World Tree Merger Speculation

Oh man Its been a while since I've posted (so consider this my first real post). Just reading over the series for the third time, I've had an interesting thought:

The world has changed thanks to the Tree of Light/World Tree. Falconia being the safe haven for humanity Griffith being its savior.
Now when Ganishka was first going through his transformation he says that he went into Hell/Abyss and absorbed everything. Clearly Femto used the sword strike of Skull Knight; he planned to open this portal and release the evils onto the human world/ Merge the worlds. My theory is that Griffith did so to further his position as the savior of mankind, using Falconia as a safe haven (I'm sure its something that's been said before).

However this is where it gets interesting to me, The Abyss contains the Idea of Evil and the God Hand. We at least see the God Hand right after the merger, perhaps then manifesting them in this world. If that's the case the perhaps he did so not only to further his position in the minds of the humans and the apostles, but maybe he truly wants to rule everything (THE WORLD). To gain control over everything he would have to overthrow the God Hand himself. Its certainly not out of character for him and if time can be seen as a spiral perhaps this is is something that's happened similarly in the past.

Any thoughts on this, Impossible?Unlikely? I'm curious to see if others came to a conclusion similar to this.

Femto is the God Hand king, so I don't really seeing such being of interest to him unless one of the other members try to defy his will. Griffith seems pretty set on raising his own kingdom. Now say if the Idea of Evil/ or some higher being came into play, and demanded Griffiths kingdom as unlikely that maybe I don't see that going down well either. Again, I see it as little interest to Griffith to wage war against his God Hand allies unless it purely to entertain themselves. I don't see the God Hand working against each other. I do wonder how the God Hand would react if they new that a portion of Femto/Griffith was the Moonlight Child. I'm sure Griffith considers such a weak point, as may his fellow God Hand members. Even that notion is speculation.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
You forget that Femto, along with the other 4 God Hand members, all essentially serve the will of The Idea of Evil. They all seem to enjoy doing their own thing, but I highly doubt they would get in each other's way. They're all working for the same boss.

I don't think there's a great amount of camaraderie between them, but they probably wouldn't butt heads.

Griffith's dream has been dead for a long time now and replaced with Femto's evil plan that just so happens to include getting his own kingdom. All the recent events are all part of a greater scheme.

It's kind of like how the apostles never really get what they ask for. Rochine didn't exactly become an elf, did she? She became a fucked up, twisted version of an elf queen.

Walter said:
What are you talking about ... ?

My impressions were that Femto is indeed considered as King/leader of the god hand? Is this not accurate? I had to pull out my Volume 12 to double check. I remembered the God Hand referring to him as king. Which the DH translation uses the phrase "king of longing." Also, I'm going off the notion that Griffith had the Crimson Behelit, the Egg of the King which qualifies him as a God Hand member. I thought it also meant he was their long waited King, even onto the God Hand. But now that I read Volume 12, I see Griffith is referred to as "kinsmen" by his fellow God Hand members. So, sorry to through you through a loop.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Frankontherocks said:
My theory is that Griffith did so to further his position as the savior of mankind, using Falconia as a safe haven

That's a mistake in your reasoning. Acting like the savior of mankind is just that, an act. It serves an ulterior goal we're not yet aware of. But Femto didn't provoke the merging of the worlds just so he could be more of a hero to the people. Rather, all the conflict against the Kushans and the triumphant return of Griffith as an otherworldly, unstoppable savior was carefully engineered by the Idea of Evil for a single purpose: to lead Ganishka to do what he did. Which is to absorb a huge amount of "evil" and bring it back with him into the world. That was what it was about all along. That's what they (Griffith, the God Hand, their master) wanted. Ganishka was played like a fool, as were all the others.

Frankontherocks said:
However this is where it gets interesting to me, The Abyss contains the Idea of Evil and the God Hand. We at least see the God Hand right after the merger, perhaps then manifesting them in this world. If that's the case the perhaps he did so not only to further his position in the minds of the humans and the apostles, but maybe he truly wants to rule everything (THE WORLD). To gain control over everything he would have to overthrow the God Hand himself. Its certainly not out of character for him and if time can be seen as a spiral perhaps this is is something that's happened similarly in the past.

Nah, you're not looking at it correctly. Like Gobs said, the God Hand may be each doing whatever they want, but they're part of a "team" of sorts. They serve the same master. He didn't bring the God Hand into the world in order to try to dominate them. He did it because he was their vanguard, and his goal was to bring his friends along with him so that their plans could come to fruition. And I don't think Ganishka absorbed the Abyss itself, he just took as much power as he could, and when it was unleashed onto the world, it melted away the barriers that held the astral back from the corporeal.

Death May Die said:
My impressions were that Femto is indeed considered as King/leader of the god hand? Is this not accurate?

No, it's definitely not accurate. If anyone acts as a kind of "leader", it's rather Void.

Death May Die said:
I remembered the God Hand referring to him as king. Which the DH translation uses the phrase "king of longing."

Have you ever heard of context? Femto's not being referred to as the king of the God Hand there.

Death May Die said:
Also, I'm going off the notion that Griffith had the Crimson Beherit, the Egg of the King which qualifies him as a God Hand member.

