Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 22

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 22 (10/14/2012): Griffith (1)

SKNet's admins discuss Berserk episode 331 and what makes Griffith such an intriguing character. Also, learn the qualities of a buffalo, choose between Dr. Grant or a raptor, scare your coworkers with squirt guns and jam with Memo.

Podcast Notes:
0:01:00—Episode 331
0:31:14—Griffith (Part 1)
1:19:16—Video Games: Cave Story, Diablo 3, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 6, Smite
1:49:27—Member questions
Total time—2:07:54

On the next episode of the show, we'll review the presumed Berserk Episode 332 and dive into the second part of our Griffith conversation. If you have questions for the next show, toss them in the official Podcast Q&A Thread!

Subscribe to our show through iTunes or any other Podcast program by linking to http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml . Here are some visual instructions on how to do it in iTunes manually: CLICK

I recently sorted out some problems with Apple on the podcast RSS feed. So if you were having issues with it before, they are now resolved. Apple's standards didn't like me spelling September like this: "Sept." They wanted "Sep." ... Yeah.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
"Chicks dig it when you say you don't care about anybody." - Griffith

This was another one of my favorite podcasts you've guys done. Great job.

I want to work with Aaz at his company.

Great podcast, and I think this one is even better than the one you guys did one Skull Knight :ubik:

Strangely enough, however vague Miura has presented him in episode 331, the King of the Flower Storm's appearance looks almost like how I'd envisioned him - a large elf, with wide-spanning wings. I wonder what he can do for Guts' condition, though. This new episode illustrates how in his case, the Berserker Armor causes far more damage to his senses and nervous system than it does to the bones, organs and muscles in his body. His uncontrollably trembling hand and his vision being shot, it almost reminds me of the early symptoms of multiple sclerosis :magni:

And I must apologize for the confusion that my username has caused, Walter. So that's why I will ahead and just use my first name from now on, instead of "Rodrigo" :ganishka:

Gotta say this was one of the best podcast's you guys have done, looking forward to the next one!!

I just wanted to chime in on the topic of Serpico's stare. During Serpico's duel with Guts in Vol 30, Serpico has this idea that at some point Farnese will be killed by Guts unless he separates the two. I wonder if Serpico at some level still believes that. Though of course as Aaz mentioned, its difficult to get a read on him.

Herbert said:
And I must apologize for the confusion that my username has caused, Walter. So that's why I to go ahead and just use my first name from now on, instead of "Rodrigo" :ganishka:

Way to take one for the team!!! :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the praise guys. I wish I had mentioned the Farnese thing during the show though. There were actually a few things I just forgot to talk about... including me and Aaz playing Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2 last week. :sad:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Nice podcast. Griffith is sure to have many "haters" out there, but he is a complex character and deserves more than just "hate". I like that cave story information, didn't know there were so many different ones. I finished RE 6, it's a good game, better than RE5. Yes, it has it's lows, but it's not horrendous. Buffalo :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
There were actually a few things I just forgot to talk about... including me and Aaz playing Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2 last week. :sad:

I almost brought it up but figured you didn't want to for some reason.

Walter said:
Thanks for the praise guys. I wish I had mentioned the Farnese thing during the show though. There were actually a few things I just forgot to talk about... including me and Aaz playing Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2 last week. :sad:

It would've been awesome to hear you guys talk about Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2. What did you guys think of them? Back when I was knee-high to a grasshopper Streets of Rage 2 was pretty much the only game I ever played. I thought the soundtrack from that game was pretty good, especially the music from the Bar level.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Good Reverend Skeleton said:
It would've been awesome to hear you guys talk about Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2. What did you guys think of them?
Streets of Rage 2 is among my favorite childhood games. I wasn't too into Double Dragon 2 as a kid, but Aaz was. So replaying them both was interesting. I think we actually had more fun and laughs with Double Dragon 2, particularly after a connection failure, and we restarted in B-MODE—ended up beating each other up with rising knees instead of attacking the enemy. :ganishka:

Walter said:
Streets of Rage 2 is among my favorite childhood games. I wasn't too into Double Dragon 2 as a kid, but Aaz was. So replaying them both was interesting. I think we actually had more fun and laughs with Double Dragon 2, particularly after a connection failure, and we restarted in B-MODE—ended up beating each other up with rising knees instead of attacking the enemy. :ganishka:

:ganishka:

It's good to see someone else liked Streets of Rage 2 as much as I did. Now I'm going to have to dig out my old game and give it a go again.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Good Reverend Skeleton said:
It would've been awesome to hear you guys talk about Double Dragon 2 and Streets of Rage 2. What did you guys think of them?

No change from what I thought before: they're awesome.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Awesome Podcast guys! always a pleasure. :ubik: That Pink squirt gun story made my day. :ganishka:

20090626032522_thumb.jpg

First of all I would like to thank you guys for making this and many other podcasts. I have learned a lot by hearing your different perspectives and thoughts on the series.

It's nice that you guys mentioned the contradiction of Griffith's dialogue about friendship with Charlotte on the stairs back on the Golden Age arc. I was thinking along the same lines while re-reading that arc some time ago. It were those words that ignited lots of important developments in the story, which ultimately led to Griffith's downfall.

Well, I blame that mostly on the noble literature bullshit that he was reading back then. There was even a kama-sutra book that he showed to Guts there. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Arvin said:
Well, I blame that mostly on the noble literature bullshit that he was reading back then.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. It was Griffith's fault.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Arvin said:
First of all I would like to thank you guys for making this and many other podcasts. I have learned a lot by hearing your different perspectives and thoughts on the series.

It's nice that you guys mentioned the contradiction of Griffith's dialogue about friendship with Charlotte on the stairs back on the Golden Age arc. I was thinking along the same lines while re-reading that arc some time ago. It were those words that ignited lots of important developments in the story, which ultimately led to Griffith's downfall.

Well, I blame that mostly on the noble literature bullshit that he was reading back then. There was even a kama-sutra book that he showed to Guts there. :ganishka:
Thanks, you should listen to Ep 23 to continue the discussion on Griffith. I think we hit on some neat points in that one, sometimes by accident.

Top Bottom