Berserk behelit sculpt

Been a loooong time since I've posted anything on this forum. Mostly just lurk to check up on chapters and merchandise. But anyways, I started up sculpting again, something I've done on and off for a number of years, just started taking it seriously again. I started on a Mozgus statue I don't even know how long ago that never got completed(military service does that to you). But besides that, I never sculpted anything Berserk related. So I figured why not try out a from scratch behelit? I figure I'd share the outcome. Well, here is the result:

berserk_behelit_ready_to_cast_by_so_full_of_stars-d6kvxut.jpg

berserk_behelit_finished_by_so_full_of_stars-d6lor2j.jpg

You can check out some more WIP shots on my deviant art page as well for those who are interested. Thanks.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: Berserk Beherit sculpt

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing ixupi! I like how you were able to get so much detail into the nose. The "clasp" up at the top feels very realistic as well - overall it feels very proportional, which is kind of hard to do with a beherit (at least I imagine so :ganishka: ).

The original was sculpt in a wax based clay known as Castilene. It's pretty hard stuff in it's hardest grade and softens under heat. This opens up a lot of possibilities but makes work slower. The bright side is super crisp detail and a medium you can sand. It also helps to have a wax pen to work with the material. I just used a picture of an egg as reference for proportions and scaled it to behelit references. I wanted to try and make it really look like the clasp was digging into the material. Which, I guess was sort of a success?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Looks very nice, very faithful too. You should make a green one too! :guts:

But remember, they aren't all the same. The way the eyes, nose, mouth are set varies in each beherit! :slan:

Aazealh said:
Looks very nice, very faithful too. You should make a green one too! :guts:

But remember, they aren't all the same. The way the eyes, nose, mouth are set varies in each beherit! :slan:

True, and if you want to pay for the cost of the silicone it takes, I will be sure to fix that haha! I actually went to make the green one today, but I realized I ran out of green paint. So blue trumped it. I was thinking of doing some with silver fittings as well for variety.

Top Bottom