It qualifies him as a member of the God Hand, yes. A member. Each of them has likely possessed the same beherit in turn.

About the Crimson beherit, do we have any idea of where it could be now? Not sure if it is important or not, it just struck me as it is.

Oh, btw, my first post here, so Hello to everybody!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Urosh said:
About the Crimson beherit, do we have any idea of where it could be now? Not sure if it is important or not, it just struck me as it is.

Nope. Maybe it went back to its true master, maybe it's laying around somewhere, waiting for a time when it might be of use again. Who knows.

Urosh said:
Oh, btw, my first post here, so Hello to everybody!

Hey there! Welcome!

That's a mistake in your reasoning. Acting like the savior of mankind is just that, an act. It serves an ulterior goal we're not yet aware of. But Femto didn't provoke the merging of the worlds just so he could be more of a hero to the people. Rather, all the conflict against the Kushans and the triumphant return of Griffith as an otherworldly, unstoppable savior was carefully engineered by the Idea of Evil for a single purpose: to lead Ganishka to do what he did. Which is to absorb a huge amount of "evil" and bring it back with him into the world. That was what it was about all along. That's what they (Griffith, the God Hand, their master) wanted. Ganishka was played like a fool, as were all the others.

I see your point here. I suppose I was trying to put to reason why it was Griffith is massing all of these people.I don't want to go with the mass sacrifice theory because it seems like a lot of work building himself up to the world, when we the reader know that hes got bad intentions. I suppose its all in the air regardless because there's this looming plan for the world. I think it would be interesting to see some kind of downfall similar to Gaiseric's kingdom and now that we have a 'United' Kingdom I saw some parallels to draw. If you comply with the idea that Void is a constant in the God Hand and the other members rotate, Void could of been reborn at the time of Gaserics fall. It could of been similar to how Griffith was reborn with a kingdom falling soon after. Maybe grasping at straws. Its going to be something big and I cant see guts going from God Hand to God Hand taking them down one by one. Miura is a better writer to fall into that trope so I'm curious to see if he'll even fight anyone other then Slan in some shape or form.

EDIT: Just having read from the lost chapter to get a better grasp on the idea. I read this:

Your desire is my desire as well
Your actions themselves shall prove to be suitable for your kind as a whole
May those actions bring pain or salvation to the men

That salvation line leaves me very curious to see where this all goes..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Frankontherocks said:
I suppose I was trying to put to reason why it was Griffith is massing all of these people.I don't want to go with the mass sacrifice theory because it seems like a lot of work building himself up to the world, when we the reader know that hes got bad intentions. I suppose its all in the air regardless because there's this looming plan for the world.

Yeah for now it's hard to guess what's really going on because the possibilities are just limitless. But I don't go for a mass murder either. It wouldn't make much sense.

Frankontherocks said:
If you comply with the idea that Void is a constant in the God Hand and the other members rotate

Hmm, I don't know about that; we don't have any evidence for it.

Frankontherocks said:
I cant see guts going from God Hand to God Hand taking them down one by one.

Yeah, that doesn't seem too likely to me either. Not that I'd mind though, would certainly be entertaining to see.

Frankontherocks said:
EDIT: Just having read from the lost chapter to get a better grasp on the idea. I read this:

[...]

That salvation line leaves me very curious to see where this all goes..

Well, keep in mind it's the "Idea of Evil", so its concept of salvation may not be the same as that of the average person. And the Lost Episode was removed from the story anyway, so everything in it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Only true until proven otherwise by the rest of the story.

Yeah, that doesn't seem too likely to me either. Not that I'd mind though, would certainly be entertaining to see.

I never expected Guts to fight Slan, and it did make for an amazing series of episodes. I think that Skull Knight is going to take down the next member personally. I'm sure everyone is eager to see his reactions to the new world, and I'm curious if he will be more ambitious in his pursuit now that they may be more accessible.

Well, keep in mind it's the "Idea of Evil", so its concept of salvation may not be the same as that of the average person. And the Lost Episode was removed from the story anyway, so everything in it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Only true until proven otherwise by the rest of the story.

Very very true. Though it's hard for me to think of a salvation it might suggest that is devoid of pain. It is too abstract to try and make sense of at this point especially with the amount of salt I give it.

Aazealh said:
Nope. Maybe it went back to its true master, maybe it's laying around somewhere, waiting for a time when it might be of use again. Who knows.

Hey there! Welcome!

I wonder if somehow the crimson behelit, if put into the right hands, could be used has a weapon against the god hand someday.

I wonder if somehow the crimson Beherit, if put into the right hands, could be used has a weapon against the god hand someday.

How about SK returning on the place where the Eclipse occured to get the Crimson Beherit? I wonder if there's a connection with the sword he uses for the attack on Femto.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Urosh said:
How about SK returning on the place where the Eclipse occured to get the Crimson Beherit? I wonder if there's a connection with the sword he uses for the attack on Femto.

I don't think SK did that. We'd have seen it if he had. And we're never shown where the beherit ended up, but it might not have even returned to the corporeal world when the Occultation ceremony ended. As for his beherit sword technique, it uses beherits he's ingested (which we see him do several times), but those are "normal" beherits.

Top Bottom