SECRET SCHNOZ 2020! It's Gift Time!!

What should the post minimum be to particpate?

• 0 - No minimum

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

• 250+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2014! Sign up by Nov 15th

This year went by fast, didn't it? :isidro: It's time to start collecting entries for this year's Secret Schnoz! Please check out the updated original post for the rules and info on how to participate (and a new banner inspired by the incomparable asic :slan:).

We've also decided to reduce the minimum gift price to $15. I know a lot of people are giving to the Patreon as well, so please feel free to give us some feedback. Looking forward to seeing who can join in this year!

Oh I would love more than anything to participate in this, however my post count kind of prevents me from doing so...perhaps the lovely people I bought statues from on here can vouch for me? Or perhaps my Patreon pledge?
(I'm an honest person, I swear!) :griffnotevil:
This sounds like a blast I hope everyone has as much fun this year as it looks like you did last year! :ubik:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Responses already! :ubik: Thanks guys!

And Jackolyn, thanks for your feedback - I think you bring up a good point. Incantation and I have had a bit of back-and-forth about this rule. We ended up erring on the side of a higher number, but given the pace of the forum and the size of our community, maybe that's unnecessary. I'd like to ask the participants to see what they're most comfortable with, so I added a poll. :casca:

Grail said:
Responses already! :ubik: Thanks guys!

And Jackolyn, thanks for your feedback - I think you bring up a good point. Incantation and I have had a bit of back-and-forth about this rule. We ended up erring on the side of a higher number, but given the pace of the forum and the size of our community, maybe that's unnecessary. I'd like to ask the participants to see what they're most comfortable with, so I added a poll. :casca:

The poll is a great idea! I, for one, would love to participate but I'm more of a lurker than I am a poster, however I am just as invested in this community as the high volume posters on this website!
I think that between 50-100 is a good safe number, as it demonstrates a solid level of involvement within the community.
(Though with that being said, I STILL fall short of that number, but you get my point :casca:.)

And if you were at all uncertain about a person participating, you can go through and do a bit of a "security check" on said person who has a lower number of post frequency to make sure that they're not just spamming for attention or appear untrustworthy in any way.
--Also, check the date that they registered. I myself have been on this forum practically every day since 2012, so just because I have a small amount of posts doesn't mean I'm just a passing visitor! I know that I'm not the only one. :guts:

I am also aware that the main admin group on here has a very tight circle of people, so I completely understand wanting/requesting a high volume of posts (and a general sense of familiarity with a new participant) before you accept them.

I look forward to hearing what the community has to say about this!

And even if I get to participate or not, I think it's a fantastic idea and I really just love the idea of the Berserk community getting together and doing a Secret Santa. Something about that just makes me over the moon happy! :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Jackolyn said:
Oh I would love more than anything to participate in this, however my post count kind of prevents me from doing so...

In the spirit of Christmas, your wish has come true.

Jackolyn said:
I am also aware that the main admin group on here has a very tight circle of people, so I completely understand wanting/requesting a high volume of posts (and a general sense of familiarity with a new participant) before you accept them.

This isn't really an official thing, but as far as admins go, I can assure you that we would like nothing more than to have more people actively involved in the community.

Aazealh said:
In the spirit of Christmas, your wish has come true.

:schnoz:
Thank you so much!! I will not disappoint!!

This isn't really an official thing, but as far as admins go, I can assure you that we would like nothing more than to have more people actively involved in the community.

This is very true, and to be honest when it comes to various Berserk communities, I believe that this is the best one out there. Everyone is invested in the story, characters, and discussions, I couldn't ask for a better forum to be a part of! :guts:

Thanks a lot for your feedback Jackolyn!

It was really hard deciding what parameters we were going to use last year and we tried to improve on it a little this year by bringing down the minimum spending amount to $15 this year to be fair to i) the person on the receiving end of the present and ii) making it a bit more affordable for the person sending the present considering shipping costs. Grail made a good point about Patreon participating members and I hope they can participate as well.

