Gutt's Adventure (Another myth-berserk thread)

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Monomyth - The Hero's Adventure - Joseph Campbell

STAGES

1. Separation- The hero is singled out and separated from ordinary people by being called, thrust, or enticed into a quest.

2. Threshold- The hero comes to the point of no return where the real journey begins.

3. Trials- The hero must undergo trials that test his character with the purpose of transformation of consciousness.

4. Mentor or Guide- Hero meets a helper who guides and gives the hero psychological commitment.

5. Final confrontation- The hero must overcome the most daunting obstacle before he/she can be internally transformed.

6. Victory-The hero always wins and gains new knowledge

7. Return- The hero always shares the knowledge by returning his/her origins or place of new beginning.

I posted this on another topic, but I thought this needed to be its own little topic... I want to know where everyone finds most of these events to take place... I think most of this has run through the series so far except for 2 or 3 of them possibly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You can break any story down into universal categories, but why would you want to ? Its an extremely boring way to look at a story.

Boonki

Walter said:
You can break any story down into universal categories, but why would you want to ? Its an extremely boring way to look at a story.

Because a lot of people are speculating and I think by seeing how the story follows this universal hero's journey, then maybe it can help see where the story may be going as far as making more speculations, lol.

Boonki

Lliugusamui said:
Berserk is no usual heroic tale ...

I guess thats sorta my point... he isn't what we would consider to be a hero at this point. But look at the similarities with his story and the hero's journey... miraculous birth, seperated from normal people, put into real tests which ultimately changes him, ... but see this is where I'm stuck kinda... Gutts has a hard time listening to anyone. I would like to say maybe either Skully or Flora-chan would be his mentor type, someone revealing some sort of truth... but I almost feel like we haven't reached this part in his story yet.

Boonki

Woland said:
Few know this, but Flora's last name is Chan.
She's a distant cousin of Jackie.

LOL... now I figured out why I put that... Flora Chan is one of my friends favorite Cantonese singers. My bad.

SomeKindOfBlue

How, Caska? How could you not pounce this man?
No.... I would say that Puck is Gatts' mentor.

...I just can't seem to find the words to explain why...

G

Genn21

:D , well would the words be .. He bugs the shit out of gatts but gatts barly listens ( or buries puck under a rock when hes to annoying ^^;;)

Gatts true mentor is his unconscious thought of caska as hard as it may be to beleive that and the memories of his old life , casca's love & his old memories of the hawk's good days ( b .c eclipse :p )subconsciously motivates him and teaches him life lessons on new ways how to deal with people instead of smashing them with the d.g in some situation's , ( as well as letting so many new people close to him we all remember what he used to be like when he first came to griff's army )

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Genn21 said:
Gatts true mentor is his unconscious thought of caska as hard as it may be to beleive that and the memories of his old life , casca's love & his old memories of the hawk's good days ( b .c eclipse :p )subconsciously motivates him and teaches him life lessons on new ways how to deal with people instead of smashing them with the d.g in some situation's , ( as well as letting so many new people close to him we all remember what he used to be like when he first came to griff's army )
One sentence folks... one sentence.

Top Bottom