How long is the wait between usually episodes and printed volumes?

I was wondering how long it usually takes for comic episodes to be published and grouped as a volume. I know we've had a ton of hiatus and sporadic releases, but if someone could give me a best estimated guess it would be appreciated! Reason being I much prefer reading it in volumes as I like having large chunks to digest. It is taking everything I have to hold back on the new content, but just wondered if I would be waiting for months and months.

Any info appreciated, thanks.

p.s - haven't read anything since Vol. 37!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As you said, it's been inconsistent for the past several years (see my episodic release chart), but things appear to be getting back on track.

If Miura keeps to a monthly release schedule, 12 per year, that would be more than 1 volume worth of content (it's ranged from 9-11 episodes per volume over the years). If that pace keeps up, I'd conservatively expect annual volume releases, perhaps every 10 months at the extreme end of possible.

As for Volume 38's release, there are at least 4 more episode releases before it can be collected into a volume. So I'd expect it by March, with a Dark Horse release by late 2016. I base that on how Volume 37 came out: Japan - March 2013; US - Dec 2013.

Walter said:
As for Volume 38's release, there are at least 4 more episode releases before it can be collected into a volume. So I'd expect it by March, with a Dark Horse release by late 2016. I base that on how Volume 37 came out: Japan - March 2013; US - Dec 2013.

Damn, that's a long time! Thanks for the info.

Still in two minds as of whether to wait it out or not. I feel like I've waited this long, I could pull off another year maybe... Might have just have to have another (slow) re-read to fill time instead!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hensmon said:
Damn, that's a long time! Thanks for the info.

Still in two minds as of whether to wait it out or not. I feel like I've waited this long, I could pull off another year maybe... Might have just have to have another (slow) re-read to fill time instead!

You unfortunately picked the worst possible time to be reading by volume only, as 38 is taking longer to come out than any other by far.

Top Bottom