Jackolyn said:
The poll is a great idea! I, for one, would love to participate but I'm more of a lurker than I am a poster, however I am just as invested in this community as the high volume posters on this website!
I think that between 50-100 is a good safe number, as it demonstrates a solid level of involvement within the community.
(Though with that being said, I STILL fall short of that number, but you get my point :casca:.)

And if you were at all uncertain about a person participating, you can go through and do a bit of a "security check" on said person who has a lower number of post frequency to make sure that they're not just spamming for attention or appear untrustworthy in any way.
--Also, check the date that they registered. I myself have been on this forum practically every day since 2012, so just because I have a small amount of posts doesn't mean I'm just a passing visitor! I know that I'm not the only one. :guts:

Your feedback brings up good points on the post count issue, giving us something to think of for sure. With choosing the upper limit, we were trying to be fair to everyone involved in the community today without having to go through a security check because if lowered, it would be a bit unfair to turn someone down if they were a casual lurker from say 2002 or 2003, hasn't posted in years and has a double digit post count. I think we'd have to use our discretion in that sort of situation to see if they've been active in the past year or during times when Berserk episodes were being released. This's been an amazing time to be a Berserk fan in terms of where the series is at story-wise, having access to amazing podcasts thanks to awesome Admins who've been open to clarifying every reader's queries about the series, discussing merchandise ... so there's no dearth of topics or good discussions that could be had.

Jackolyn said:
And even if I get to participate or not, I think it's a fantastic idea and I really just love the idea of the Berserk community getting together and doing a Secret Santa. Something about that just makes me over the moon happy! :ubik:

It would be totally cool to have you on board this year's Schnoz! Lets hear from other members and see what the poll shows.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop

I'm dropping out of the Reddit Secret Santa gift exchange so I can participate in this.

That cool?

Johnstantine said:
I'm dropping out of the Reddit Secret Santa gift exchange so I can participate in this.

That cool?

YES!!!!!!!!!

A5H85Si.gif

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Thanks for joining in, guys! :carcus:

It looks like the voting on the minimum post requirement is closing up, with 50 posts in the lead. If for whatever reason someone who has already entered is uncomfortable with this change in the rules, please shoot me a PM.

And a quick reminder, sign ups close this Saturday! And for those who joined, don't forget to PM your info and gift preferences. :slan:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

I'm in this year. I have job and money so... YEAH

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2014! Time for Presents!

The names are in, the Schnozzes have been messaged, so let the gift-giving begin! :schnoz:

Just a reminder to everyone, please be sure to send your gifts out so that they arrive sometime before December 25.

If you have any questions or need some help, don't hesitate to PM me or Incantation! :daiba:

Sent off my present today!! :guts:
I'm really looking forward to Christmas now knowing there's something special from the Berserk community on its way!! :ubik:

Grail

Feel the funk blast

Jackolyn said:
Sent off my present today!! :guts:
Woohoo! Looks like you're ahead of the game Jacko, I'm still working on mine. :ganishka:

Jackolyn said:
I'm really looking forward to Christmas now knowing there's something special from the Berserk community on its way!! :ubik:
Same here, the wait is killing me! Also, just a general note to everybody, nobody is obligated to wait till the 25th to open their present if they don't celebrate Christmas or if you're not religious and just want some sweet presents. I don't know if I ever made it explicitly clear in the first post or subsequently, but the 25th is just the final deadline. That is, unless your Schnoz wants you to wait, because torturing your friends and loved ones is what the holidays are all about. :griffnotevil:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Grail said:
Also, just a general note to everybody, nobody is obligated to wait till the 25th to open their present if they don't celebrate Christmas or if you're not religious and just want some sweet presents. I don't know if I ever made it explicitly clear in the first post or subsequently, but the 25th is just the final deadline. That is, unless your Schnoz wants you to wait, because torturing your friends and loved ones is what the holidays are all about. :griffnotevil:

I'm going to do my best to wait this year. I opened mine right away last year, but I think I'm going to save it for Christmas morning this time.

Grail

Feel the funk blast

TheBranded1 said:
Got mine from jackolyn today, thanks!. I think i know what it is from the sound of broken glass :judo:
Oh no! :sad: Sorry to hear that, Branded... I hope that whatever it is, the glass is just a covering that can be easily replaced.

Top Bottom