Current state of the White Falcon Prophecy

Hi everyone, first of all this is my first post so don't be too harsh to me please, I've read the manga for the first time recently and now I'm rereading it.

My intuition tells me that all the prophecy of the dream is misunderstood by the Midlanders and Griffith :griffnotevil:/Femto :femto: seems to be the holy prophet that will save everyone and will fight in name of god, but we can also see that some of the people who really knew old Griffith (Owen and Laban) aren't confident in Griffith true intentions. We know the real true form of Griffith which turned from the ambitious leader of the Hawk Band to the returned to physical life and divine knight of the "light" Femto. So I can agree in the duality theory of Griffith being both the light and the dark sides of the dream/prophecy.

In the case of Guts :guts:, he has been called the blackswordsman since the eclipse and the Vatican (Farnese:farnese: and the Holy Iron Chain Knights) persuits him like he was the Devil but I think it's quite obvious now that his acts don't follow the path of darkness. I've read that he might be suffering a transformation since he wore the Berserk armour (First time his lock of hair turned white), and I'm not referring to his inside devil but to his change of mind prioritizing the protection of the weakness and struggling with his desire to revenge the Hawks.

I think I've read it somewhere but the theory of The Dark Knight is one of my favourites and this is the one that says tha Guts will be the hero Midland deserves, but not the one it needs right now. I don't know how to predict the near future of the series but I think is more likely that Guts becomes the real Light Hawk than Griffith represents both sides of the same coin.

Finally thanks for reading this, tell me if there are current topic discussing this and sorry for my bad English and I'm really expecting to read your opinions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
luizao said:
Hi everyone, first of all this is my first post so don't be too harsh to me please, I've read the manga for the first time recently and now I'm rereading it.

Hi Luizao, welcome to our community!

luizao said:
My intuition tells me that all the prophecy of the dream is misunderstood by the Midlanders and Griffith :griffnotevil:/Femto :femto: seems to be the holy prophet that will save everyone and will fight in name of god

First of all, there is no "White Hawk Prophecy".

The "White Falcon" was how Griffith was called when he was human and led the Band of the Falcon. When you talk about a "prophecy of the dream", I assume you refer to the collective dreams in which the Falcon of Light appears and delivers various messages. Those dreams are premonitory, but there isn't a "prophecy" tied to them, rather they often are customized to each person, and usually hint at a coming event or convey a simple instruction (i.e. telling people to go to Falconia).

Now there is a prophecy that is mentioned in the manga, but it is related to the Falcon of Darkness. It is as follow:

"When the sun will have died five times, a red lake will appear at the west of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel is born. The angel shall be a Falcon of Darkness. Both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

The Falcon of Light is not referenced here.

luizao said:
we can also see that some of the people who really knew old Griffith (Owen and Laban) aren't confident in Griffith true intentions.

So far both Owen and Raban appear to be 100% devoted to Griffith and have not shown any sign of doubting him. Raban's somewhat dissatisfied with the state of the world, but that's not quite the same thing.

luizao said:
We know the real true form of Griffith which turned from the ambitious leader of the Hawk Band to the returned to physical life and divine knight of the "light" Femto. So I can agree in the duality theory of Griffith being both the light and the dark sides of the dream/prophecy.

Your sentence isn't very clear here, so I'll reiterate the facts: Griffith was the leader of the Band of the Falcon. He sacrificed his men to become Femto, the fifth member of the God Hand. Femto was a purely spiritual being, possessing no corporeal body. A few years later, through a once in a thousand years event, Femto was incarnated into a new body of flesh, one that looked just like his former one. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "divine knight of the light".

In any case, there is no doubt that Femto is both the "Falcon of Light" that appears in people's dreams as well as the "Falcon of Darkness" that is foretold by the prophecy. We have clear evidence for it in each case.

luizao said:
In the case of Guts :guts:, he has been called the blackswordsman since the eclipse and the Vatican (Farnese:farnese: and the Holy Iron Chain Knights) persuits him like he was the Devil but I think it's quite obvious now that his acts don't follow the path of darkness.

That misunderstanding has long since been dispelled, and the Holy Iron Chain Knights have stopped pursuing Guts about 20 volumes ago.

luizao said:
I've read that he might be suffering a transformation since he wore the Berserk armour (First time his lock of hair turned white), and I'm not referring to his inside devil but to his change of mind prioritizing the protection of the weakness and struggling with his desire to revenge the Hawks.

The Berserk's armor has harmful side effects, but I wouldn't say that it transforms its wearer. Also, the Beast of Darkness is not an "inside devil" but a personification of Guts' dark side. It is a purely psychological construct, not a separate or parasitic entity. It's a part of Guts himself. Lastly, Guts' desire to protect Casca and his choice to make that a priority over his desire for revenge predates his possession of the armor; the two are unrelated.

luizao said:
I think I've read it somewhere but the theory of The Dark Knight is one of my favourites and this is the one that says tha Guts will be the hero Midland deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

This isn't a theory, it's just the tagline for the Batman movie of the same name. It has no relevance here.

luizao said:
I don't know how to predict the near future of the series but I think is more likely that Guts becomes the real Light Hawk than Griffith represents both sides of the same coin.

There is no reason for Guts to be likened to the "Falcon of Light", even if he ends up saving the world. The whole Falcon business is about Griffith.

Thank you for the reply Aazealh, I can understand better some of these facts but can you clarify or show me the differences between the Farnese prophecy and the dream.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
luizao said:
Thank you for the reply Aazealh, I can understand better some of these facts but can you clarify or show me the differences between the Farnese prophecy and the dream.

You're welcome! About the prophecy and the dreams, well the prophecy is very old (likely hundreds of years old). We don't know exactly where it originates from, but both the Holy See (Farnese in volume 14) and magic users (Schierke in volume 22) know of it, so it's quite authoritative (and besides that, it's essentially come true already).

The dreams are unrelated to the prophecy. As far as we can tell, they're created by Femto. Shortly before he was incarnated, everyone in Midland had a dream in which a Falcon of Light (literally a falcon made of light) appeared. This is shown in volume 17. It was different for each individual, but always conveyed the same idea: out of the darkness would rise a shining Falcon. These premonitory dreams are used again later on, in volume 33 (episode 291) to warn Wyndham's citizens of the coming danger, and after the advent of Fantasia to tell people to come to Falconia. Those all serve Griffith's cause.

Top Bottom