[AOW] Berserk - The Tentacle Ship 2013

They posted this on their FB page

600878_453964484724649_865912012_n.jpg

Re: AOW - new statue coming out in Nov

I've been gone for a bit, but I had to comment on this one!

Yeah, it's another Guts statue, but the thing that is SUPER EXCITING about this one is this:

Coming Soon in November!
Size: H54cmxW32cmxL34cm (Non Scale)

The model is under supervision of Hakusensha now.
This time Mr. Miura has supervised the face and helmet expression himself!
We ourselves cannot wait to see the finished one.
The pictures of the uncolored model will be opened on our Facebook page soon.
This will be the most exciting item in ART OF WAR, 2013.

*Pre-order will start around the third week of November.

That right there is reason enough for me to buy it. I've sent many emails to AOW about how we are all so disappointed with the faces on their statues, and that they should try and work with Miura on the face, just like how they got Oku's approval on the latest Gantz statue (which is ten times better than their first Gantz statue). So, I'm really thrilled they decided to do it, and I'm happy Miura agreed to help too. Can't wait for this.

Fact that Miura checked it out is awesome! Can't wait to see this in all color.

Just figured out the base, looks a lot like this -

458d9eca-52ce-46b8-a439-8f4b8a8e333d_zps1ac52cec.jpg

1de21c5a-be89-4d3b-b946-bd821bc3174a_zps1212c91b.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

It's pretty cool that Miura worked on the head, though with the helmet on I don't think the face matters too much in this case. In fact it's not supposed to be visible at all in this scene (covered by the black fluid from the armor).

IncantatioN said:
Just figured out the base, looks a lot like this

It's clearly what it is...

sovel said:
hmmm pretty impressive, hope for reasonable price and then BIN :)

Considering how gigantic it is (54 cm!), there's a chance this could be one of the most expensive pieces they've ever done. I think it's going to be about the same scale as 20th anniversary model, so I'm expecting this one to be atleast 90 000 Yen.

It looks great, can't wait to see the reveal. 2013 so far has a couple of new pieces - I like this development.

Liad said:
Considering how gigantic it is (54 cm!), there's a chance this could be one of the most expensive pieces they've ever done. I think it's going to be about the same scale as 20th anniversary model, so I'm expecting this one to be atleast 90 000 Yen.

It looks great, can't wait to see the reveal. 2013 so far has a couple of new pieces - I like this development.

you have right, 90000yen is close but, maybe AoW open their eyes. I love berserk but not with this price, why is their statue expensive? For now, I looking to movie statue from sideshow, premium scale figure all about 45-60 cm, price around 350-400 USD. I think they pay for licensing rights too and still 400 USD/pcs and limited ... I have few SSC statue and this statue deserves this price one single USD, so sad AoW :(

Still hope for good price ...

I was just about to get the "Armored Berserk and Fire Dragon" and/or the Headlong version at YJA but since this is almost the same pose and quite a lot bigger I guess Im gonna have to wait and see here.

andrewdsz said:
I'm really going to get it. Chalky I can say AOW come take my fuking money

Fortunately I got my 20th anniversary Berserker, and i'm not paying (what i'm presuming is shittons of money) for another crouched, ball of Berserker armour. I would like to see some more dynamic poses with the Berserker Armor. Imagine a diorama of where he rips apart the apostle that ate him? would be awesome & gory.

I'm actually interested in seeing what the price will turn out to be, because this is the first time they did this sort of 'coming soon' announcement. If the announcement is from bizarro world, maybe the price is aswell?

This is a tall statue with it's base. The last tall release was Skull Knight 2011 which was 40 cms high (base included), priced at 90,000 Yen back then. But the base was a full horse. By the picture and height indication, Guts and his sword seem to be about 35-38 cms. That's tricky, in the sense, the height's due to the sword's angle upward.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Stepping out of the Lurk Zone to say this statue looks awesome.

Uriel said:
Stepping out of the Lurk Zone to say this statue looks awesome.

2nd that for the stepping out lurk zone and excited for this, hope AOW does not fail on this one.

So this item is now called The Tentacle Ship .... not sure what I feel about that title in conversation, or in general.

Outside of that first image, we can see 2 more online on their official sites.

1_zpsa38d9b1c.jpg

b0735dd8-b0be-48d2-abaf-e72ff01be396_zps3466a064.jpg

The handle of the sword in the statue looks longer, prolly an extra palm's length.

Jesus this is another 1/10 statue arrrrhhhh fuk god dammit why can't they make guts bigger? The armor height is at most 10 cm.....

Please edit your posts, andrewdsz ^_^.

Yep, Guts' scale was predictable when we first saw the statue. The height comes from the base and the way the sword's held.

Well.. I for one gotta say Im a bit relieved actually -_-' cause I first thought the price would be extreme, but at this scale probably they wont embarrass us like that now. So look on the bright side, andrew, like myself, you hopefully wont have to resort to bank loans in order to afford it :carcus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I'll never understand how these statues get to the final stage with something like the DS's handle being twice as long as it should be. Don't these things go through a long approval process?

Anyway, that aside, I'm glad the statue will be a little smaller, and hence, a little more affordable.

Meh it's an easy pass on this for me guts himself looks to be so small aswell as it being yet another guts i mean hes awesome and all but i want some DIFFERENT characters!
I also doubt they'll lower the price they'll use that "54cm" as there excuse to charge whatever they please.
I wish another company started making berserk statues seriously aow sucks :mozgus:

RabidChimera said:
Meh it's an easy pass on this for me guts himself looks to be so small aswell as it being yet another guts i mean hes awesome and all but i want some DIFFERENT characters!
I also doubt they'll lower the price they'll use that "54cm" as there excuse to charge whatever they please.
I wish another company started making berserk statues seriously aow sucks :mozgus:

You're right! nevertheless I was very excited about this new release... till I read this:

We are able to offer two installment plans for this item. (Price about 40,000 JPY/60,000 JPY for every payment. Except the shipping cost. Please kindly consider the estimate amount you have to pay before your pre-order)

Plan 1:
First Payment: Immediate payment after your pre-order (November)
Second Payment: 25 days after your pre-order (December)
Third Payment: 65 days after your pre-order (January)
Forth Payment: shipping and handling cost in February

Plan 2:
Fist Payment: Immediate payment after your pre-order (November)
Second Payment: 25 days after your pre-order (December)
Third Payment: shipping and handling cost in February

...it seems that the price will be around 120,000 JPY + shipping and customs fees... :magni: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Top Bottom