3D art Dragon Slayer

Hi everyone!

I've been visiting this forum for some time now, but I've never really participated until today.
I'm figuring this out as i go along, so bear with me..

Anyway..I'm a 3d artist based in the Netherlands and I'm making some stuff for my portfolio and I've been a big fan of Berserk.
So i was thinking about making a good looking dragon slayer and perhaps when I'm done with this, make some more weapons/armor/characters.

I'll try to update regularly as I'm also learning new programs and techniques.
Hope you guys will like my work!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Looking great so far, Rick! :guts: As you've already pointed out, the blade itself could be a bit longer, but so far the details are looking solid. The grip is my favorite part so far!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Rick, welcome!

slickrick79 said:
not sure yet if the dimensions are sound yet (looks like the blade needs to be longer).. need to do a little research on that..

Indeed, it's a little stubby right now. Still, good start!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slickrick79 said:
i found out that Guts is about 190cm tall.. so I tried to deduct the dimensions for the DS from there.

Don't rely too much on these things, they're not very reliable. Anyway, the last "official" number I saw was 195 cm.

slickrick79 said:
Looking a lot better now.. Also i flared out the handle a bit where it connects to the base of the blade..

Much better, but I think you could still lengthen it a bit, or at least reduce the width at the base.

That's a nice start.
I think the reference picture you took is distorted, so your DS is too. The handle should be bigger, the half circle at the base of the blade too. Don't forget to bevel the cutting edges as well to add some thickness of it, since it's not as sharp as a katana.
Keep going :guts:

Top Bottom