Unofficial Official Silent Hill Thread

Walter said:
Holy shit! Nude Maker are the guys that made Infinite Space on DS. One of my favorite games of the last gen. Definitely looking forward to this, even if horror games aren't really my thing. These guys excel in storytelling and world building above all else. So I'll check it out just for that.

Oh wow! I had no idea Nude Maker was behind Infinite Space. I was only partially interested in the game before, but I'll definitely have to keep an eye on it now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's really pretty cool to see Hifumi Kouno returning to the horror genre, considering that Clock Tower is a cult classic. It's no coincidence that the "Scissors" immediately bring to mind the antagonists of the Clock Tower games. I'm very excited for this, even though I don't own any platform on which to play it at the moment.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Skeleton said:
The worst kept secret out there, that Hideo Kojima is going to make the next Silent Hill game, has been confirmed.
Why?

And Guillermo del Toro is teaming up with him to make it.
Why?

If they're trying to make a game that's in line with the Team Silent games and they're buying into the multiple dimension theory then I'm worried they don't understand the original games.
Maybe Kojima understands Silent Hill, but does he care to not butcher it?

What do you guys think about this news?
I felt that the last console game was an adequate stopping point (but that's just me being polite). The series is just not fun anymore.

Aazealh said:
It's really pretty cool to see Hifumi Kouno returning to the horror genre, considering that Clock Tower is a cult classic. It's no coincidence that the "Scissors" immediately bring to mind the antagonists of the Clock Tower games. I'm very excited for this, even though I don't own any platform on which to play it at the moment.
That's the first thing I thought after seeing the picture, too. I'm interested in checking that out.

Silent Hill has been letting me down starting at the room. Pt was great and if they can implement that kind of feeling you may have a great game, though its by no means anything close to silent hills in terms of what we can expect in 3rd person. I see a lot of castlevania comments. That series is yet another that let me down over and over. At one time I had every game released (minus arcade) up to that horrible fighter for wii. Sotn is still a top 5 for me, but damn they never captured that magic again. Los1 I enjoyed a lot, but los2 was the biggest let down for me in years of gaming.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-7-boss-wasnt-happy-with-silent-hills/1100-6441003/ said:
Resident Evil 7 Boss Wasn't Happy With Silent Hills/PT's Cancellation

During a recent interview with GameSpot, Resident Evil 7 producer Masachika Kawata shared his opinion of Hideo Kojima's playable teaser for the now canceled Silent Hills.

While discussing the stylistic similarities between PT and Resident Evil 7, Kawata stated, "I, of course, played PT, and I thought it was an excellent demonstration or excellent game, if you want to call it that." He continued, adding, "I think it looked really great, and it had so much promise, and I was unfortunately very disappointed that it didn't come to fruition. That was too bad that that happened; I'd just like to share the fact that I really loved it."

Despite expressing admiration for PT, Kawata also emphasized the differences between Kojima's teaser and his own upcoming horror title.

"We were actually creating Resident Evil 7 before PT was announced, so when they announced it, it was kind of like, 'Oh, they're doing first-person too?'" said Kawata. "However, now that we've come this far, we can see that the content of this game is completely different from what the content or the direction that [PT] was moving in."

Fans have already started speculating about connections between the two projects, but Kawata's responses might be enough to silence the rumors. While we'll probably never get to play Silent Hills, Resident Evil 7 comes out in January.

It's cool to see someone on RE's staff sending some love in Silent Hills' direction.

I played through RE7's playable trailer a few times, getting three out of four of the endings. I like what I'm seeing so far. Kawata said it's supposed to show off the atmosphere that RE7 will have, and the atmosphere of the trailer was my favorite part.

I'm being optimistic but very cautious. The potential for a great horror game is there, but at the end of the day we're talking about Resident Evil so who knows if, quality-wise, this will be on the RE5/6 end or the RE1 Remake end of the spectrum.

In other news, NightCry (Project Scissors) came out in March, I think. The reviews aren't too good. But the good reviews are saying the reason for said bad reviews is the fact the game is very much like the old school Clock Tower games, something that modern gamers can't appreciate or just don't like. Unfortunately my computer petered out a month or two before the game came out so I can't play it and find out if it's just poorly made/unfinished or a decent throwback.

Top Bottom