How long does it take to read a Berserk volume?

How long does it take you on average to read a volume of Berserk? I feel like it takes me 3 or 4 hours per volume or more ... (sort of like basking in the sun all afternoon on a hammock and you don't want to leave hah! :farnese:).

Some volumes I take longer to read and finish, especially volumes 28 through 34 or even the Conviction Arc as a whole. It's hard to describe, every time I read a volume again, it gets better and my love for the dialog or the story or the art grows each time.

It's been easier for me after I got caught up because it allowed me more time to focus on episodes rather than focusing on a volume. Maybe it's just me but in comparison to 34 and prior, 35 felt like a quicker read (maybe due to the
Sea God battle
).

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
For me it varies. Sometimes I just reread the story semi-quickly only for the story as of sometimes I can stay on one page for 10minutes or more and then skip a few pages just to look at this panel or that panel. But most of the times I'm doing the big thing, which is essentially a long reading/observing. Sometimes I will read a part of conversation 2 or 3 times before I move on..

1 1/2 hours on my first time reading it, i did this a bit too fast. Wanted to read through it all like as if it were a damn contest, lol
Friend of mine is now doing it quite different, just one volume per week, told him about this long hiatus and now he is afraid of reaching the limit :magni:

IncantatioN said:
How long does it take you on average to read a volume of Berserk? I feel like it takes me 3 or 4 hours per volume or more

Hehe I´ve never been brave enough to admit it to anyone cause they´d probably think Im retarded or something but yeah, I take about that long too. But Im always a bit torn whether I should try to go faster because I usually wanna read a whole chapter or even an arc in one go, so maybe you could see how that´d be a problem :iva:

And then occasionally I get stuck and just stare at a page for too goddamn long and it almost put me out of the moment/story.

every time I read a volume again, it gets better and my love for the dialog or the story or the art grows each time.

Definitely agree there, though I´ve always been frightened that that wonderful concept would stop at some point when reading it too frequently, so Im trying to read it as seldom as I possibly can. I know I sound like a total wimp :ganishka:

Chosen Immortal

Blood & guts & Guts & God-Hand
The earlier volumes took me about 1-3 hours max to read. After the Conviction arc though, things got so crazy that from then on its been taking me a day or so of reading to finish. Especially with magic being a thing now :schierke:

Also, you just gotta savor that Miura art style.. I heard about the hiatus I'm almost sad to finish it ;/

Top Bottom