[ART OF WAR NEW RELEASE]Berserk -Skull Knight & Beherit- *2014 Version

amano

kono sekai ni wa
Something new and different for the rich skullers

-No.357 Berserk -Skull Knight & Beherit- *2014 Brown Eye Version http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/515
45,000JPY
70726f647563742f32303134303832335f6464316539632e6a7067003630300000660066.jpg

-No.358 Berserk -Skull Knight & Beherit- *2014 Red Eye Version http://www.art-of-war.jp/product/514
45,000JPY
70726f647563742f32303134303832335f3733323238382e6a7067003630300000660066.jpg

I like the brown eye, pretty well detailed skull and beherit!

The base is ... basic...and color is too light

"Product Description
"
"We planned to recreate this art statue for a long time and finally it comes before the end for this summer.
"The design is from one of the most famous monochrome illustrations: the symbolic Skull Knight head with Beherit and Rose crown.
"In Berserk comic volume 9, Skull Knight appeared in the dark forest for the first time, to give Guts a prophecy of the Eclipse.
"
"We molded the skull head based on a real one, not a copy from the picture because AOW always pursue the “reality” for every product.
"The crack lines on the skull are painted by brush carefully and very similar to a real skeleton.
"The thorn is painted at dry wood + silver metal color; the rose is also molded as a real one and painted in antique purple color.
"Colors used to enhance the mysterious feelings of Skull Knight, and to express his longevity and nobility.
"
"It is the first time we use Doll Eye.
"We believe it will make the Beherit vividly like a real creature, and you will feel the power when Skull Knight looks at you.
"
"
"*Installment Plan*
"First Payment: 25,000 JPY in 7 days after pre-order
"Second Payment: 20,000 JPY in 35 days after pre-order
"Third Payment: Shipping & handling cost around December

Released Date August 23rd, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date Late December, 2014
Net Weight approx. 2100g
Full Size (H)19cm x (W)12.5cm x (D)13.2cm
Materials Polystone; 18mm Doll Eye
Serial Number No.1-No.50 (for red eye) - No.51-No.100 (for brown eye) (for both Japanese and oversease customers)
Attachments Serial Number Nameplate

At least it's not another guts
by the way i like this one "AOW always pursue the “reality” for every product." Did you say guts face? :guts:

This is actually kinda cool, so I thought to myself "If it´s around 15000 yen i´ll buy it", but 45000 JPY is too expensive. I like the idea though, but why they molded it after a real skull blows my mind. It´s not supposed to be an actual skull, it´s Skull Knight. All hail the lazy AoW sculptor.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Liad said:
I like the idea though, but why they molded it after a real skull blows my mind. It´s not supposed to be an actual skull, it´s Skull Knight.

No, the original picture does not depict the Skull Knight's helmet. It's a simple skull, similar to what they did. But their label for this item is actually incorrect, as it's not the skull by itself that portrays the Skull Knight, it's the entire picture (skull, beherit, thorns & roses) that figuratively represents him.

45,000 Yen plus shipping is expensive for that scale. That skull looks pretty different (nose, grooves, width, etc etc), paint looks sloppy cos it doesn't accentuate any bone-like colors, beherit eye is big + position of the beherit itself is off ... the kit by Acetone is better in comparison imo.

I like it. But not 500 usd like. I will jump in if it is 300...... This is basically a beherit installed inside of tentacleship's skull.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Between this and Acetone's kit it leaves me wondering what's so tough about this image to get right in 3D. Acetone's skull is a heck of a lot closer to the design but neither of them look like they try hardly at all to match the rose briars or the way the skull is shattered.

"We molded the skull head based on a real one, not a copy from the picture because AOW always pursue the “reality” for every product."

Based on a real skull, and then modified to match the art, may have been ok, but this seems kind of lazy to me. The colors on the rose stem aren't very vivid, either (is the color version official?). Cracks aren't faithful to the art, etc. The doll's eye is a nice touch but, as Walter pointed out, this is also inaccurate.

It's more a representation of the original art, than a recreation of it. I don't pay people money for things I feel I can do a better job of, generally.

amano

kono sekai ni wa
Extra Blood Repainting Service Now Available!

70726f647563742f32303134303832395f3064323632642e6a7067003630300000660066.jpg

Every item will be hand painted by our skillful artisans.
The extra repainting will enhance the dark feeling of the statue, and makes it more powerful for looking.
(*The actual product appearance may differ from this sample image, because the painting is all hand work.)

At least it's before the end of the preorder...

EDIT: what the what!

AOW Special Repaint Service For -Skull Knight & Beherit- *2014 Version

Unit Price: 5,000JPY

I had the pretension to think it was a free service... :ganishka:

Added blood costs 5000yen is not something new that AOW just came out. They just re-enthasizung their old trick for more money and better sales.

Will I jump in? No. This just strengthen my believes about how bad this piece is as no one is putting money down so they had to get the extra serviced product onto the front page.

andrewdsz said:
will this piece worth 300$? I got an offer from AOW till sep 30th saying that I have a 30% off everything on next purchase.

Tbh, I don't thinck so
The Size is not impressive, the piece itself looks good and all, but it still is not worth 300 $

It is for you to decide, but i would not go for it

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Mangetsu said:
Tbh, I don't thinck so
The Size is not impressive, the piece itself looks good and all, but it still is not worth 300 $

It is for you to decide, but i would not go for it
I bet they'll release something nicer before the 30th. I would never buy this since they sculpted an original skull and not :SK: maybe for $10. Cumbersome paperweight IMO....jk it's nicely done and all just doesn't float my boat. I'd hold out to put that discount towards something else...in hopes they have something worth it in the next few weeks.

I'm really thinking to get this one. At least it is something exclusive, not "limited" re-paint. Despite the errors, sculpt job is great overall and it should be an eye-catcher on every table.

Ed. Oh boy, pre-orders closed. Well, I guess it's better for my wallet.

Ed. 2. Damn, the reopened it up to 24th Oct. Couldn't resist :farnese:

Aaaaand mine arrived today! And I got №62 Brown Eye. :badbone:
Sadly I have no camera nearby so I used my cellphone camera during unboxing process. So, anyone want live pictures? I will get my Canon back in the end of this week and will shoot him properly.

ed. Here some pic from my mobile phone: http://imgur.com/a/CjiSF

Top Bottom