I'd like to introduce myself

Hello everyone

I am a big comic book fan. I used to only read European comic books, but I discovered American ones a couple of years ago, such as 'Fables', 'DMZ', 'Y:The Last Man', 'Saga' ... About a year ago I also got into anime because of, you guessed it, 'Cowboy Bebop'. I started watching some more series like 'Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood', 'Trigun', 'Black Lagoon', 'Planetes' and of course 'Berserk'. That's also when I started reading manga. I'm really into the 'Akira', 'Black Lagoon', 'Rurouni Kenshin' books. Nothing can compare to 'Berserk' though.

The reason I like it so much, apart from the amazing writing and drawing, is probably because of the setting. As a European comic book fan this kind of setting is pretty prevalent. But the Japanese influences and the story itself are so different from what I'm used to in those comics, it feels very refreshing.

Since I'm a Belgian I would also like to point out that there is a Dutch version of Berserk. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on it because the translations have stopped after volume 17 and the translated volumes aren't being reprinted. I do believe the quality to be on par with the French manga since they are done by the same publisher. I haven't tried the French version yet though, so I cannot say whether it is any good.

I've also been reading the translations by Puella and others. I have to say that this is simply amazing work. Thank you very much.

I hope I can contribute in a meaningful way. See you on the forums. :serpico:

Top Bottom