What if Skullknight and Zodd.....

Hi guys new to the site but this is something me and my friends have been discussing/debating this theory for a while so let me know what your thoughts are. It is my theory that the Skullknight and Zodd are the same as Phemto and Guts but not god hand. And by this I mean: Imagine if whoever Zodd was in his human life, was friends or someone very close to whoever Skullknight was in his human life. So if they were close enough and Zodd had a beherit, not necessarily the crimson beherit but perhaps a lesser one, then what would happen when his was activated? Assuming there was an eclipse where Zodd sacrificed whoever including Skullknight. But if Skullknight escaped, like Guts did, then that might explain why Zodd and Skullknight are forever fighting and also why Skullknight helps Guts and knows so much... Sorry this post is all over the place but ya let me know your thoughts :guts: :ubik:

TylerDurden710 said:
Hi guys new to the site but this is something me and my friends have been discussing/debating this theory for a while so let me know what your thoughts are. It is my theory that the Skullknight and Zodd are the same as Femto and Guts but not god hand. And by this I mean: Imagine if whoever Zodd was in his human life, was friends or someone very close to whoever Skullknight was in his human life. So if they were close enough and Zodd had a beherit, not necessarily the crimson beherit but perhaps a lesser one, then what would happen when his was activated? Assuming there was an eclipse where Zodd sacrificed whoever including Skullknight. But if Skullknight escaped, like Guts did, then that might explain why Zodd and Skullknight are forever fighting and also why Skullknight helps Guts and knows so much... Sorry this post is all over the place but ya let me know your thoughts :guts: :ubik:

Welcome to SK.net! :guts:

SkullKnight a.k.a. Gaiseric has been around for a millennium whereas Zodd has been around for 300 years or so....

The reasons SK is considered Gaiseric can be found all over this site.
Femto and Guts' equivalent would be Void and SK not Zodd and SK. The reason they share a rivalry is because Zodd is the only one who can match SK's power and has survived multiple encounters with him.

To further reinforce the idea that Void and SK are related, look into Volume 10,13 and 18.
In Volume 13, out of all the GodHand present, SK tried to strike Void....

In Volume 18, Mozgus states that there was a Sage during Gaiseric's era who was imprisoned in the Tower of Conviction, he was brutally tortured and begged God to punish Gaiseric until some "Angles" appeared.
This directly co-relates to Charlotte's dialogue in Volume 10 when they enter the Tower of Rebirth, she talks about how the ancient capital city of Gaiseric was destroyed by "Angels".
Although, it is clear that the Eclipse happened where Wyndham (or Falconia) currently stands and not in Albion since we saw the Dead bodies of the people marked with The Brand under the Tower of Rebirth.

Now, if you take a closer look at Void, you can definitely see signs of extreme torture (His ears have been cut off along with his nose, his lips have been peeled back, his skin has been flayed etc.).
Thus, Zodd and SK sharing a deeper connection other than a simple rivalry seems very unlikely.

TylerDurden710 said:
ahhh ok ya that makes a lot of sense.. thank you and ya i've just always felt that SK was a sacrifice that escaped..

Indeed. Flora kinda confirms that SK suffers/used to suffer from the same curse in Volume 24.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TylerDurden710 said:
It is my theory that the Skullknight and Zodd are the same as Femto and Guts but not god hand.

That wouldn't be consistent with SK's attitude toward Zodd, which is quite cordial, all things considered. They're more like friendly rivals on opposing sides of a war. Most of SK's planned attacks are directed against the God Hand, and Void in particular if you are among those who read a little into their encounter at the Eclipse.

hearTes said:
SkullKnight a.k.a. Gaiseric has been around for a millennium whereas Zodd has been around for 300 years or so....

Zodd could be older. It's just that "for 300 years" is the most he's ever boasted about his age.

