Max Factory Femto

pknui5F.jpg

From today's Wonfes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hubalo said:
great, is that from any scene?

It's Femto's birth, but reinterpreted, so it's not from any "real" scene (same goes for the Guts statue). I wish the model was more faithful to the manga's design.

Aazealh said:
It's Femto's birth, but reinterpreted, so it's not from any "real" scene (same goes for the Guts statue). I wish the model was more faithful to the manga's design.

I agree, but I think their own twist on it is interesting enough on its own. That, and I think they want to avoid directly competing with AoW by creating identical statues.

But looking at the statues (characters) by themselves, I think they have the start of a great line in the works. This Femto statue is less extravagant than the Guts statue, so I hope this gets reflected in the price.

Liad said:
I agree, but I think their own twist on it is interesting enough on its own. That, and I think they want to avoid directly competing with AoW by creating identical statues.

That's a silly assumption. Berserk's a rich story with so many ideas or scenes or characters to choose from. We often discuss how AOW isn't faithful with character design. It would work in this new company's favor to be as faithful as possible. They can avoid creating identical statues by picking different scenes or poses or different characters. I'd rather see them do that versus make something up that isn't in the manga. This Femto Rebirth scene doesn't fit at all, base and pose.

Personally, I don't care of the faithfulness to a particular scene, moment or pose. I see if a statue or a drawing transmits me the essence of the manga.
for example, among my favorites Miura's drawings are the 12th and 13th tankobon covers!
obviously this is an abstract interpretation of the character. I can't tell that the base is out of context anyway, maybe my only concerns are for the shapes of the figure itself but I need more pics.

EDIT:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks fantastic to me! Accentuates how awesome Femto's design is.

Though it is hard to reconcile why there's a woman in the cracked beherit....

Walter said:
Looks fantastic to me! Accentuates how awesome Femto's design is.

Though it is hard to reconcile why there's a woman in the cracked beherit....

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's suppose to be part of the Vortex. Which I think is a really nice touch, shows they're thinking outside the box.

IncantatioN said:
That's a silly assumption. Berserk's a rich story with so many ideas or scenes or characters to choose from. We often discuss how AOW isn't faithful with character design. It would work in this new company's favor to be as faithful as possible. They can avoid creating identical statues by picking different scenes or poses or different characters. I'd rather see them do that versus make something up that isn't in the manga. This Femto Rebirth scene doesn't fit at all, base and pose.

While I think staying faithful to character design is important, I don't feel the same way about bases. AoW has done mostly scenes that were from the manga, but I'm having a hard time recalling another line of statues that tries to directly copy a scene from the original work (continuosly that is). They usually do poses that are true to how the character might act, and I think we're getting that with these Max Factory statues. Guts' immense strength is shown by him one-handing the DS, and it puts the DS on display. Femto's is more subtle, and while the "looking at hand" pose is fairly stock, I think it works here. The focus is on Femto's design, and it is intricately detailed. This comes down to personal preference, because I certainly don't think they NEED to only do scenes from the manga, but it would be good every now and then.

The design of the bases seems to be an artistic representation and time stamp of where the characters are meant to be in the saga, and there could be many reasons for this, but if it comes down to the artists personal preference, then I prefer that to AoW's artists who just "don't want the characters to look like that, and we can't make them change their minds".

I honestly really like this Femto Statue. Max Factory did an very good Job. The base isn't maybe completely fatihful to the manga, but it doesn't bother me that much. Hopefully the paint Job will be good too :femto:

From my source these two pieces will be done with PVC, unlimited number. You can order 5000 pieces and as long as you pay they will do it for you. Also max factory is known for rereleasing the products made years ago.

So if u like it go get them. Each probably gonna cost You anywhere from 200 to 300 bucks. If you want a fairly unique / rare limited piece u gotta go elsewhere.

Also u can choose to get it two years later with around the same price. They will be steadily available.

andrewdsz said:
From my source these two pieces will be done with PVC, unlimited number. You can order 5000 pieces and as long as you pay they will do it for you. Also max factory is known for rereleasing the products made years ago.

So if u like it go get them. Each probably gonna cost You anywhere from 200 to 300 bucks. If you want a fairly unique / rare limited piece u gotta go elsewhere.

Also u can choose to get it two years later with around the same price. They will be steadily available.

Gosh , I hope so.
I'm so glad these are getting released. It's a breath of fresh air to AoW's stale cheese
AoW was eager to cash on the whole "exclusive" deal. We all know now it was plain BS.

The Sculpt on both femto and guts are excellent, Femto looks wonderful, I hope he gets a decent scale (1/6 at least)

I wish they'd sell PVC because of the shipping weight , but thats it.

Also, I loved Slan and Void in their respective figma versions

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rupert Sinclair said:
Unless I'm mistaken, I think that's suppose to be part of the Vortex. Which I think is a really nice touch, shows they're thinking outside the box.

I don't think that makes much sense. It's weird no matter how you slice it. But if I were in the statue buying market, that wouldn't stop me from acquiring this otherwise superb rendition of Femto.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Liad said:
While I think staying faithful to character design is important, I don't feel the same way about bases. AoW has done mostly scenes that were from the manga, but I'm having a hard time recalling another line of statues that tries to directly copy a scene from the original work (continuosly that is). They usually do poses that are true to how the character might act, and I think we're getting that with these Max Factory statues. Guts' immense strength is shown by him one-handing the DS, and it puts the DS on display. Femto's is more subtle, and while the "looking at hand" pose is fairly stock, I think it works here. The focus is on Femto's design, and it is intricately detailed. This comes down to personal preference, because I certainly don't think they NEED to only do scenes from the manga, but it would be good every now and then.

Well Femto's design is itself not completely faithful to the manga, as I commented earlier on. As for the bases, I don't have a problem with the one for the Guts statue because it's plausible (Guts has killed tons of apostles "off-screen") and it actually looks great (much better than the bases AoW's produced in the past, which by the way weren't always faithful to the manga either). For Femto, I think it's alright since the statue itself is cool, but it does come across as an odd choice to have the bodies inside the beherit-eggshell. Not a deal-breaker though, like Walter said.

Liad said:
I prefer that to AoW's artists who just "don't want the characters to look like that, and we can't make them change their minds".

Beyond that bullshit, AoW's pulled some pretty lame shit over the years. Including getting the characters wrong, like the Daka's color (green instead of red), Zodd's wings (not anatomically correct) and so on.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Man, I love everything about this statue! Sure, it's not completely faithful, but I think the liberties are fine. I really like Femto's pose for some reason. He just exudes elegance and power.

These both look so fucking amazing! :isidro: Haven't brought anything from AOW in along time just can't be bothered with there boring poses an ridiculous prices these have great poses an i love the bases on both an at most likely half price instant buy! Hope there released soon! I'm also pretty happy about the fact that there not going to be done in limited numbers makes it so much easier to obtain :ubik:

I wonder what "exclusive" deal AOW will bring out to try an compete with this :schierke:

Top Bottom