Episode 336

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Thank you :) !

btw: Do you see that on the YA webpage? The one I check only lets you see the preview for the next magazine (#15 07/25). c:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic news! Just so you know LOicos, since you started the thread, I'll be adding to your post once we get an episode title and any other information.

CheAkiwara said:
Thank you :) !

btw: Do you see that on the YA webpage? The one I check only lets you see the preview for the next magazine (#15 07/25). c:

He has his ways, and he's always been on the money. I like to pretend he's a manga industry spy :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's kind of a long shot still, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a color page for this episode. As I pointed out a few months back, one of the images Miura used for his comments gave us a small glimpse at a new painting he'd done of Griffth.

Walter said:
Here's the image of the comment which had a surprise color image of Griffith in it. Quality is bad because it's printed small and not in color. But this could be from an upcoming color page in the next episode perhaps.

miura-comment YA082014.jpg

So stern. Makes me even more excited about his meeting with Rickert. :magni:

Or maybe it'll just sit in Miura's growing pile of unpublished, uncollected paintings; while unbeknownst to him, fans cry out in unison for another artbook(s). :judo:

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
Walter said:
It's kind of a long shot still, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a color page for this episode. As I pointed out a few months back, one of the images Miura used for his comments gave us a small glimpse at a new painting he'd done of Griffth.

Or maybe it'll just sit in Miura's growing pile of unpublished, uncollected paintings; while unbeknownst to him, fans cry out in unison for another artbook(s). :judo:

Oh my god ...hand ! I didnt know about this :schnoz:
I just want a color page of Griffith in his throne room on a balcony , and behind him the helix/world tree in all it´s glory !

btw; anyone thinking Rickert (c-c) will want to join the new hawks? I dont think he will resent Griffith , even though he was so mad at him. Griffith will talk about how "the world is a better place now , (even though I kind of damned the other 6 other billion people on this planet lulz.) " and Rickert will argue but in the end he will say "...I see." and walk away.

TerrorA

I am the Knight
CheAkiwara said:
Oh my god ...hand ! I didnt know about this :schnoz:
I just want a color page of Griffith in his throne room on a balcony , and behind him the helix/world tree in all it´s glory !

btw; anyone thinking Griffith will want to join the new hawks? I dont think he will resent Griffith , even though he was so mad at him. Griffith will talk about how "the world is a better place now , (even though I kind of damned the other 6 other billion people on this planet lulz.) " and Rickert will argue but in the end he will say "...I see." and walk away.

I'm hoping for a vicious "The reason you suck" speech from Rickert that Griffith.....will most likely ignore, but still make the fans go HELL YEAH for the kid

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Walter said:
He has his ways, and he's always been on the money. I like to pretend he's a manga industry spy :guts:

He certainly maintains a certain air of mystery.

Very awesome news though! I can't wait!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect of this conversation. I'm sure the invitation Griffith made on the Hill of Swords will come up, but other than that, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm really looking forward to whatever Miura has in store for us.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CheAkiwara said:
btw; anyone thinking Griffith will want to join the new hawks?

Rickert?

I dont think he will resent Griffith , even though he was so mad at him. Griffith will talk about how "the world is a better place now , (even though I kind of damned the other 6 other billion people on this planet lulz.) " and Rickert will argue but in the end he will say "...I see." and walk away.

So basically restating the facts and then carrying forward as usual? I have to imagine this big meeting will result in something a little more than that. Also, I think "so mad at him" is a mischaracterization of Rickert's feelings for Griffith. He had a single panel of anger/frustration, but he got over it pretty quick. If anything, he has mixed emotions about his former leader. He's apprehensive, nervous even, about this meeting. But I don't see any anger in him.

Rhombaad said:
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect of this conversation. I'm sure the invitation Griffith made on the Hill of Swords will come up, but other than that, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm really looking forward to whatever Miura has in store for us.

I've intentionally tried not to speculate too much about it, and am also super excited about what it will be like. I only hope their conversation is more than a brief, passing affair, and they get some alone face time.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I only hope their conversation is more than a brief, passing affair, and they get some alone face time.

That's funny; I never considered that their conversation might take place in front of others, but I suppose that's a significant possibility. Even if they do speak in front of Sonia, Charlotte, etc., it may not be in passing. If Griffith presents Rickert with an offer to join the Falcons, it might be a little tough to turn down with everyone staring at him, wondering why he'd refuse such a thing.

image-copy-13i.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-21/berserk-manga-returns-in-august-after-2-month-hiatus/.76901

just the article of ANW

That's great news! I can't wait. The wonderful podcasts you all put out makes me hunger for new Berserk. I was starting to get withdrawal shakes.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mangetsu said:
image-copy-13i.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-21/berserk-manga-returns-in-august-after-2-month-hiatus/.76901

just the article of ANW

Which is riddled with inaccuracies...

Walter said:
Which is riddled with inaccuracies...

Ugh, this is why I don't like talking to most anime / manga fans. Besides the article having incorrect information, people on the forums there feel that they deserve the episodes quicker, and are obligated for them in a timely manner, or how when Miura does want to take a break because he is a human being, it's assumed he has quit Berserk. I realize sometimes it is hard with the longer stretches with no new material up, but it makes me cringe when I see this or others scoffing at actually paying for manga.

(sorry my rants done, just so glad we have a website like Skullknight and am thankful for it).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Tama said:
Ugh, this is why I don't like talking to most anime / manga fans. Besides the article having incorrect information, people on the forums there feel that they deserve the episodes quicker, and are obligated for them in a timely manner, or how when Miura does want to take a break because he is a human being, it's assumed he has quit Berserk. I realize sometimes it is hard with the longer stretches with no new material up, but it makes me cringe when I see this or others scoffing at actually paying for manga.

(sorry my rants done, just so glad we have a website like Skullknight and am thankful for it).

Those aren't truly fans, though. They're just casual readers. If they were fans, they'd care about Miura's quality of life and respect the choices he's made to continue producing his life's work.

As for the ANN article, here's what it got wrong:

Miura had taken a break from Berserk earlier this year to publish the six-chapter Gigantomakhia mini-series.
The hiatus actually began Dec. 2012 and ran until April 2014. Gigantomakhia ran from Nov. 2013-Feb. 2014. The Berserk episode release schedule can be found here: http://skullknight.net/images/eps.htm

The manga inspired a new movie trilogy from Studio 4°C that Viz Media is releasing in North America.
As far as I know, the final movie has been out stateside for months.

CheAkiwara

大天使 ~ ボイド
MASTER-AMIR said:
That's great, im Hopefully manga does not enter into hiatus for a long time or never.

Even though I am dying to get more Berserk , I kind of like the "huge" gap inbetween episodes. Makes me appreciate it even more when one does come out, and made me more patient.
I would be so happy If we got a episode every 2 months. :)

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
If Griffith presents Rickert with an offer to join the Falcons, it might be a little tough to turn down with everyone staring at him, wondering why he'd refuse such a thing.

TBH, I can see that happening. Reminds me of public marriage proposals. I always found such things uncomfortable because it reeks of manipulation to me.

Top Bottom