Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 58

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 58: Post-Eclipse [Vol. 14-1] (1hr 47 min)

We wrap up the Golden Age by diving in to the aftermath of the Eclipse, as Guts reels from the changes to his world. Topics include: Casca's condition, the Interstice, the nature of spectres (ghouls!), the demon child, the Dragon Slayer and the Black Swordsman's gear. Guest starring forum member Rupert Sinclair!

PS: Pardon the audio hiccups in the first minute of the show. Rupert's track returns to normal very shortly after we begin.

=========================================
Don't forget you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, or by pasting this address into your favorite podcast app: http://skullknight.net/podcast/rss.xml
=========================================

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Topics include: Casca's condition, the Interstice, the nature of spectres (ghouls!)

Little green ghouls! (I think Aaz felt like Mac and Dennis =)

Walter said:
Guest starring forum member Rupert Sinclair!

Here's some inside, behind-the-scenes info even my fellow co-hosts don't know: during my own technical difficulties getting the show started, I became aware there was someone else on the line chatting with the boys, so my neurotic mind immediately flashes to the idea, "I've missed too many shows, I'm unreliable; it's my replacement! :judo:" Needless to say, I was happy, and relieved, to have you as our special guest, Rupert... seriously, otherwise I was going to go at you SO HARD! :femto: :daiba:

Speaking of technical difficulties, extra kudos to Wally for bringing this one together! :ubik:

It was really cool to be on here with you guys and get a glimpse behind the scenes of how these podcasts are made. Everyone was very nice and welcoming.

I'll admit I was fairly nervous. :farnese: I had much more planned to say but I found myself just sitting back and listening to you guys. It was a surreal experience to be able to actually interject!

Thanks again for the opportunity to chat with you all, especially during such an important part in the reread. Now I'm looking forward to hearing all of your thoughts on the Conviction Arc! :beast:

Griffith said:
Needless to say, I was happy, and relieved, to have you as our special guest, Rupert... seriously, otherwise I was going to go at you SO HARD! :femto: :daiba:

I'm imagining myself as Ganishka on his knees before Griffith in Vritannis. :magni: :ganishka:

A few years ago,(knowing how much Miura love it) I red Tezuka's Dororo and listening to this re-read and particularly the part regarding SK/Guts conversation, reinforce the influence of Dororo and in this case, the Monk/Hyakkimaru' conversations and the cryptic/pivotal character the Monk represent.

latest

Thanks again for those re-read and conversations. It's really enjoyable listening to you guys as usual.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Just finished this one up. A very satisfying episode, since we just got through a pretty difficult one so recently. :ganishka: I always felt like the remainder of volume 13 and then 14 are meant to be prizes for us readers being good sports, except for all the bad stuff that keeps happening. :sad:

Rupert, I think that anybody who’s been a guest on the SkullKast will tell you that your first episode is always the toughest. That’s why it’s a good idea to get a little buzz on beforehand - a note to future Patreon donor guests! :slan: But in all seriousness, I thought you were popping in with some great points, and you didn’t sound nervous at all.

I like that you guys highlighted a lot of more subtle psychological symbolism surrounding the Eclipse’s aftermath, particularly Casca under the waterfall. Though my favorite parts of the podcast had to be Griffith’s “I think he’s an elf man,” “What about GROOVY?” (on that note, glad to have you back for this round, Griff!), and the historical first-mention of Supreme King Aolsier on the SkullKast. This is just too much nostalgia for one episode!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A new Berserk AMV that's relevant to this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQJ6Px15_4&feature=share

Top Bottom