what I had. You're all beautiful people. Hugs n kisses. Smooch smooch, mwah mwah.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
What a lovely surprise! Welcome back, sir!

Well, with regards to the art block, I definitely know how you feel. I'm glad you're taking another crack at it! These latest ones made me laugh out loud (I think this means you've still got it). :ganishka:

If there's one thing I know, it's that creativity isn't a consistent thing, but sticking to your commitments is admirable. I hope you keep it up and doodle a few more doodles for us. :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Haha, cheeky! :ganishka: Also, I like how you drew Guts's face, it looks like you've been making technical improvements to your style as well.

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Grail said:
Haha, cheeky! :ganishka: Also, I like how you drew Guts's face, it looks like you've been making technical improvements to your style as well.

Thank you! Though to be honest, a lot of these I just crammed into one long night of drawing, so they're all pretty rushed. This other thing I've been working on is much more slow paced and better detailed, though as always there's room for improvement. :)

Skeleton said:
Oh hell yes! It's great to see you back! Like the sea captain's widow who now and then looks out at the ocean wondering if her husband will return, I'd reread this thread every few months wishing the good times hadn't ended.

Weatherby's Berserk Comics are on hiatus and will return early 2017!

Top Bottom