Robin Williams passes away at 63

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
http://time.com/3101990/robin-williams-dead-63/

The county coroner's office suspects a suicide

The comedian and actor Robin Williams has died at 63, according to police in Marin County, Calif.

A statement from the assistant chief deputy coroner of Marin County announced on Monday that the division “suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.”

“Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late,” read an official statement. “This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.””

I've been entertained by him for my entire life, this is truly sad news. :sad:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Dar Klink said:
I've been entertained by him for my entire life, this is truly sad news. :sad:
Same. Just found out about this at work. What a damn waste. It hits me hard because Williams' sense of humor influenced me a lot growing up, and I felt like I could relate to him a lot, in a weird way. I guess that was part of his appeal.

He was a local guy too. Around Halloween, there would always be talk about the crazy stuff Robin Williams would give away at his house near SF. I would always fantasize about making a special trip to trick or treat at his place and had a hard time thinking of what would be better, trading jokes with him or getting a giant slab of candy.

I normally don't get broken up about celebrity deaths but I don't think I saw this one coming. I feel really bad for his family.

RIP, some of his performances were outstanding. From all the posts on my feed online, I didn't know he voiced the Genie in Alladdin. It's been decades since I watched it.

Grail said:
He was a local guy too. Around Halloween, there would always be talk about the crazy stuff Robin Williams would give away at his house near SF. I would always fantasize about making a special trip to trick or treat at his place and had a hard time thinking of what would be better, trading jokes with him or getting a giant slab of candy.

Man, sounds like a good guy irl :(

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm surprisingly at peace with this, probably because when I think of Robin Williams a happy thought or memory isn't far behind. Plus, even if he succumbed to depression and you'd like to think there was another way, he went out on his terms in his own time and I'm happy his pain is over. It's always worse when it's a tragic accident or someone is taken against their will (due to my age and the circumstances, no celebrity death will ever hit me like the murder of Phil Hartman). Anyway, rest in peace, Mr. Williams, thanks for the memories.

He was one of my favorite actors from my childhood. One of the reasons is that my father looks 99% like him , but I felt that I could identify myself with mr. Williams's sense of humor better.
I have fond memories of watching Jumanji and Bicentennial man at the movies. Bicentennian man, Patch Adams , The Fisher King and Good Morning Vietnam were some of the most touching movies I've seen.

Its so sad to see people like that go.

Last week one of my favourite Brazilian comedians commited suicide as well, and 1 day later, one of my friends ( who had the same name as myself) took his own life too.

We need more empathy in this world to understand each other better.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Top Bottom