Femto and Guts' equivalent would be Void and SK

Insofar as SK's revenge seems to be directed at Void in particular, and Guts' is directed at Femto, that parallel seems sound. But even that's speculative, and going beyond that parallel is super-speculative.

In Volume 18, Mozgus states that there was a Sage during Gaiseric's era who was imprisoned in the Tower of Conviction, he was brutally tortured and begged God to punish Gaiseric until some "Angles" appeared.

There are a few things wrong with this retelling. First, to be clear, it was Gaiseric that imprisoned the wiseman/sage. Second, the wiseman "proclaimed the sins of the king to god," while enduring countless tortures. The difference being that the wiseman wasn't begging god to punish the king. Third, it was only one "angel" that was sent.

This directly co-relates to Charlotte's dialogue in Volume 10

Err, no it doesn't...? Unless you're just saying it was another time when "angels" appeared during Gaiseric's reign. Otherwise there's nothing linking those two events.

Although, it is clear that the Eclipse happened where Wyndham (or Falconia) currently stands and not in Albion since we saw the Dead bodies of the people marked with The Brand under the Tower of Rebirth.

Yes, I actually made this exact point regarding that event just a few days ago.

Thus, Zodd and SK sharing a deeper connection other than a simple rivalry seems very unlikely.

I don't know about that. While I agree that the OP's theory is likely incorrect, there are still many possibilities open about Zodd's origins, and SK could have played a role in his past, making him more than "a simple rival". For one, Zodd knew about SK being the former wearer of the Berserk Armor. That's quite an enigmatic piece of information.

One thing we've discussed on our podcast a few times: SK groomed Guts to become who he is today. What if he did the same with Zodd, but it went badly, and he ended up choosing the path of apostles?

Hmmm I really like the theory's you've presented!! I've only read the whole series twice so am not AS well informed but even if the relationship between Zodd and SK isn't the same as Guts and Phemto would you disagree with my theory that SK was at one point a sacrifice that escaped? If not, what volumes would go further into this? SK has always been one of my favorite characters to speculate in my own mind about hahaha.

Walter said:
There are a few things wrong with this retelling. First, to be clear, it was Gaiseric that imprisoned the wiseman/sage. Second, the wiseman "proclaimed the sins of the king to god," while enduring countless tortures. The difference being that the wiseman wasn't begging god to punish the king. Third, it was only one "angel" that was sent.

Ah yes, I referred to the online translations instead of the official ones.

Walter said:
Err, no it doesn't...? Unless you're just saying it was another time when "angels" appeared during Gaiseric's reign. Otherwise there's nothing linking those two events.

Yes. Though since the official translations in volume 18 state that only 1 angel appeared, I don't think we can forge a strong link between the 2 said events.

Walter said:
I don't know about that. While I agree that the OP's theory is likely incorrect, there are still many possibilities open about Zodd's origins, and SK could have played a role in his past, making him more than "a simple rival". For one, Zodd knew about SK being the former wearer of the Berserk Armor. That's quite an enigmatic piece of information.

One thing we've discussed on our podcast a few times: SK groomed Guts to become who he is today. What if he did the same with Zodd, but it went badly, and he ended up choosing the path of apostles?

If I was SK and I did indeed groom Zodd, only for him to become Griffith's "chauffeur".... I 'd be very pissed :femto:

Deci

Walter said:

That's a really fascinating speculation, I hadn't thought of that before, very interesting thank you!

I was also thinking as I read this how it has actually always seemed to me that if you wanted to make a connection between Zodd/SK and Guts/Femto, the correlation would be closer to Guts and Zodd sharing more similar paths and SK/Femto. While the differences far outweigh the similarities, Gaeseric and Griffith aspiring and achieving their vast kingdoms is interesting to me. Guts and Zodd seem to have a subtle but notable admiration for their respective battle prowess', an ability to survive outcomes despite whatever odds, and not to mention their ranks within The Band of the Falcon. Anyway, it's fun to think about for me.

Top Bottom