Did Griffith really send Sonia to kill Schierke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled upon that theory at Reddit.

What's actually the truth? I see no logic in sending exactly Sonia on such a mission, though on Reddit everyone seem to believe that Griffith is indeed that, um... unconventional?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see how anyone could seriously believe that Sonia was sent by anyone to kill Schierke. It's simply a ridiculous notion.

It's made pretty clear in the story that she left the Band of the Falcon's camp on a whim, and she immediately befriends Schierke on Vritannis based on an happenstance (seeing the freed spirits soar). At no point does she show any hint of having an ulterior motive. If anything, she rather takes comfort in that encounter. And she even warns Schierke of the danger looming over Vritannis.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
slothqueen said:

I believe the notion resulted from a misunderstanding of an offhand comment from Mule. He wonders if Schierke was the witch that "he was looking for," which is referencing his earlier conversation with Isidro, who had been looking for Schierke — not hinting at some covert assassination plot by Griffith.

Even that aside, as Aaz says there's no reason to suspect that Sonia's ever been used like that in the Falcons, or that her encounter with Schierke was anything but chance. So... case closed?

While I can't see Sonia really being successfully ordered to do anything really I did wonder about Mule's instructions while I initially wondered if he was instructed to search for and if possible recruit a witch I figured later that he was actually acting on the possibility that the witch Isidro was talking about was Sonia whom he was currently out of contact with

Also, Sonia went so far as to specifically warn Schierke about the upcoming destruction of the city that she saw in one of her visions. She pretty much says "You should probably get out of here on the quick" and we see the place demolished. So no, Sonia had no intentions of hurting Schierke.

slothqueen said:

What's actually the truth? I see no logic in sending exactly Sonia on such a mission, though on Reddit everyone seem to believe that Griffith is indeed that, um... unconventional?
I don't see how Sonia could hurt Schierke and I don't think Griffith would make the mistake of risking such a vital asset by sending her on a task that he must know she can't succeed in completing(knowing that her target is a witch or that she is travelling with others would be enough). I also don't think that Sonia, with her devotion to Griffith being so strong, would've been so friendly and helpful to Schierke.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
savanth said:
I don't see how Sonia could hurt Schierke and I don't think Griffith would make the mistake of risking such a vital asset by sending her on a task that he must know she can't succeed in completing(knowing that her target is a witch or that she is travelling with others would be enough). I also don't think that Sonia, with her devotion to Griffith being so strong, would've been so friendly and helpful to Schierke.

There isn't any question about this, as we've already answered a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom