Gigantomakhia—new 6-part scifi miniseries by Miura

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Main character's name is Dellos, unsure on the girl's.

It's Burome (pronounced Buromé). Delos is a warrior, working for her. The names have specific meanings in Japanese, too.

Walter said:
PS: And yes, the next issue comes out with the next YA.

And it'll be 43 pages.

Thanks for the scans and giving background on character names! Cannot wait to read it with translations (so much dialog!) or pick up the magazine on Friday. This just made my day.

Yeah, the main character doesn't look like Roderick :farnese:. That
punch-block
was exciting. Too early to tell if his fighting style is more of a wrestlers? He's built like a mix of a endo and mesomorph.

Those creatures look mysterious, threatening and horrific. Maybe it's because I don't do well with bugs in general and they're massively depicted. The inside of that city is pretty cool, like the way they're using creatures to their advantage.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Beautifully done as expected. This future is very intriguing. Devastation and all. I can't wait to see the next episode! thx.

Thanks for the scans and for the names guys. Man, i was eagerly waiting for this. A Sci-Fi series from my favorite Artist, this is like a dream come true. I tried to figure out what the story is about, but i will wait for a summary or a translation to be sure.
In the first page it says "Γιγαντο Μαχια" and Παρεχωμενη υπο Μιουρα Κενταρο + στουντιο Γαγα" with Greek letters. This translates to "Giganto Makhia" on the top and "Brought to you by Kentaro Miura and Studio Gaga" I found it interesting that he translated it to Greek.
Seems to me that the bug people are at war with the Humans, or at least they really hate the humans. Then there is a higher force that seems to bring destruction in this world.
Thanks again for everything !

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Very nice! I like the main character, a kinda chubbybuff silly guy is a nice change from Guts. The city reminds me of some of the cities in Morrowind.
5o6Pk.jpg
Confirmed for taking place in Slan's private dimension??? :slan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
The city reminds me of some of the cities in Morrowind.
I wasn't sure what I was looking at at first, but it's a city designed with the mind of an insect. Of course, since we're dealing with hybrid insect people, makes sense.

Judo

Midlands finest
Gotta... resist... to... download... this... zip-file...

I was looking forward to have a genuine first look when my YA arrives... but now those scans are tempting me.
Damn... :farnese:

I'm very happy with Delos' body design. I like that Miura made him both muscular and thick like a powerlifter or wrestler. He reminds me of a more muscular version of the Farnese Hercules, like he built his strength the old fashioned way by carrying around a calf or lifting boulders instead of staring at himself in an air conditioned gym's mirrors. It's a design I rarely see being used for a hero/protagonist so I'm happy (and pleasantly surprised) that Miura went with it.

Also,
I finally got that anglerfish creature I've been wanting to see since the Sea God was introduced in Berserk! Talk about getting what you want in the unlikeliest of places. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
He's built like a mix of a endo and mesomorph.

:schierke:

Joe Chip said:
I found it interesting that he translated it to Greek.

Well the title is in fact Greek, so I'd say that ΓΙΓΑΝΤΟ ΜΑXΙΑ is the "proper" way to write it.

Joe Chip said:
Seems to me that the bug people are at war with the Humans, or at least they really hate the humans. Then there is a higher force that seems to bring destruction in this world.

They hate the empire, which they thought Delos was from. The empire is responsible for the destruction seen at the beginning, and is where the "giant monsters" come from. Anyway, there are various kindreds, and these guys are from the "Scarabae" one. Also worth noting is that Burome isn't human.

Aazealh said:
They hate the empire, which they thought Delos was from. The empire is responsible for the destruction seen at the beginning, and is where the "giant monsters" come from. Anyway, there are various kindreds, and these guys are from the "Scarabae" one.
Thank you for this summary. I can't wait to see how this story develops.

Aazealh said:
Also worth noting is that Burome isn't human.
Really interesting, i honestly didn't expect that.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
The "creatures" at the beginning seem to be giant war machines spewing out poison gas from the elephant tusks, I wonder how high tech the Empire is going to be.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheBranded1 said:
This world is fantastic, all those creatures are so detailed and creepy. Are those two explorers?

They were looking for the "Scarabae", but clearly didn't know much about them, not even whether they could communicate with them. They were also surprised at their city, especially Delos who's not very knowledgeable compared to Burome. He's her protector.

Joe Chip said:
Really interesting, i honestly didn't expect that.

Well she kind of has an eerie look about her. She tells Delos at the beginning (who's super thirsty) that she can provide clean water, collecting it from the ambient air. Maybe she's from a specific kindred herself? So far the motif fits the classic myth of a human and a "god" (Burome) working together to fight the giants.

