Metal Gear Solid V Officially Announced

I cannot wait to be finished with this game. The mission progression was going absolutely fine until they began FORCING me to replay earlier story missions on a higher difficulty. It completely KILLS the pace of the story. These aren't even tweaked story-wise. I could see going back to a particular location yet again to retrieve a file or something. It's infuriating. On Mission 40, things are getting interesting, SUDDENLY I'M REPLAYING MISSION 13! :mozgus:

The
big twist
makes me want to puke. It's so lame.
Don't even start with that breaking of the 4th wall nonsense. It'd be FINE if I happened to be a tertiary character, but COME ON. I'm SNAKE AND SNAKE IS ME. TWO BIG BOSSES?!
. Please...

Why the FUCK is Snake SOOOOOOO quiet!? Why did they give Hayter the boot for Sutherland who barely says anything!?

Mother Base is obnoxiously too big. It's a waste, as is most of the world they went out of their way to build. Pequod drops you off and then most of the time after that you're running TO the mission. Whyyyyyyy?

Being a fan since the Metal Gear Solid on PS, I'm beyond let down. I want to be done.

Also, cassette tapes...

:rickert:

To be fair, I'm not finished with it yet. It may do something that is pure genius by the end. I really doubt it though.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Proj2501 said:
Mother Base is obnoxiously too big. It's a waste, as is most of the world they went out of their way to build. Pequod drops you off and then most of the time after that you're running TO the mission. Whyyyyyyy?

Being a fan since the Metal Gear Solid on PS, I'm beyond let down. I want to be done.

So, perhaps I was wise not to drop $60 on this right away? It would be funny if Ground Zeroes was actually better for being so short and focused, "We cut out all the time-wasting elements fans have come to love, so you'll need to pay extra for that!" Phantom Pain indeed.

I have to admit, articles like this made me long to play it, but I also determined this was probably more a fan creation than intentional, but still, almost guaranteed to be cooler than whatever Hideous story beats Kojima has in store for me (I'm just going to start calling him Hideous Kojima =).

BTW, when I quoted your post all you spoilers were obviously revealed to me and I had to half cover my eyes and delete them before replying. :ganishka: Whew.
azansalute.gif

... For players, to really appreciate Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom; they need to play Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker. When Metal Gear Solid 5 was released in 2010 it was described as "The Missing Link" connecting The Big Boss era to that of Solid Snake. And it has been just that unfortunately not many expected that Metal Gear Solid 5 would be a segmented project.
With Peace Walker we were introduced to base-management of Outer-Heaven your very own Military Nation State that you are responsible for the expansion and care of : from gathering new soldiers , weapon development , and sending soldiers on missions while you are out in the field yourself completing the games main campaign. But what about the story and characters as all that other stuff sounds great.

... Well okay then onto the story. Metal Gear Solid 5's story is told in two parts across 2 games Peace Walker & The Phantom Pain. But wait what about Ground Zeroes. Ground Zeroes is the Epilogue to Peace Walker. Huh? Peace Walker has a Prologue & 5 Chapters but no Epilogue now you know why as Ground Zeroes wasn't released until 2014. Kept you waiting, huh.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I've loved every second of this game. The series itself evolved a ton with the open gameplay.

Also, Sutherland kills it as Big Boss.

Griffith said:
So, perhaps I was wise not to drop $60 on this right away? It would be funny if Ground Zeroes was actually better for being so short and focused, "We cut out all the time-wasting elements fans have come to love, so you'll need to pay extra for that!" Phantom Pain indeed.

As I'm sure you can tell from the lack of variety in opinion, it's a love it or hate it game. I love it when I start it up and within 30 minutes I don't want to play anymore. A fantastic production executed terribly in my opinion. You could love it, but I really don't understand the hype behind this one. Gonna take a long time to force myself through it. Just from my experience I'd put this behind witcher 3, bloodborne, and even batman this year. I never had to debate whether I was having a good time with those. Metal gear often times reminds of zelda. I read how amazing these games are and then I scratch my head at the near flawless reviews and think maybe there's a fix going on.

Do you like far cry? If so, prepare your body for capture the outpost, super edition. Within 10 missions I have seen the exact same layout 3 times with the hostage I need to rescue (and you'll rescue them over and over) moved to a different room. Mind you, this isn't the same place on the map. Just the same damn outpost design. Its stuff like that which I call lazy.

All of this somehow earns a perfect 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houDtgBNPCA
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjdU7PUROM

...Metal Gear Solid 5 has a ton of story split between Peace Walker & The Phantom Pain

* Main Campaign: 7 1/2 Hours
* Cassette Tapes: 16 Hours 34 Minutes

...But Peace Walker has nothing to do with The Phantom Pain. That is where you are wrong
Peace Walker like Snake Eater were the lead-ins for everything to come. Peace Walker was about The Rise and Fall of Outer Heaven. It was about The Patriot organization tinkering around with AI research that would lead to The Patriot AI Network but mainly it was about the people directly responsible for locking the world in an endless cycle that would span decades.
The Phantom Pain while a story of revenge its also about how these characters and organizations ended up exactly where they are supposed to be.

Think about it. The Phantom Big Boss winds up relocating Outer Heaven to the Nuclear Test Site in South Africa. Big Boss is building Zanzibar Land while also positioning himself somewhere within the US military with a new face and ID. Ocelot is siding with Big Boss. Miller is siding with The Phantom & The Sons against Big Boss. The Patriots original leadership is in shambles and its new leadership is an all-seeing all-knowing AI.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Will the PS4 even... be a thing by the time another Kojima game is ready? His development time stretches from 5-6 years, historically.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Andrew House looks like a 5 year old who's meeting Santa at the mall. So excited he can barely keep his shit together.

How about Kojima; do you think he intentionally went with the "recently freed POW" look? :ganishka:

Walter said:
Will the PS4 even... be a thing by the time another Kojima game is ready? His development time stretches from 5-6 years, historically.

Backup plan: apparently also coming to PC! :ubik:

Top Bottom