Dar Klink said:
The "creatures" at the beginning seem to be giant war machines spewing out poison gas from the elephant tusks, I wonder how high tech the Empire is going to be.

Actually I think the "elephactopus" beast is simply torching the ground, like with a flamethrower. Note that those creatures are just accompanying the big giant though (that has electricity crackling from the top of its "head"), so they might not always go together.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Yeah, that looked like octopus siphons used as flamethrowers to me too.
They remind me of the big 'eared' critters like these: http://everythingoctopus.blogspot.com/2009/02/species-grimpoteuthis-or-dumbo-octopus.html

I love the guys with the stag-beetle helmets (heads?) OMG.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
This looks really interesting; completely different from the SciFi setting I was expecting. I really like the character designs and there is something especially appealing about Burome. It's really great getting to see Miura's art in a different (new) story and setting.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Well she kind of has an eerie look about her.
She also seems to speak in a somewhat robotic manner.

She tells Delos at the beginning (who's super thirsty) that she can provide clean water, collecting it from the ambient air.
Yeah, I actually wondered if there was a joke about how she'd be expelling that water once it's collected, given her pose :carcus:

Actually I think the "elephactopus" beast is simply torching the ground, like with a flamethrower.
I also thought it was gas at first, but then you see the smoke. Would make more sense in color, of course.

Aazealh said:
Well she kind of has an eerie look about her. She tells Delos at the beginning (who's super thirsty) that she can provide clean water, collecting it from the ambient air. Maybe she's from a specific kindred herself? So far the motif fits the classic myth of a human and a "god" (Burome) working together to fight the giants.
I see, now that i looked at the pictures again i understand what you mean.
It seems to me that the monster face in the cover, that Burome is standing on, is the same as the monster at the beginning (and the end of this episode). We also see blood rushing out of his eyes and nose. Perhaps the monsters attack the Scarabae in the next episode so Burome takes care of them. Can't wait to see what will happen.

Hum, sorry for asking this but, where is the .zip file? I noticed you guys could read the previous berserk episodes long before I got them. Where can I dl it?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Calvinos said:
Hum, sorry for asking this but, where is the .zip file? I noticed you guys could read the previous berserk episodes long before I got them. Where can I dl it?
It's for those who participate in discussions.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
This is so cool. I gotta say, I love Dellos' look. Big goofy looking tough guy.

You can tell he's having a blast with this. I get a feeling this is gonna turn out to be quite a story.

I am definitely not let down! I can't wait for more and I can't wait for a translation! WOO! I'm gonna look at this over and over.

Re: Gigantomakhia—new 6-part scifi miniseries by Miura

Im already hungry for more! :beast: Next one Dec. 15, man this is some crazy luxury! :serpico:

Im defintely gonna get these YA issues, I can only imagine how much better those pages must look irl.

Im'a let this sink in for now, patiently waiting for that delicious translation, much obliged you guys that already gave us some intell.

I'm definitely loving it so far and i can't even understand a lick of Japanese. Can't wait to purchase the YA issue and see Miura's awesome artwork in person.
I think if Roderick and Chris Farley had a baby and that baby grew up to be a pro wrestler.. it'd be Delos. :ganishka: I like his look and personality, it's refreshing. And Burome might be some kind of cyborg? Very interesting indeed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
They remind me of the big 'eared' critters like these: http://everythingoctopus.blogspot.com/2009/02/species-grimpoteuthis-or-dumbo-octopus.html

Indeed, those might have been an inspiration.

Walter said:
Yeah, I actually wondered if there was a joke about how she'd be expelling that water once it's collected, given her pose :carcus:

There is, actually, and it's exactly what you think. Before that, after saying that she stood on top of him to shield him from the sun and that bearing the weight would help muscle him up, she also comments that "looking up" would ease his mind.

Joe Chip said:
It seems to me that the monster face in the cover, that Burome is standing on, is the same as the monster at the beginning (and the end of this episode). We also see blood rushing out of his eyes and nose. Perhaps the monsters attack the Scarabae in the next episode so Burome takes care of them. Can't wait to see what will happen.

Yes, generally speaking I think it is a given that Burome and Delos oppose the giants and were seeking the beetle people either to warn them or seek their help.

By the way, could anyone who's already received their Young Animal confirm whether the girl's name is written ブロメ or プロメ ? It's impossible to tell from the pictures because the quality is too low. If it's プロメ (with a small circle instead of two strokes), it would mean that her name is Purome, which would be most reminiscent of Prometheus, a famous Greek mythological figure.

Top Bottom